1351 users online (260 members and 1091 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

A Stolen Life - Jaycee's New Book

http://www.people.com/people/article...429411,00.html

from the article, more at link.

"Jaycee Dugard's incredible story of survival during 18 years of captivity until her 2009 rescue, will be published next year. And the author: Dugard herself.

Publisher Simon & Schuster said in a release that Dugard, now 30, will tell of her life from the time of her 1991 abduction to how she is faring now. Financial terms of her book deal were not divulged."

Thumbs up

Good for her! She deserves to be the one to profit from her story for all the years of hell she was put through, and the negligence of the parole board in not locating her by not checking... This is one book I will definitely find the money to buy and read- and I can practically guarantee she won't be telling Garrido's "heart-warming" story!!!
    I can't wait to hear what she has to say and how she is faring!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

and i think it's so amazing she's writing it herself! i'm so proud of her, and i don't even know her....

LadyL is offline Sleuthing for Lonzie Barton & All Victims.
    I will definately buy it and I hope the process helps heal her trauma and I hope the money helps secure a future for her and her daughters.

GO GIRL GO
    this is going to be very cleansing for JC !!!

I wonder or think that she will have to edit some of it out for the girls sake.

GO JC GO
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings,
    we simply continue to fly... on a broomstick.

We're flexible like that.

Jaycee continues to amaze and astound me! I hope writing her story helps her heal and pulls her closer to her Mom, sister and girls, and through that further away from the horrors of her past.

I definitely do not think she will tell all to protect her daughters.
    Or to keep her privacy privet.
    but I will read that for sure.
    Women are Angels.

This is a great way for her to help herself in the healing process as well as helping others. Good for her..........I for one will buy the book, my 12 year old dd was so inspired by Jaycee's strength that she wrote an essay about her for school last year when she was found....
    Just my, no one elses

I did not know where to put this one?

Do you think jaycee lee dugard should be named mother of the decade?
    consider what she went through and even so raised two daughters who all reports say are
    normal well educated children.

http://www.sodahead.com/united-state...stion-1383003/

AFTER YOU TAKE THE VOTE, YOU WILL FIND THE RESULT IS
    100% of the voters do think YES.
    Women are Angels.

I DID NOT KNOW WHRE TO PUT THIS ONE.

Jaycee Dugard – 1992 News Footage of song JAYCEE LEE

This is a montage of original news clips from January of 1992. It features archival footage from the four news network affiliates located in ...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdBDCnHohkQ[/ame]

It gave me the chills - God Bless you JC - Merry Christmas to you and the family.
    Women are Angels.

I don't know that leaving parts out of the book is going to help... because they are going to come out in the trial anyway, right?

If I was her I think I might wait till I had a better idea of what would come out at trial. Then I'd have a better idea of what, if anything I should leave out of the book.

Or she could just write a sequel after the trial too.

S&S acquires Jaycee Dugard memoir

Simon & Schuster has acquired the memoir of Jaycee Dugard, the American 11-year-old who was kidnapped and held captive for 18 years by Philip Garrido, bearing two children by him.

Kerri Sharp, S&S UK non-fiction senior commissioning editor, acquired UK and Commonwealth rights including ANZ from S&S US, which bought world rights from Mort Janklow of Janklow & Nesbit Associates, and Nancy Seltzer, a representative for the Dugard family.

>>>>>>>snip

Sharp said "Only once or twice in a career does one get the chance to publish such an extraordinary story of survival and courage."

more at link>>>>>>>>>

http://www.thebookseller.com/news/ss...rd-memoir.html
    Women are Angels.

I just wanted to let you all know that Jaycee's book is supposed to be out on July 12th. It's called A Stolen Life, and it will be released in hardcover, ebook, and audiobook. Jaycee will be reading the audiobook herself, too!

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2548680.story

Publisher description for "a Stolen life"
    In the summer of 1991 I was a normal kid. I did normal things. I had friends and a mother who loved me. I was just like you. Until the day my life was stolen.

For eighteen years I was a prisoner. I was an object for someone to use and abuse. For eighteen years I was not allowed to speak my own name. I became a mother and was forced to be a sister. For eighteen years I survived an impossible situation.

On August 26, 2009, I took my name back. My name is Jaycee Lee Dugard. I don't think of myself as a victim. I survived.

A Stolen Life is my story—in my own words, in my own way, exactly as I remember it.

---

The pine cone is a symbol that represents the seed of a new beginning for me. To help facilitate new beginnings, with the support of animal-assisted therapy, the J A Y C Foundation provides support and services for the timely treatment of families recovering from abduction and the aftermath of traumatic experiences—families like my own who need to learn how to heal. In addition, the J A Y C Foundation hopes to facilitate awareness in schools about the important need to care for one another.

Our motto is "Just Ask Yourself to . . . Care!"

A portion of my proceeds from this memoir will be donated to The J A Y C Foundation Inc.

www.thejaycfoundation.org

Quote Originally Posted by BeenaBobba View Post
    I just wanted to let you all know that Jaycee's book is supposed to be out on July 12th. It's called A Stolen Life, and it will be released in hardcover, ebook, and audiobook. Jaycee will be reading the audiobook herself, too!

http://www.fox40.com/news/headlines/...,2548680.story
    I think the book is due out this week.
    Women are Angels.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast