1938 users online (337 members and 1601 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Rigoberto Ruelas - 39 years old - South Gate - 20 Sept 2010

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2010/...-since-monday/

Teacher From South Gate Missing Since Monday
    September 25, 2010 8:39 PM

SOUTH GATE (CBS) —The public’s help is needed to find a 39-year-old schoolteacher from South Gate who’s been missing since Monday.

Rigoberto Ruelas, a teacher at Miramonte Elementary School, was last seen last Sunday, South Gate police said.

Ruelas let his school know he would need a substitute teacher for his classes on Monday and Tuesday, but did not show up for work on Wednesday and did not call in. His family reported him missing that day.

Ruelas, who has not been heard from since he called the school Monday, may be driving a gray 2007 Toyota Forerunner with California license plate number 6CRG989.

Anyone with information on Ruelas’ whereabouts can contact the South Gate Police Department at (323) 563-5436.
    Last edited by JBean; 09-26-2010 at 08:11 PM.

He was found deceased from an apparent suicide.
    He was despondent over the recent teacher rankings published in the LA Times. this was a highly controversial issue and he did not score that well. he was also nervous about upcoming parent-teacher conferences.

He arranged for a sub and went to Angeles National Forest and apparently killed himself.

Such pressure, RIP Mr. Ruelas.

SOUTH GATE, Calif. (KABC) -- An elementary school teacher from South Gate who mysteriously disappeared last week was found dead about 9 a.m. Sunday in the Angeles National Forest, authorities have confirmed.
    The Coroner confirmed the body found by a search and rescue team is that of Rigoberto Ruelas, 39, a fifth grade teacher at Miramonte Elementary School.
    Authorities said it is a suicide, but did not say how he killed himself. An autopsy is scheduled for Monday.
    http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?se...les&id=7690306

This is a link to his ranking and score. This piece by the LA Times is under a lot of fire for publishing this. They rated and ranked elementary school teachers.

http://projects.latimes.com/value-ad...oberto-ruelas/

This shouldn't made public about the teacher ranking & his job performance. It's confidential evaluation between him & head of the school committee. More people will commit suicide if the site ranking is allowed by hurting their feeling & lost confident about their ability to do the job.

RIP Mr. Ruelas
    I have empathy for Mr Ruelas as I have lost friends over the years from suicide, but I don't agree that the teacher rankings should not be published. I want to know everything about who my kids are going to be around for 6 to 8 hours a day. I checked the qualifications of the people when I sent my kids to daycare. I checked out babysitters also. I would guess that Mr. Ruelas had more issues than the teacher rankings.
    Again
    Rest in Peace
    Mr. Ruelas