1318 users online (237 members and 1081 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

UT - Michael & Penni Barry for raping 11yo daughter, Bountiful, 2007

I've got to ask the obvious here. Why would a couple who were raping their child, allow her to attend therapy? That poor little girl. I am so hopeful that a loving foster placement is working to restore a little trust for her. What wicked parents.....

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50...ouple.html.csp

Bountiful [UT] couple charged with raping daughter

"Prosecutors have charged a Bountiful [UT] couple with raping their daughter.

In 2007, the couple engaged in sex acts with their daughter when she was 11 and 12 years old, charging documents state. The couple, whom The Salt Lake Tribune is not naming in order to protect their daughter’s identity, engaged in sex acts with the child in front of each other and together, the documents state. The information came to light during the child’s therapy session...."

and

"...The girl, along with a younger sister and brother, have been placed in state custody..."

more at link
    Last edited by Salem; 03-29-2011 at 12:07 PM.

A link to some discussion of the case:

Bountiful couple charged with raping daughter - The Salt Lake Tribune's TribTalk

Remember, the MS pages can't be linked to as they show children.

I learn something new everyday. I didn't realize that one could be on good standing with the Mormon church and smoke and drink and have tattoos. That's far different than the expectations past Mormon friends of mine have adhered to. There's also mention of past a past abuser of the children who's now in prison. It sounds as if these children were victimized by more than one couple.
    Last edited by KateB; 05-18-2015 at 01:39 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

Missizzy- The couple (or, the wife at least) was not active Mormon. She was raised in the church, but stopped practicing.

I don't know this couple personally, but I know of them. They were not active Mormon. Which may explain the tattoos, drinking, etc.

I guess they are announcing the names of the couple. Possibly, other victims might come forward:

http://www.standard.net/topics/sex-a...ged-child-rape

"A married couple has been charged with first-degree felonies for having a sexual relationship with an 11-year-old girl.

[MY NOTE: HELLO!! IT'S NOT A RELATIONSHIP, IT'S RAPE...IF IT WERE A RELATIONSHIP, THERE WOULDN'T BE FELONIES ATTACHED TO IT]

Bountiful police arrested Michael Ray Barry, 44, and his wife, Penni Barry, 36, on Wednesday after investigating claims made by the girl, said Police Lt. Randy Pickett...."

more at link

Thanks for that clarification. That really bothered me. However, the mother does comment that her children are going to church. I'm hopeful that other church members can be supportive of these children as their lives must be turned upside down.

It really irritates me when people proclaim to not smoke or drink and then there's photos of them clearly engaging in that behavior. Both MS pages are extremely smarmy, IMO. The friends I have had which were active in the Mormon church would never consider having a MS page like these. Their pages were very family centered and loving.

http://www.myyearbook.com/?mysession...lkPTI1NzE4NTQ1

The child was raped in the past. Penni talks about going to trial and hoping they send the man away. On her MS page, she talks about the man in jail having photos of her children. This woman scares me. The photos of her little girl are NOT appropriate and she kind of gloats about men wanting to "marry" her little girl.

YUCK. Poor child.

the "my yearbook page"? ummm..........ok....
    poor girl( the child i mean) and she had younger sibs? i wonder what the younger ones endured? my heart goes out to the kids

Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Anaïs Nin
    I almost threw up looking at her myspace...poor kid....so that would have been 3 years ago.
    Where is Jennifer Kesse? www.findjenniferkesse.com

Sick!!! What could possibly make a 'mother' believe this would EVER be ok!

Poor kidlets!

There are two younger siblings who are in state custody, along with the victim. I'm more than a little concerned, though, about just who the granddaughter belongs to. Penni says that she was only allowed to see her on the day she was born (sometime in 2009) and is being kept away from her.

There's only two scenarios I can think of which would explain that. She might have an older child who had an infant. That child might have the good sense to keep the infant away from Penni. The second scenario is too awful to even print.

http://www.hi5.com/friend/p37482748--Profile--html

She did NOT make a good choice for her children:

Sept. 30, 2005

"...Well I have done it.<more at link>

So, who's in prison for hurting her child?
    Last edited by JBean; 09-27-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: please do not carry comments or posts from othere sites due to copyright. 10% only thanks!

The previous husband, I believe, whose address is the Utah State Prison in Draper:

http://www.homefacts.com/offender-de...el-Burton.html

Robert Samuel Burton
    Address:14425 BITTERBRUSH LANE DRAPER, UT 84020 [State Prison]
    Race:Caucasian
    Sex: Male
    Height: "5'06''
    Weight:130lb lbs
    Eyes: Hazel
    Hair: Brown
    Age/DOB: 43

Something about this story strikes me as odd, but I can't quite put my finger on it. It doesn't make sense that they would put the child in therapy if they thought she was going to tell on them. Unless it was court mandated because of the prior assaults. Missizzy, do you know if the courts ever mandate therapy treatment in these cases?

On her hi5 page she says she loves any book by VC Andrews and all of those books are basically about incest.

My daughter has read probably every single VC Andrews book and has no history or interest in incest. I don't think you can use reading materials to objectively make an observation about someone. I read lots of crime and mystery books, but I'm not a criminal. LOL

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast