Found Deceased NY - Lindsey Woods, 25, Brighton, 26 Sept 2010

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.henriettapost.com/latestnews/x552735943/Brighton-woman-missing-in-Wayne-County

Brighton woman missing in Wayne County

Brooks has blond hair, is 5' 8" and 115 pounds. Brooks was last seen wearing a brown jacket, beige sweater, and black jeans

http://rocnow.com/article/local-news/2010100927009

Brooks, who has been staying with her boyfriend at his residence at 4732 Eddy Ridge Road, Marion, was last seen about 11 a.m. yesterday, before she went into a wooded area by her boyfriend’s property, near the corner of Eddy Ridge and Warner roads.

she spoke with a friend via cell phone after she entered the woods. The friend became concerned for her and called police

The date in title should read 9/26/10

Lindsey is staying with her boyfriend, leaves and walks into nearby woods, talks with a friend via cell, friend gets worried and calls police.

Did Lindsey and boyfriend have a fight and if so, why was the friend worried? Somehow this sounds very familiar. moo

So she went into the woods at 11am and last used her phone, while in the woods, at 3pm? What was she doing in the woods for 4 hours and what caused her friend to become alarmed for her safety? This doesn't sound good.

From article linked:

"She was staying with her boyfriend in that area and was going for her normal walk in the woods behind the house.

So walking in the woods is cited as being normal. IMO "normal" means something you do on an occasional or regular basis and would have been no cause of concern until she didn't return.

Hah, I just logged in to post that quote from the article. They do make it sound like she does this often. I'm sure LE knows what she said to her friend that caused her to become alarmed, but they're not going to tell us. I guess most of it rests on that...

Is anyone able to find any additional information on Lindsey? I am having a hard time finding her.

From article linked:

"She was staying with her boyfriend in that area and was going for her normal walk in the woods behind the house.

So walking in the woods is cited as being normal. IMO "normal" means something you do on an occasional or regular basis and would have been no cause of concern until she didn't return.

Yeah, I didn't find the walking into the woods to be out of the ordinary, but was wondering whether or not her being in the woods for 4+ hours was odd. That's a long time to be gone, IMO, but then I (being much older with a weaker bladder) would need to use the facilities much sooner than that.

According to these tweets, Lindsey had only been living with her boyfriend for 4 days.
http://twitter.com/whec_bbrean

State police have been able to ping her cell phone, but haven't said where.

Grandfather of boyfriend owns house that they were staying at. Says he doesn't know what happened to her.

not finding her either

Berkeley Bean of the above Twitter acct isn't finding much on her either.

I found someone that could possibly be her, as far as name and middle initial in NY, working on Broadway. I wonder how far away she is from NYC.

*snip*
The friend, who lives in Brighton, told police she was concerned for her safety so she called family and friends and then Brighton Police who called State Police to aid in the search. *snip*

http://www.whec.com/news/stories/S1762643.shtml?cat=566

Lindsey's conversation with her friend must have revealed a great deal of information. There is a huge search in the woods she was last walking in. moo mho

Has anyone seen any pictures of Lindsey posted on media sites?

Berkeley Bean of the above Twitter acct isn't finding much on her either.

I found someone that could possibly be her, as far as name and middle initial in NY, working on Broadway. I wonder how far away she is from NYC.

Middle name Tina???

I found one, in NY, also in Theater, entertainment. She was married in the summer of 2006 and was 27 years old then...which would make her 30-31 years old now. So if it's that one, it's not her.

Why are they only releasing an initial? Lindsey T Brooks?? And why no picture? :waitasec:

Middle name Tina???

I found one, in NY, also in Theater, entertainment. She was married in the summer of 2006 and was 27 years old then...which would make her 30-31 years old now. So if it's that one, it's not her.

Why are they only releasing an initial? Lindsey T Brooks?? And why no picture? :waitasec:

Thanks! I couldn't find an age for that one, so it does not sound like it is her.

Reasons why I would call the police after talking with a friend who was in the woods alone:

If I was concerned they were too intoxicated too safely care for themselves

If I was concerned they had overdosed

If I was concerned they had a weapon and might harm themselves

If they were making threats to harm themselves or others

If I was concerned they were totally lost and not going to ask for help themselves

If I was concerned they might have a head injury preventing them from thinking correctly

If I was concerned they might have another serious, life threatening injury

If I was concerned they might have some other type of medical emergency from a prior medical condition

Anything else??

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back