Stars of TLCs Sister Wives Under Investigation

craftybatchy

Verified Odd Duck
Reaction score
http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/50366251-76/bigamy-brown-wives-police.html.csp

MSM reports this evening that the Stars of TLCs Sister Wives are being formally investigated by local law enforcement. Kody Brown and his 4 wives could be charged with bigamy and fraud. It is important to note that in Utah, bigamy is not confined to legal or spiritual marriage but cohabitation as well.

I felt a strong desire to take repeated showers after watching this show. Alone, without a husband or sister wives of any sort.

I watched the show, and I live in Utah, and I totally agree. I actually hope that Kody and his wives do get charged with bigamy. Their lifestyle is illegal, wrong, and disgusting in my opinion.

Ditto...it is disgusting to me too. I enjoy it in the fictional version of "Big Love" but do not need to see this show at all...

Ditto...it is disgusting to me too. I enjoy it in the fictional version of "Big Love" but do not need to see this show at all...

It makes me kinda upset how they were making it sound like polygamy is so common in Utah. I'm born and raised here..and really, it's not that common lol.

It makes me kinda upset how they were making it sound like polygamy is so common in Utah. I'm born and raised here..and really, it's not that common lol.

That you know of...... :waitasec:

(Just kidding, of course!)

I've watched this show, and it just blows my mind. There must be some kind of mental programming going on there, for women to be perfectly willing to share their husband in every possible sense, and act so darn happy about it, as well as being bff's with the other wives.

He soooo reminds me of Kato Kaelin.

THAT'S who he reminds me of! Thank you, thank you, thank you for solving that mystery for me. I'd watch it and go, "he reminds me of someone...but who?"

I saw the previews and could barely stomach that; didn't dare watch the show. How did these people think they were going to appear on television and NOT be investigated?

I don't care. If concenting grown adults decide that's the way they want to live, it's really none of my business. It effects my life and my families well being how?

I have more respect for them than I do the guy up the street that's been married for 20 years and kept a woman on the side for the last 19!

As long as they are not marrying & impregnated 13, 14, 15, 16, years old girls. I feel it's really not any of my business.

Maybe I'm the only one but I find the show fascinating. Yes, it's weird and a little disturbing. But fascinating. As long as they are all happy (and I do wonder if those wives are TRULY happy) and the children are happy and safe, I see nothing wrong with it. It's odd, it's different, it's not for me, but they can do what they want so long as those children are healthy, happy, and unharmed. JMO.

I love the show. I can't wait for the next episode.

Oh and his hair needs to go. He's not that bad looking but the faux-mullet-Patrick Swayze thing he's got going on is all sorts of wrong.

I don't care. If concenting grown adults decide that's the way they want to live, it's really none of my business. It effects my life and my families well being how?

I have more respect for them than I do the guy up the street that's been married for 20 years and kept a woman on the side for the last 19!

As long as they are not marrying & impregnated 13, 14, 15, 16, years old girls. I feel it's really not any of my business.

You are correct....what concenting grown adults do is their own business. It's the children that I worry about. Even if they are not marrying and impregnating young girls that is a really odd (to say the least) environment for children to grow up in.

What I found interesting with the show, is that while the wives drove big SUVs to car the children around...the husband drove the tiny two seater sports car. Is it really about the family for him or more about being the cool guy with lots of women???

THAT'S who he reminds me of! Thank you, thank you, thank you for solving that mystery for me. I'd watch it and go, "he reminds me of someone...but who?"

Looks like the guy I went to Prom with, kinda. Spooked me out for a minute.

I haven't seen the show but I want to, I just kept missing it. Hospital has lots of channels but sometimes not the ones we wanted.
I'm going to swim against the current here and say it doesn't disgust me, although I would NEVER be involved in such an arrangement. But I lived on a commune for almost 2 years and there were some couples that were really 3 people, a man and 2 'wives'. Not a whole lot, but some. Hey, it was 'free love' era. It didn't bug me then and still doesn't bug me now.
I don't know how a woman who truly loves a man can lay alone in bed at night knowing her husband is getting busy with Suzy Q, her "sister wife", three doors down. And those 13 kids, shoooo weeee, no way. Since I haven't seen the show I don't know how they support themselves. I CAN however see a man being happy with his pick of 4 women with whom to "get intimate". Probably men dream of this stuff. (sorry men, JMO)

There are a few "religions" out there that do things I "dsapprove of" more than bigamy. I did NOT agree with the Warren Jeff's business, having very young girls, saying God picked them, and keeping wives under control with fear,threats, and the wives were not allowed to leave. THAT to me was icky.

I guess I will have to catch the show to really form an opinion whether I think these 4 are disgusting or not. Bottom line is some women (and men) are into communal living. Doubt it would work with one woman and 3-4 men but sure would be interesting, huh?

If you watch the body language and facial expressions of the wives, they are anything BUT happy. I would love hear what S.O. over at Statement Analysis has to say about this one.

I think that the second and third wives are content with their circumstances. The first wife, Meri, her pain is palpable and my heart aches for her. Number three is scared of toasters (go figure) and feels they are more lethal than sharks :waitasec:.

Kody is a few bricks short, imo. If the family is truly as functional and cohesive as they claim, why rock the boat that holds 13 children, kwim ?

While I get your point completely, the People Magazine magazine article I read has him stating that his daughters are "open minded" to the lifestyle. This quote has been stuck in my head all week, and I am not sure why. Beyond that, he was whining about how when he wants a certain belt he has to figure out which wife has it.

I dont think this guy is much different from your example-he cannot be legally married to these women, so he is in effect keeping three of them on the side. Also, I am curious about the fraud charges which typically stem from foodstamp and public aid income that the women are collecting to aid in this arrangement.

Regarding the "hey,we're not hurting anyone" thing. We have laws. Can we break the law just because, "hey, I"m a consenting adult, and I'm not hurting anyone else!"

Are you hurting the children who see you break the law and think, "hey, it's ok to break the law...Mom/Dad/Aunt Betty did it..."

That's how we grow a class of children who have no conscience, who one day, grow up to be a class of adults who have no conscience. The kind of people you read about here, shake your head, and say, "how could they do that? What were they thinking?? Don't they have a conscience?"

Here is another story-I am a little disappointed in their announcement given the negative attention that will be focused on the 13 children...perhaps they are homeschooled.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/28/siste...-tlc-utah-statement-mormon-kody-brown-family/

Hands up if you think the show will be canceled?

They aren't homeschooled. According to the first episode that I watched, the kids were all homeschooled until a few years ago and now they attend a school specifically designed for polygamist families.

Who thinks that school will be shut down..show of hands everybody.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snugglebear
Back