Party Cancelled, need suggestions for new venue. Firehall found the idea offensive.

Steely Dan

Former Member
Reaction score
I know I'm a couple of days late with this but those who didn't read their email messages Friday afternoon may have shown up at the fire hall anyway.

Sorry, but remember it's your responsibility to check your messages. Since the party was canceled so late, we had a very limited amount of time to work with. Some of us found a venue nearby quickly but very few people showed up for that. I'm guessing a lot of you don't check your email often.

Your fees can be refunded or you can receive a coupon for the next one as well as a complimentary canister of whipped cream and cups of pudding. It will only be usable for the next event and no refunds if taking the coupon instead.

Anyway, we even had a story put in the Buffalo News about it's cancellation;

Sex party booked for fire hall is canceled
By Maki Becker
NEWS STAFF REPORTER
Published:September 25, 2010, 1:20 PM

..."Many have questioned the discretionary capability of holding it in such a place," the organizer wrote. The organizer claimed that "one member from the hall" knew about the swingers party and was "in the lifestyle" and that he would be attending the event with his wife.

Cohen said fire officials are looking into that claim....

-------------------------------

...Someone from the fire company attends all events at the halls, in case there are any issues.

"We would have put a stop to it," he said.

But firefighters have never dealt with any issues of this nature, Cohen said. Before Saturday, he said, "all that has happened was somebody trying to give an underage person alcohol."

Hmmm, they always have someone from the fire company monitor the hall during parties and yet can't believe one of their own would be into this kind of thing?! :waitasec:

Imagined conversation;

"Hey Horace! Did you hear about the big wife swapping party that was supposed to happen Saturday? That was you're night to monitor. Good thing they caught it in time. I bet your wife would have freaked out going there and seeing something like that.

I wonder who the guy in our company is that was supposed to be there?" :waitasec:

I know I'm a couple of days late with this but those who didn't read their email messages Friday afternoon may have shown up at the fire hall anyway.

Sorry, but remember it's your responsibility to check your messages. Since the party was canceled so late, we had a very limited amount of time to work with. Some of us found a venue nearby quickly but very few people showed up for that. I'm guessing a lot of you don't check your email often.

Your fees can be refunded or you can receive a coupon for the next one as well as a complimentary canister of whipped cream and cups of pudding. It will only be usable for the next event and no refunds if taking the coupon instead.

Anyway, we even had a story put in the Buffalo News about it's cancellation;

Sex party booked for fire hall is canceled
By Maki Becker
NEWS STAFF REPORTER
Published:September 25, 2010, 1:20 PM

..."Many have questioned the discretionary capability of holding it in such a place," the organizer wrote. The organizer claimed that "one member from the hall" knew about the swingers party and was "in the lifestyle" and that he would be attending the event with his wife.

Cohen said fire officials are looking into that claim....

-------------------------------

...Someone from the fire company attends all events at the halls, in case there are any issues.

"We would have put a stop to it," he said.

But firefighters have never dealt with any issues of this nature, Cohen said. Before Saturday, he said, "all that has happened was somebody trying to give an underage person alcohol."

Hmmm, they always have someone from the fire company monitor the hall during parties and yet can't believe one of their own would be into this kind of thing?! :waitasec:

Imagined conversation;

"Hey Horace! Did you hear about the big wife swapping party that was supposed to happen Saturday? That was you're night to monitor. Good thing they caught it in time. I bet your wife would have freaked out going there and seeing something like that.

I wonder who the guy in our company is that was supposed to be there?" :waitasec:

All I can say is "OH BOY!" and "MY GOODNESS!" :eek:

Our local firemen's biggest events is a "used book sale" and a "once-a-year town garage sale"!!! :angel:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back