Counter-terrorism event going on in GA now

Openmyeyes

On the road to Utopia
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Am sitting here reading with tv news on in background. There is a counter-terrorism event going on in Georgia right now. According to WSB news: homeland security, ICE, fbi, and many other agencies are involved in this.
They are making all trucks driving on I-20, exit on Thorton Rd in Douglas county GA and are being inspected.

The news has shown scanners, officers, K-9 officers, and all kinds of interesting equipment and vehicles participating.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/25198651/detail.html

Interesting note: Thorton road turns into a road called Camp Creek which goes directly to the airport.

It has also been said that this is not being done because of a specific threat, but I've never seen this done anywhere, ever or have I ever heard of it.

Thanks, Openmyeyes. I'm in NW Georgia and I've never seen it done here either. I would truly love to know what's really up with this. You can bet they are up to something. It kinda sounds like they are looking for big rigs bringing in illegals since ICE is involved. Does ICE deal with anything besides illegal aliens? I know we have a huge new office complex just for ICE and we never hear of anything they're doing. I'm thinking it was built mainly for show.

This is not the first time they have done this. I live off of I-20 where the truck weight station is and I have probably seen this happen a couple of times in the last few years. I-20 is one of the busiest truck routes. Traffic usually runs pretty smoothly on I-20 until they have one of these, I have seen them stop both cars and trucks at times, it makes me feel better to know the trucks are being checked out. I wonder if they are doing the same thing in other towns?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back