880 users online (162 members and 718 guests)  

Websleuths News

essies is offline "We're all just walking each other home." Ram Dass

S. Calif. heat wave leaves thousands without power

S. Calif. heat wave leaves thousands without power
    LOS ANGELES Southern California's heat wave has left tens of thousands of people without electricity.

Southern California Edison says more than 27,000 of its customers were without power Tuesday morning, mainly in Orange and Los Angeles counties. Most have been blacked out for eight to 16 hours as temps hit 113 degrees in some parts.

Los Angeles Department of Water and Power reports another 15,000 customers are without power in Los Angeles.

That figure, recorded just after noon Monday, was the hottest registered in the city since record-keeping began in 1877. The previous high of 112 was set on June 26, 1990.

Sending prayers for all effected by the heat and blackout. Take care and be safe!!

"It's time to tell the story of a little girl named Caylee" Linda Drane Burdick
    The future has many names: for the fearful it's the unknown, for the reckless it's the adventure, for the pessimists it's the unattainable. For the brave, it is opportunity.

Dana Point,CA
    when it is this hot in Dana Point, it is hot everywhere.
    This was yesterday:

where no man has boldy gone
    It's a cool 74 degrees in Georgia with a nice breeze, I have my windows open and it feels so good. Sorry all of you out there sweating with no power. Just remember the cool weather is right around the corner. Before you know it there will be complaints about how cold it is.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

SF Bay Area, CA

I empathize. Today it's supposedly 102 here in Northern CA. A couple of summers ago we had the power go out when it was 111 degrees. Can't stay in the pool all day with no shade, so we hightailed it in the air-conditioned car to a Gold Mine! Nice and cool underground. Maybe you can find an air-conditioned movie theater or hang out at the Mall???
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

Edinburgh, Scotland
    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    when it is this hot in Dana Point, it is hot everywhere.
    This was yesterday:

Oh jeez - that really makes me glad that we are sliding down towards winter here in Scotland. Tis still quite mild here though (no frosts yet!).

I visited California for the first time earlier this month. I was amazed at how much cooler it was in the oceanside towns (Marina del Rey, Santa Monica, Malibu) It was at least 10 degrees hotter in Hollywood than in Malibu.

The highest temp we had was 80 degrees when we took several Hollywood tours. When we attended a Triathlon at Malibu's Zuma beach, it was decidedly cool in the early morning hours of the racing activities, then warmed up to a pleasant mid-70's later in the day.

JBean, I want to come back again - which months are to be avoided? When do those rains come?