GUILTY TX - Yancy Daniels, 30, & Leiah Jackson, 28, pregnant, murdered, 26 Sept 2010

This is horrific! Something tells me that this was very personal to whomever committed this crime... ex-boyfriend? ex-girlfriend of the new fiance/baby's father? Somewhere I saw a link that they have a POI and it's a man, but now can't find it. She was stabbed over 20 times in the stomach only, that is just sick! RIP Leiah and baby boy.

This has got to be related to a scorned ex-boy/girlfriend. Don't you think?

And to think that this poor mother to be had defensive wounds all over her from trying to protect her baby and then after being stabbed that many times she was able to run to her mothers and bang on her door before collapsing on her own mothers front porch.....I just cannot understand why anyone would want to harm an innocent fetus...I did hear that she was able to tell her mother as well as the first responders who did this before she died all I can say is this was one strong woman and to think her fiance was killed miles away on the same day....

Rip Leiah her fiance and there unborn child.

And she was a nurse at the local elementary school and was going to college at night to advance to an even better career.

This has got to be related to a scorned ex-boy/girlfriend. Don't you think?

I heard on NG tonight that she said it was her fiances cousin that did this to her.

I heard on NG tonight that she said it was her fiances cousin that did this to her.

I missed most of NG tonight. Did she say anything about a motive the fiance's cousin might have had?

This is a horrible crime, how could a person deliberately go after an unborn baby like that? The cousin must be a real creep. Wonder what his problem is. The murder of an expectant mother is such a cruel thing. The poor girl knew what was happening. Well, of course she knew, but I mean, she knew he was killing her baby, too. That's horrible. She carried her precious baby 8-1/2 months, almost time to bring him into the world, and this took that away from her, and she knew it was happening. She couldn't protect herself, and, worse, she couldn't protect her little baby.

Life really isn't fair, is it?

:furious::furious::furious:

Sometimes I get so depressed reading about all the blankety-blank hateful and/or senseless things people do to others, and, sometimes, even to themselves.

Tragic, but even more so as this was done by a relative of her boyfriends. I wonder what kind of lame @ss excuse he will give for such a heinous crime?!

May God have pity on your soul, as I doubt anyone on earth would! TWA! ^j^

By PAIGE HEWITT and SARAH RASLAN
HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Sept. 27, 2010, 7:30PM

snip

Missouri City police are questioning a man who may be connected to both slayings.

snip

“Houston police are holding our person of interest,“ said Capt. John Bailey of the Missouri City Police Department.

Bailey said he could not disclose the man's name because he has not been arrested in the case. The also would not say why police consider the man a “person of interest“ or if the man knew Jackson or Daniels.

However, he acknowledged that the woman knew her attacker.

snip

Leiah Jackson then told her mother that the attacker was a relative of the unborn boy's father, family members said. Police would not comment on the suspect's identity.

More at link:
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/moms/7218827.html

Per JVM, the fathers name is Yancy Daniels and there was also a fire set at the same apartment complex that he was found dead at and that fire damaged 8 apartments....Mike Brooks says that it is not Gang Violence or Domestic Violence and LE has yet to say what the motive may be...LE is saying they do not think the fire in the apartments are releated but not sure at this point.....The person of intrest has a rap sheet and drug issues...Dale Archer on the panel is saying that this looks like a crime of passion and possibly the cousin was infatuated with the pregnant mother and jealous of her fiance...

Joanna Greenwald on the panel is saying that it appears that drugs may have been the problem of the cousin...The cousin was picked up on a parole violation and was in possesion of drugs. LE is waiting for forensics to come back and in the mean time they are holding the cousin in jail for the probabtion violation. Some on the panel are suggesting jealousy possibly of the lifestyle the mother and finace had as well as the fact that they were doing well...there were questions by the panel to JVM if the fiance was the bio father of the child and JVM was told by her producers that LE has already confimed that Finace' was the bio dad...

JVM is now stating that Leigh comes from a very wealthy family and that this possibly was the motive for money...Now there is some confusion as to if the POI is Leigh cousin or Yancy's cousin...Panel is saying that when this goes to trial it is likely to be as big of a trial as the Scott Peterson case was and that there will surely go after the death penalty....Residence in the area are scared to death until LE makes an arrest....Ok show over.. I may have missed a bit I tried to get it all...I do remember they said that Leigh's grandmother was a big name and was even acknowledged in Washington DC but I missed that part.

I had nightmares about leiah and her son last night. The fact that this monster has a rap sheet, uses drugs, and had drugs when he was picked up, makes me wonder if he first approached, (and killed), his cousin, after he asked for drug money, but the cousin refused? He may have then gone to Leiah's, to ask for money from her. I wonder if the cousins wallet, or leiah's purse were stolen?

What a horrible, vicious crime. I hope I dream about something different tonight.

This is an awful crime in any jurisdiction but for one to get the death penalty this absolutely took place in the right location, Houston, Harris County, TX. We have no qualms about handing out the death penalty.

Comments about the murders from Yancy Daniels' sister, and also remarks from Leiah Jackson's godmother, plus a video of Leiah's godmother ... Dionne Warwick.

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=7694413&rss=rss-ktrk-article-7694413

"He was a good person -- a protector, provider, comforter," said Tarhonda Daniels, sister of Yancy Daniels. "I don't see why someone would want to kill him or the mother of his child."

Seems like there's always a bad apple.

What a shame. This is heartbreaking.

RIP Leiah and sweet baby boy. RIP Yancy.

Prayers to the family and friends.

Sincerely,
fran
:rose:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members