PA - Makeshift Cat Morgue Found In Home

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Twenty cats found dead and frozen solid were discovered by Upper Darby police and health officials in the Drexel Hill section.

The home is owned by the mother of Denise Merget aged 58 who has been locked up since September 10th when she pulled a .38 on an animal cruelty officer who tried to remove 55 cats from her uninhabitable home.

The dead cats were mostly kittens and wrapped in plastic and stored in a freezer.

More at link

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/103774554.html?cmpid=15585797

I can sympathize with people who try to take in stray cats but they should only do so if they can provide a good, clean home, food and medical care for them. These poor little ones probably died a slow, painful death from lack of food and/or proper care. :cry: MOO

Twenty cats found dead and frozen solid were discovered by Upper Darby police and health officials in the Drexel Hill section.

The home is owned by the mother of Denise Merget aged 58 who has been locked up since September 10th when she pulled a .38 on an animal cruelty officer who tried to remove 55 cats from her uninhabitable home.

The dead cats were mostly kittens and wrapped in plastic and stored in a freezer.

More at link

http://www.philly.com/dailynews/local/103774554.html?cmpid=15585797

Hoarding plain and simple, right? The only reason she is still being held is because she pulled a gun on animal control. I bet she will get more time for the weapons charge.

Very sad disease. I hope some of the rescued cats are healthy enough to be adopted out. This reminds me of the lady in New Mexico, that was on hoarders. Very sad.

So sad. She is obviously mentally ill.

BTW, it's scary that she was able to get her hands on a gun.

So sad. She is obviously mentally ill.

BTW, it's scary that she was able to get her hands on a gun.
I agree and hopefully she will get the treatment she needs. MOO

Just rereading this. The end of the article says the block was still reeling because prostitutes were working out of the house across from this woman's.

One neighbor says "Well at least it's not drugs. Just prostitutes and crazy people".

I'm surprised Chief Michael Chitwood didn't comment on the gun.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back