2010.09.27 Status hearing - Ext to 2010.11.19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey not in court today, of course not.. If I were an innocent person sitting in jail I would attend every hearing wondering what my attorney was doing to get me out. If I were a guilty person in jail I would hide in my cell because I would already know theres no way out of this. Looking forward to the hearing.

I will be following this through WS on my lunch hour! So it should be 12:30 CST, right?

The Anthony defense said their expert is world renowned in the field of touch DNA, and that the information could help their case.

The state is balking at the request, saying the testing should be done at a certified lab inside the U.S. It's unclear whether the request would be taken up so soon at Monday's status hearing.

There is an issue being raised by the State Justice Administrative Commission on Monday. The JAC wants to make sure that in light of Anthony taking on three new attorneys that she is still indigent.

The JAC wants Judge Belvin Perry to clarify that issue.

http://www.wesh.com/r/25178031/detail.html

WFTV.com says they plan on streaming the hearing live.

I imagine the hearing will be mostly about whether deadlines being met. Hasn't a deadline passed to state which motions already filed are either moot or need to be scheduled for a hearing? That will be interesting to me. I've lost track of what motions are still pending.

Also, WESH is reporting that JAC is requesting clarification on Casey's indigency status given she has hired 3 new attorneys and that will be heard today. http://www.wesh.com/r/25178031/detail.html

WFTV.com says they plan on streaming the hearing live.

I imagine the hearing will be mostly about whether deadlines being met. Hasn't a deadline passed to state which motions already filed are either moot or need to be scheduled for a hearing? That will be interesting to me. I've lost track of what motions are still pending.

Also, WESH is reporting that JAC is requesting clarification on Casey's indigency status given she has hired 3 new attorneys and that will be heard today. http://www.wesh.com/r/25178031/detail.html

BBM

I'm betting they will all claim to be working pro bono, but you know they are still going to be submitting expenses, so how many lawyers are they going to allow expenses for? I hope they are going to shut this trainwreck down.

The Anthony defense said their expert is world renowned in the field of touch DNA, and that the information could help their case.

The state is balking at the request, saying the testing should be done at a certified lab inside the U.S. It's unclear whether the request would be taken up so soon at Monday's status hearing.

There is an issue being raised by the State Justice Administrative Commission on Monday. The JAC wants to make sure that in light of Anthony taking on three new attorneys that she is still indigent.

nums, I read your post up in the news section and I am wondering if you think it might need it's own thread. What could JB be thinking.......does he really expect to find any DNA on anything that was in the elements for 6 months?

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,2190766.story

<snipped>
(red bold me)

Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason say they want DNA testing done on a canvas bag found at the recovery site and "shorts the State of Florida believes was worn by Caylee Marie Anthony," according to the motion.

The defense also asks that the items be tested by its DNA expert Richard Eikelenboom of the Dutch-based Independent Forensic Services.

"Mr. Eikelenboom is world renowned and highly regarded as a pioneer in the field of touch DNA, an area that could prove useful to the defense," the motion states. "Many laboratories in the United States have not mastered this technique, thereby placing a severe restriction on its [the defense team's] ability to find an expert with this expertise."
______

BBM

I'm betting they will all claim to be working pro bono, but you know they are still going to be submitting expenses, so how many lawyers are they going to allow expenses for? I hope they are going to shut this trainwreck down.

I just don't get how she can be "indigent" with this many new attorneys. It's obvious they are in this for selfish reasons, so why is this allowed?:furious:

nums, I read your post up in the news section and I am wondering if you think it might need it's own thread. What could JB be thinking.......does he really expect to find any DNA on anything that was in the elements for 6 months?

<snipped>
(red bold me)

Defense attorneys Jose Baez and Cheney Mason say they want DNA testing done on a canvas bag found at the recovery site and "shorts the State of Florida believes was worn by Caylee Marie Anthony," according to the motion.

The defense also asks that the items be tested by its DNA expert Richard Eikelenboom of the Dutch-based Independent Forensic Services.

"Mr. Eikelenboom is world renowned and highly regarded as a pioneer in the field of touch DNA, an area that could prove useful to the defense," the motion states. "Many laboratories in the United States have not mastered this technique, thereby placing a severe restriction on its [the defense team's] ability to find an expert with this expertise."
______

I was waiting until we get the motion, but feel free to start one :smile:

I just don't get how she can be "indigent" with this many new attorneys. It's obvious they are in this for selfish reasons, so why is this allowed?:furious:

IF they are going to be allowed to have so many attorneys, I hope the JAC says they will have to pay for their own expenses. I also wonder if when the JAC cuts a check for expenses, do they make it out to the specific attorney or lab or whatever that is to be paid, or do they make a check to the Law Firm that is handling the case and expect them to pay the appropriate people? Because what I have seen of JB, it would not surprise me at all to know that he brought on a number of attorneys and labs to charge the JAC more and more, and then turn around and stiff the people who he was supposed to pay. JMO.

nums, I read your post up in the news section and I am wondering if you think it might need it's own thread. What could JB be thinking.......does he really expect to find any DNA on anything that was in the elements for 6 months? <respectfully snipped>
I doubt he "expects" to find any there but it is remotely possible that there could be some. If you don't look, you can't find out. I'm betting that any dna is either from one of the Anthonys (especially Cindy who probably did most of the hands-on child care as well as the laundry) or possibly even from someone in the manufacturing/retail chain of distribution of the shorts.

In Germany, there was an issue with a particular crime lab coming up with a supposed female serial killer whose dna was found in several completely unrelated murder scenes. It turned out that the swabs being used by the crime lab were sterile i.e. germ free after being put through a heat treatment process before packaging, but were not dna free. The heat treatment did not destroy the touch dna. The female dna was from a worker in the swab manufacturing plant.

If some touch dna from a factory worker or Target employee shows up, yet another poor slob will get thrown under the Casey Anthony bus.

Katprint
Always only my own opinions

IF they are going to be allowed to have so many attorneys, I hope the JAC says they will have to pay for their own expenses. I also wonder if when the JAC cuts a check for expenses, do they make it out to the specific attorney or lab or whatever that is to be paid, or do they make a check to the Law Firm that is handling the case and expect them to pay the appropriate people? Because what I have seen of JB, it would not surprise me at all to know that he brought on a number of attorneys and labs to charge the JAC more and more, and then turn around and stiff the people who he was supposed to pay. JMO.

I am pretty sure JAC knows jb record....I'm pretty sure that HHJP knows jb record---he himself stated (IIRC) that he will go over expenses with a fine tooth comb....it will be looked at!!! :twocents:

JAC pays the vendor (attorney, PI, transcriptionist) directly.

I was waiting until we get the motion, but feel free to start one :smile:

Sounds like a good plan to me, we'll wait. I don't want to derail this thread for the status hearing.

<snipped>
(red bold me)

______

I'm sure he's hoping to find that the evidence was contaminated by the technicians to get it thrown out and/or to use any mystery dna for a soddi defense. If Caylee's DNA wasn't on the duct tape, it's ridiculous to think any other dna survived.

BBM
IMO The same can be said about Dr Vass and the Prosecutions case.

And as a Taxpayer paying for this case I agree with Ashton, if there is a Certified Lab in the U.S then that's where the testing should be done.
:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member