Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 1937DFFL

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1937dffl.html

Rose Bud Kelley
Missing since October 6, 1988 from Jacksonville, Duval County, Florida
Classification: Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: August 29, 1947
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 41 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'6"; 115 lbs.
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; hazel eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Reportedly, Mr. Kelley left to take his children to school and when he returned Rose and her belongings were gone.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office
904-630-0500

Agency Case Number: 01-117571

Source Information:
FDLE
Justice Coalition

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kelley_rose.html

Can't find Rose Bud listed in NamUs at this time.

No archived articles found at this time.

Rose Bud has been missing almost 22 years. Her children deserve answers. Come home soon.

Attachments

• RKelley.jpg
    RKelley.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 89
As reported on Porchlight (Regarding Clay County FL Jane Doe found on 19-Mar-99):

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=17652

Found out from Nicole at LSU that this was Rose Kelley

index.php
2993959780045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

Thank you so much Carl. I'm glad she is finally going to go home to her loved ones. Her children deserved to have her home.

Rose is still listed as missing.... It may be a slow update on the sites, but doenetwork updated the UID as being identified but no change on Rose's missing status.

Anyone confirm this with the LE agency handling Rose's case?

Did they ever find who did this? I am asking because about that same time I got a ride when my car broke down. This guy I think about the same place offered me a ride. I ended up getting out of the car while it was still moving. He was definitely going to do more then rape me. Was complaining about cops and yelling. I was 16 and terrified. Wonder if this is who killed her. I tried to talk to cold case det. But noonee er got back to me. So figured theymust have the guy already.

As reported on Porchlight (Regarding Clay County FL Jane Doe found on 19-Mar-99):

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=17652

index.php
2993959780045078242S200x200Q851.jpg

Hi and welcome ethelme! Wow, that is some scary story you have to tell! I'm so glad you escaped. I don't know the status of her case, but if it's here it's probably not solved. I would definitely call back; sometimes calls and leads fall through the cracks. I think what happened to you could be tremendously important to this case. The Australian serial killer Ivan Milat was finally caught because his only living victim escaped from his car and called the police. But his original call fell through the cracks, and he thought nothing must have come of it. He called back again a few years later and his call helped seal the case. Call again.

Keep us posted, ethelme. Good luck.

I called a month or so ago. They took my information down.I am assuming they were able to find my 911 call when it happened. Never heard back from them. But they took my number in case they needed to. I am hoping it helps. I did tell himwhem the guy was yelling and being in a rage over things i didnt understand he was complaining about the cops going to his work. So hopefully that also.helps.

I did find out some new info. Very strange how it happened I did let the cold case know. honestly they must think I am crazy. Hopefully they will call. I think I have a name...It all could be bunk but I don't think so.

I did find out some new info. Very strange how it happened I did let the cold case know. honestly they must think I am crazy. Hopefully they will call. I think I have a name...It all could be bunk but I don't think so.

I hope they have called back since you last posted.

On a side note, I don't understand why they publicize the need for tips and then disregard potential ones that could be helpful. I understand that they are busy and older cases are probably not a top priority but they can still look into it. If it turns out to be unrelated, at least it was explored and can be eliminated as a possibility. No harm there and a better outcome than dismissing the information right away and never knowing for sure.

I made a last ditch effort and called the county that it happened in. Not the county that was handling the case. There was another murder I was wondering if they could be linked. And I got a call back. A detective, who was very nice, had just gotten the case and took my information. He actually mentioned seeing the police report about that night. So hopefully the info helped on his case and maybe in the future for the Rose Bud Kelly case. I feel much more at peace with it all now.

I just received information regarding Rose Bud Kelley from the Jacksonville Sheriff's department. Her case has been "exceptionally cleared" due to there being "no expectation of conviction". On or about Oct 6, 1988, Her husband Jimmie Earl Kelley is believed to have shot her in their bed, then along with a family member, disposed of her clothing and the mattress. Her body was then disposed of in Middleburg, Florida where her body was recovered by Clay County Sheriff's department on 3/19/1999. Until she was identified, she was treated as a Jane Doe. For a period of time, her remains were misidentified as male, rather than female, and possibly mixed-race. By 2001 this information was corrected in the system.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back