Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 193

Thread: Stars of TLCs Sister Wives Under Investigation

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    561

    Stars of TLCs Sister Wives Under Investigation

    http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50...olice.html.csp

    MSM reports this evening that the Stars of TLCs Sister Wives are being formally investigated by local law enforcement. Kody Brown and his 4 wives could be charged with bigamy and fraud. It is important to note that in Utah, bigamy is not confined to legal or spiritual marriage but cohabitation as well.

    I felt a strong desire to take repeated showers after watching this show. Alone, without a husband or sister wives of any sort.

  2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,368
    I watched the show, and I live in Utah, and I totally agree. I actually hope that Kody and his wives do get charged with bigamy. Their lifestyle is illegal, wrong, and disgusting in my opinion.

  4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    34,975
    Ditto...it is disgusting to me too. I enjoy it in the fictional version of "Big Love" but do not need to see this show at all...
    Just my opinion, of course.

  6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,368
    Quote Originally Posted by cluciano63 View Post
    Ditto...it is disgusting to me too. I enjoy it in the fictional version of "Big Love" but do not need to see this show at all...
    It makes me kinda upset how they were making it sound like polygamy is so common in Utah. I'm born and raised here..and really, it's not that common lol.

  8. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    561
    He soooo reminds me of Kato Kaelin.

  10. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to craftybatchy For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybatchy View Post
    He soooo reminds me of Kato Kaelin.
    THAT'S who he reminds me of! Thank you, thank you, thank you for solving that mystery for me. I'd watch it and go, "he reminds me of someone...but who?"

  12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,352
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    THAT'S who he reminds me of! Thank you, thank you, thank you for solving that mystery for me. I'd watch it and go, "he reminds me of someone...but who?"
    Looks like the guy I went to Prom with, kinda. Spooked me out for a minute.

    I haven't seen the show but I want to, I just kept missing it. Hospital has lots of channels but sometimes not the ones we wanted.
    I'm going to swim against the current here and say it doesn't disgust me, although I would NEVER be involved in such an arrangement. But I lived on a commune for almost 2 years and there were some couples that were really 3 people, a man and 2 'wives'. Not a whole lot, but some. Hey, it was 'free love' era. It didn't bug me then and still doesn't bug me now.
    I don't know how a woman who truly loves a man can lay alone in bed at night knowing her husband is getting busy with Suzy Q, her "sister wife", three doors down. And those 13 kids, shoooo weeee, no way. Since I haven't seen the show I don't know how they support themselves. I CAN however see a man being happy with his pick of 4 women with whom to "get intimate". Probably men dream of this stuff. (sorry men, JMO)

    There are a few "religions" out there that do things I "dsapprove of" more than bigamy. I did NOT agree with the Warren Jeff's business, having very young girls, saying God picked them, and keeping wives under control with fear,threats, and the wives were not allowed to leave. THAT to me was icky.

    I guess I will have to catch the show to really form an opinion whether I think these 4 are disgusting or not. Bottom line is some women (and men) are into communal living. Doubt it would work with one woman and 3-4 men but sure would be interesting, huh?

    Rest in Peace, Robbi 1980-2012

  14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AbbieNormal For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    StL
    Posts
    5,259
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    THAT'S who he reminds me of! Thank you, thank you, thank you for solving that mystery for me. I'd watch it and go, "he reminds me of someone...but who?"
    Too funny, me too!
    ~ krimekat ~
    Live in Peace & Peace will live in you

    ++++++++++++
    Forum Information & Esoterica

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to krimekat For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    It makes me kinda upset how they were making it sound like polygamy is so common in Utah. I'm born and raised here..and really, it's not that common lol.
    That you know of......





    (Just kidding, of course!)

  18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  19. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,338
    I've watched this show, and it just blows my mind. There must be some kind of mental programming going on there, for women to be perfectly willing to share their husband in every possible sense, and act so darn happy about it, as well as being bff's with the other wives.

  20. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  21. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,138
    I saw the previews and could barely stomach that; didn't dare watch the show. How did these people think they were going to appear on television and NOT be investigated?

  22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:


  23. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,860
    I don't care. If concenting grown adults decide that's the way they want to live, it's really none of my business. It effects my life and my families well being how?

    I have more respect for them than I do the guy up the street that's been married for 20 years and kept a woman on the side for the last 19!

    As long as they are not marrying & impregnated 13, 14, 15, 16, years old girls. I feel it's really not any of my business.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice


  24. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't care. If concenting grown adults decide that's the way they want to live, it's really none of my business. It effects my life and my families well being how?

    I have more respect for them than I do the guy up the street that's been married for 20 years and kept a woman on the side for the last 19!

    As long as they are not marrying & impregnated 13, 14, 15, 16, years old girls. I feel it's really not any of my business.
    You are correct....what concenting grown adults do is their own business. It's the children that I worry about. Even if they are not marrying and impregnating young girls that is a really odd (to say the least) environment for children to grow up in.

  25. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:


  26. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,860
    Quote Originally Posted by salvarenga View Post
    You are correct....what concenting grown adults do is their own business. It's the children that I worry about. Even if they are not marrying and impregnating young girls that is a really odd (to say the least) environment for children to grow up in.
    I don't think so. If the family functions, the children are loved, nurtured and cared for by an extra mom or two, how could that possibly be a bad thing?

    It would sure beat the heck outta daycare, don't ya think? To always have at least ONE mom around would be far better than many so called normal households. You know the ones where there is an every other weekend dad, mom works 12 hours a day to make ends meet, and baby is dropped off with strangers 10 hours a day.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

  27. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Linda7NJ For This Useful Post:


  28. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't think so. If the family functions, the children are loved, nurtured and cared for by an extra mom or two, how could that possibly be a bad thing?

    It would sure beat the heck outta daycare, don't ya think? To always have at least ONE mom around would be far better than many so called normal households. You know the ones where there is an every other weekend dad, mom works 12 hours a day to make ends meet, and baby is dropped off with strangers 10 hours a day.
    So you think that it's ok for those children (some of them teenagers) to watch their dad rotate to a different woman's bed every night?

  29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to salvarenga For This Useful Post:


  30. #16
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't care. If concenting grown adults decide that's the way they want to live, it's really none of my business. It effects my life and my families well being how?

    I have more respect for them than I do the guy up the street that's been married for 20 years and kept a woman on the side for the last 19!

    As long as they are not marrying & impregnated 13, 14, 15, 16, years old girls. I feel it's really not any of my business.
    While I get your point completely, the People Magazine magazine article I read has him stating that his daughters are "open minded" to the lifestyle. This quote has been stuck in my head all week, and I am not sure why. Beyond that, he was whining about how when he wants a certain belt he has to figure out which wife has it.

    I dont think this guy is much different from your example-he cannot be legally married to these women, so he is in effect keeping three of them on the side. Also, I am curious about the fraud charges which typically stem from foodstamp and public aid income that the women are collecting to aid in this arrangement.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  31. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  32. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I don't care. If concenting grown adults decide that's the way they want to live, it's really none of my business. It effects my life and my families well being how?

    I have more respect for them than I do the guy up the street that's been married for 20 years and kept a woman on the side for the last 19!

    As long as they are not marrying & impregnated 13, 14, 15, 16, years old girls. I feel it's really not any of my business.
    Regarding the "hey,we're not hurting anyone" thing. We have laws. Can we break the law just because, "hey, I"m a consenting adult, and I'm not hurting anyone else!"

    Are you hurting the children who see you break the law and think, "hey, it's ok to break the law...Mom/Dad/Aunt Betty did it..."

    That's how we grow a class of children who have no conscience, who one day, grow up to be a class of adults who have no conscience. The kind of people you read about here, shake your head, and say, "how could they do that? What were they thinking?? Don't they have a conscience?"
    Last edited by oh_gal; 09-28-2010 at 12:18 PM.

  33. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  34. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,860
    Quote Originally Posted by oh_gal View Post
    Regarding the "hey,we're not hurting anyone" thing. We have laws. Can we break the law just because, "hey, I"m a consenting adult, and I'm not hurting anyone else!"

    Are you hurting the children who see you break the law and think, "hey, it's ok to break the law...Mom/Dad/Aunt Betty did it..."

    That's how we grow a class of children who have no conscience, who one day, grow up to be a class of adults who have no conscience. The kind of people you read about here, shake your head, and say, "how could they do that? What were they thinking?? Don't they have a conscience?"

    I suppose I am rather progressive and I am of the mindset I don't want the government telling me who I can and can't love. What I do in my own bedroom is MY BUSINESS and what my neighbor does in his, is HIS BUSINESS.

    Some states still have laws about adultery on the books and sodomy.

    With out the civil rights movement an entire race of people would still be sitting at the back of the bus. Woman wouldn't be allowed to vote and would still be having back alley abortions. Some laws need to be broken and changed and the masses educated.

    I am all about civil rights for EVERYONE. I also believe gay people should have every legal right to get married.

    Families are formed in many different ways as long as they aren't abusive, it's none of my business.

    I feel if a person doesn't agree with plural marriage, it's simple...don't enter into one. It really is just that simple.

    I blame this entire trampling of some American's basic rights on religion. It's time that the religious who are so dead set against it, get their own houses in order and realize not everyone shares their beliefs.


    Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice


  35. #19
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,310
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I suppose I am rather progressive and I am of the mindset I don't want the government telling me who I can and can't love. What I do in my own bedroom is MY BUSINESS and what my neighbor does in his, is HIS BUSINESS.

    Some states still have laws about adultery on the books and sodomy.

    With out the civil rights movement an entire race of people would still be sitting at the back of the bus. Woman wouldn't be allowed to vote and would still be having back alley abortions. Some laws need to be broken and changed and the masses educated.

    I am all about civil rights for EVERYONE. I also believe gay people should have every legal right to get married.

    Families are formed in many different ways as long as they aren't abusive, it's none of my business.

    I feel if a person doesn't agree with plural marriage, it's simple...don't enter into one. It really is just that simple.

    I blame this entire trampling of some American's basic rights on religion. It's time that the religious who are so dead set against it, get their own houses in order and realize not everyone shares their beliefs.
    Good for you. I wish I could be as open minded-but I agree that there are boundaries that have to be drawn. I dont see this relationship as being particularly progressive for the women involved. There is some subservience here-wonder if he was so progressive that any of them could leave if they so chose or bring in another man?

    This is the same reason I do not really buy the legalized prostitution position-I dont think women or men choose it from a position of strength. Pretty arrogant on my part, but I think by and large absolute power in any relationship causes someone to lose out. JMO.
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  36. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  37. #20
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,338
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    I suppose I am rather progressive and I am of the mindset I don't want the government telling me who I can and can't love. What I do in my own bedroom is MY BUSINESS and what my neighbor does in his, is HIS BUSINESS.

    Some states still have laws about adultery on the books and sodomy.

    With out the civil rights movement an entire race of people would still be sitting at the back of the bus. Woman wouldn't be allowed to vote and would still be having back alley abortions. Some laws need to be broken and changed and the masses educated.

    I am all about civil rights for EVERYONE. I also believe gay people should have every legal right to get married.

    Families are formed in many different ways as long as they aren't abusive, it's none of my business.

    I feel if a person doesn't agree with plural marriage, it's simple...don't enter into one. It really is just that simple.

    I blame this entire trampling of some American's basic rights on religion. It's time that the religious who are so dead set against it, get their own houses in order and realize not everyone shares their beliefs.
    (above bbm)
    I'm sure there are many who share your view. Some "normal" people, and some not so normal (like pedophiles, or members of the man-boy-love group).
    My post didn't concern civil rights, which, like you, I strongly support.

    As far as I know (and I could be wrong, so please, legal authorities, weigh in!) plural marriage is not a basic right.

  38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to oh_gal For This Useful Post:


  39. #21
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,251
    Maybe I'm the only one but I find the show fascinating. Yes, it's weird and a little disturbing. But fascinating. As long as they are all happy (and I do wonder if those wives are TRULY happy) and the children are happy and safe, I see nothing wrong with it. It's odd, it's different, it's not for me, but they can do what they want so long as those children are healthy, happy, and unharmed. JMO.

    I love the show. I can't wait for the next episode.

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

  40. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:


  41. #22
    Hopeful One's Avatar
    Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Nerd Town Central
    Posts
    12,251
    Oh and his hair needs to go. He's not that bad looking but the faux-mullet-Patrick Swayze thing he's got going on is all sorts of wrong.

    Justice for Travis


    Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

  42. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hopeful One For This Useful Post:


  43. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,209
    What I found interesting with the show, is that while the wives drove big SUVs to car the children around...the husband drove the tiny two seater sports car. Is it really about the family for him or more about being the cool guy with lots of women???


  44. #24
    believe09's Avatar
    believe09 is offline For nothing is secret that will not be revealed
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Oh Captain, My Captain
    Posts
    26,310
    Here is another story-I am a little disappointed in their announcement given the negative attention that will be focused on the 13 children...perhaps they are homeschooled.

    http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/28/sister...-brown-family/

    Hands up if you think the show will be canceled?
    email me


    Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99


    Bob Harrod SAR


    “The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

  45. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:


  46. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Carolina's
    Posts
    6,368
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    Here is another story-I am a little disappointed in their announcement given the negative attention that will be focused on the 13 children...perhaps they are homeschooled.

    http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/28/sister...-brown-family/

    Hands up if you think the show will be canceled?
    They aren't homeschooled. According to the first episode that I watched, the kids were all homeschooled until a few years ago and now they attend a school specifically designed for polygamist families.

    Who thinks that school will be shut down..show of hands everybody.

  47. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to KaylynnCouture For This Useful Post:


Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ex-Wives Of GHM
    By SeriouslySearching in forum Gary M Hilton
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-16-2008, 03:55 PM
  2. When you have three wives, don't get sick
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-11-2005, 05:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •