1128 users online (224 members and 904 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Baez Wants Casey Present at Depositions of Jail Inmates and Personnel

I feel JB has something up his sleeve with this request. Maybe thinks she can pursuade them not to talk if she is in the room, afterall she thinks they are her BFFs. I also think this means JB is worried about them as witnesses.

DaughterAlice is offline ''I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, sweetie, but it's me! Me! Me! Me!''
    Thanks for the update! I assume this came out of today's status hearing? I didn't get to see it. I wonder if it's common practice for inmates to be present at the depos? It doesn't seem right.

I think your theory might be spot on, about why KC wants them there, and about JB being worried.

Quote Originally Posted by DaughterAlice View Post
    Thanks for the update! I assume this came out of today's status hearing? I didn't get to see it. I wonder if it's common practice for inmates to be present at the depos? It doesn't seem right.

I think your theory might be spot on, about why KC wants them there, and about JB being worried.
    My jaw dropped when he asked for this. I could see CM chuckling in my mind's eye.
    It is not common practice for the defendant to be present at the deposition. I doubt this will be approved by HHJP. JB has to show good cause and gave a lame excuse at the hearing today.

Can you imagine if Casey was present during, say, Amy's depo? It would be intimidating, to say the least. I imagine there's a very sane reason why this is not done and needs to have good cause shown. I couldn't watch the whole hearing, yet, so was JB asking for her presence during the depos of anyone in particular, or all remaining depos?

Quote Originally Posted by truckengirl View Post
    I feel JB has something up his sleeve with this request. Maybe thinks she can pursuade them not to talk if she is in the room, afterall she thinks they are her BFFs. I also think this means JB is worried about them as witnesses.
    iirc (I will be going back to listen to the hearing again)..Judge Perry said the Law does not allow the Defendant to be present during depositions and Baez said he will, now don't be shocked , file a motion to show "just cause"

AZ or other WS legals, what would constitute "just cause" here when the Law does not allow for it?
    IMO the excuse of Casey not remembering names is not a compelling one when all Baez has to do is get a picture of that person with their name below...

I agree, truckengirl Baez/ICA is up to something...smirk, smirk
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Is this standard? I have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    Can you imagine if Casey was present during, say, Amy's depo? It would be intimidating, to say the least. I imagine there's a very sane reason why this is not done and needs to have good cause shown. I couldn't watch the whole hearing, yet, so was JB asking for her presence during the depos of anyone in particular, or all remaining depos?
    No, not anyone in particular, nor the remaining Depos...Only the Depos of Jail personnel done at the County Jail..
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

The beautiful roundabout of Context, Veracity, and JUSTICE
    JB also stated that he believes that there is "something funky" going on down at the jail. Dunno how or if that statement relates to him wanting KC there for those depos.
    You can hold back from the suffering of the world. You have free permission to do so and it is in accordance with your nature.
    But perhaps this very holding back is the one suffering you could have avoided.
    Franz Kafka

Be not simply good. Be good for something.
    HDT

Quote Originally Posted by ynotdivein View Post
    JB also stated that he believes that there is "something funky" going on down at the jail. Dunno how or if that statement relates to him wanting KC there for those depos.
    Ooo, "somthing funky down at the jail" my jaw dropped when he said that, very professional Mr. Baez how did it go again um..a..mmm...er somthing er..hum..ah FUNKY..uh..down at the jail...smirk smirk....um..sly grin.

KC has told Baez that everyone "loves" her in the jail, maybe he thinks she can use her svengali like personality to hypnotize them from across the room. It could be he hopes they will be sympathetic/intimidated or whatever by her mere presence. Mr.Baez should know by now that you can only fool all of the people some of the time...that time has long since gone.

His defense strategy is unfocused and has always been about intimidation and misdirection, none of which is going to do his client any good. JMHO

Like ICA "forgot" the people she wrote to ! Yep UMHMMMMM I believe that half truth! DUHH!

JB Wants ICA Present at Depositions of Jail Inmates and Personnel

Yeah, well I want to be a size 2 and drive a Porsche.

I'd bet Jose and I are in the same boat on this "want" business.
    We have enough youth. How about looking for a Fountain of Smart?

kaRN is offline Verified Health Professional - Registered Nurse
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnatcatcher View Post
    Just for the depos of Jail personnel because ICA can't remember their names. We also learned today that Amy was never deposed before the cheque case and still not deposed in the murder case.

Injustice for Caylee Marie Anthony.

Copyright that Cindy

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Suess

After Baez stated in today's status hearing that he would like to have ICA present for the depositions of the Orange County Corrections Officers, HHJP asked Baez if he knew what the rule said.

FRCP 3.220 (h) Discovery Depositions

(7) Defendant’s Physical Presence. A defendant shall not be physically present at a deposition except on
    stipulation of the parties or as provided by this rule. The court may order the physical presence of the defendant
    on a showing of good cause. The court may consider (A) the need for the physical presence of the defendant to obtain effective discovery, (B) the intimidating effect of the defendant’s presence on the witness, if any, (C) any
    cost or inconvenience which may result, and (D) any alternative electronic or audio/visual means available.

Whaaaa? Can you please explain what that means?

I get the meaning of A, B seems like the choice that Jose would love to use, but C and D just don't make sense to me.

Also, of those reasons to allow a defendant to attend a depo, which one would Jose likely present (motion) to HHJP?

Thanks in advance!
    "We wish to find the truth, no matter where it lies. But to find the truth we need imagination and skepticism both. We will not be afraid to speculate, but we will be careful to distinguish speculation from fact." Carl Sagan

Funny how ICA doesn't want to be bothered with attending status hearings but she wants to attend depositions. I don't think judge will ever grant this request because all she has to do is identify them through pictures.

It's the only way she can see her ol' buddies. I'm sure they're just frothing at the bit to see her, too.

*insert eye roly poly.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast