688 users online (61 members and 627 guests)  

Websleuths News

IN - Woman wanted pain pills/attacks son's girlfriend with acid

What is it with women and acid? First, how many people have it sitting around? Second, who thinks of attacking someone with it? It's right up there with a knife or a gun as far as permanent effects, IMO. I honestly don't get it. Thank God the little toddler didn't get splashed.

http://www.wthr.com/story/13220477/i...ed-acid-attack

Indianapolis woman faces charges in alleged acid attack

"A 40-year-old Indianapolis woman faces charges after police say she threw acid in the face of her son's girlfriend.

Metro Police were called to the 4400 block of Fairhope Drive Friday afternoon. Joseph Miller told police that his mother, Angela Paterson, and his girlfriend, Jessica Burns, were in a heated argument when Paterson reportedly threw a small amount of gold testing solution in Burns' face.

Burns suffered severe burns and blisters to her face and around her eyes. She was transported to the hospital for treatment...."

and

"....Burns had just returned from a doctor's appointment when Paterson demanded half of the pain killers prescribed to Burns in exchange for allowing her to reside in her home.

According to the police report, when Burns refused to give Paterson any of her medication, Paterson became hostile and started yelling and screaming at them and their young child. Miller told police Paterson chased Burns around the living room, grabbed a small bottle of acidic solution and splashed it in Burns' face...."

more at link

Well Angela, have fun in jail trying to get the drugs you want! I know addiction is a terrible disease, but it is a disease of CHOICE!

Thank goodness Jessica wasn't blinded.

O.K. who amongst us has gold testing acid laying around? Not I said Filly. Just that information coupled with this enraged woman says either they are hocking jewelry or buying it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Whatever happened to paying rent? Now you pay in pain pills? Trust me I so know the craziness of that world. Unfortunately I hear about it almost every single day from my friend. Addicted son. Somebody robbed somebody. Somebody steals the electronics. Bricks through the window.

No doubt there was a prearranged agreement and once the poor chick got her script she negotiated with crazed momma and the result? Acid thrown at ya. If Angela Patterson wanted the drugs for herself and not to sell she's not feeling too good about now like Sunnie said.

I've had trouble with people stealing my pain pills. I have to lock them up and watch them like a hawk. One time someone stole a whole bottle of 180. I almost had a stroke. Reported it to the police, but I had no idea who did it, so not much to be done. Luckily my doctor believed me and gave me a Rx to get me through to the next refill. People have no qualms when it comes to stealing pain pills from other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Thank goodness Jessica wasn't blinded.

O.K. who amongst us has gold testing acid laying around? Not I said Filly. Just that information coupled with this enraged woman says either they are hocking jewelry or buying it. Maybe I'm wrong.

Whatever happened to paying rent? Now you pay in pain pills? Trust me I so know the craziness of that world. Unfortunately I hear about it almost every single day from my friend. Addicted son. Somebody robbed somebody. Somebody steals the electronics. Bricks through the window.

No doubt there was a prearranged agreement and once the poor chick got her script she negotiated with crazed momma and the result? Acid thrown at ya. If Angela Patterson wanted the drugs for herself and not to sell she's not feeling too good about now like Sunnie said.
    ~above BBM~

That was my first thought when I read this Filly. I bought gold and silver back in the '80's and used the acid to determine the validity of the gold/silver content in the piece if there was no official stamp of the karats. The acid is not something one would just have around the house, unless they were buying gold and silver or using the acid to confirm if it's real before hocking it. IMO.

This poor woman. What a terrible thing to do to a person and with a child present. I hope she's in jail for a long long time.

MOO

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23