South African TV actress hacked toddler son to death

The woman is said to have believed that her young son was "possessed by the devil" when she hacked him to death with an axe and gouged out his eyes with a screwdriver.

'His brain was scattered all over the floor and his eyes were gouged out'
The horror continued when she then allegedly placed a hot iron on the eyeballs.

The tragic events took place on Sunday morning, after which the woman was said to have remained in the house with the body.

Hours later, relatives and friends found her sitting and singing in her bedroom while her son lay in a pool of blood.

The crime was discovered when a friend, who lives in the house, went to the actress' bedroom and came across the gruesome scene. She said she saw the child lying on the floor with a Bible placed on his head.

The friend then ran to tell the woman's brother, who lives in a room outside the main house.

Still wearing the gloves he put on to clean up his nephew's blood, the woman's brother stood motionless next to the gate as neighbours and relatives streamed to the house to offer their sympathy.

He told how he ran into his sister's bedroom and was shocked to find her singing while her son was lying in a pool of blood.

"His (the baby's) brain was scattered all over the floor and his eyes were gouged out. She had put a hot iron over the tiny eyes," he said.

Crack Cocaine anyone? That's what this sounds like to me.

What an evil BIT*H! And her poor baby was sick with HIV.

Sometimes, like right now, I just sit here and the tears roll down my face. I don't get it, I just don't understand... maybe I need a break from WS. I'm a very outgoing and happy person with a great family, but I'm starting to feel a darkness that seems to hang over me all the time. The sensless cruelty and horrific pain so many innocent children and women suffer is beyond conceivable. Between Sharon Rocha's call to Scott today and now this I just feel so helpless. How can we stop this madness?? Little Abby Blagg was never found in the landfill her own father put her in. Westerfield has his three square meals a day, exercise and evrything else he has a 'right' to receive while the beautiful life of Danielle is done, gone forever. Don't want to even think about JonBenet.....

Can anything be done? Isn't this enough already?

Sorry for going on,
Jubie

Jubie, I'm moved by your compassion.

The cruelty of life and the unfairness to the innocent in the world does get to me also.........

Jubie-
No need to apologize.
I was a member here before with a different "hat" and got so obssessed and carried away with reading here, that I ended my membership and stayed away for a while. I had recently lost a child to a miscarriage and needed to find joy again in my life. I am back but try not to get too entrenched like I did before. Anyway, I completely understand how you feel.
Karen

jubie said:
Sometimes, like right now, I just sit here and the tears roll down my face. I don't get it, I just don't understand... maybe I need a break from WS. I'm a very outgoing and happy person with a great family, but I'm starting to feel a darkness that seems to hang over me all the time. The sensless cruelty and horrific pain so many innocent children and women suffer is beyond conceivable. Between Sharon Rocha's call to Scott today and now this I just feel so helpless. How can we stop this madness?? Little Abby Blagg was never found in the landfill her own father put her in. Westerfield has his three square meals a day, exercise and evrything else he has a 'right' to receive while the beautiful life of Danielle is done, gone forever. Don't want to even think about JonBenet.....

Can anything be done? Isn't this enough already?

Sorry for going on,
Jubie

JUBIE: from the beginning of time, evil has gone on in the world. Maybe taking a break from WS or news can help. We are unable to HELP what has happened but we can change it day by day. One by one.

I have times where I feel like the pain caused in this world is unimaginable; we all get that way. There are days I KNOW I could run someone through the wood chipper if they were standing in front of me; especially those who hurt children.

The very SAD thing about the internet is that we hear SO MUCH. Think about it. 80 years ago, we heard the "news" from 5 miles away. That was our circle of life. Tradegy; when it occured was "unheard of" because it wasn't heard about at all.

Sometimes the internet does overwhelm us. I wish I had answers for you, I don't. Just hug your kids, love them each day. Be thankful EVEN when they're scrapping with eachother. ... and SMILE to the stranger on the street.

Karen, Blueclouds and Mysterymomma,

Thanks for your kind words, sometimes it's just too much. Karen, I'm so sorry that happened to you and I appreciate your advice. Blueclouds, I guess you're right about how the internet brings tragedy from around the world close to us and I should keep that in mind. I just wish there was 'really' something more that could be done.

Hugs,
Jubie

Jubie, I know how you feel. The only thing that helps me is the knowledge that our life here on earth is very short. I believe that these people will need to answer to a higher power one day in the not too distant future. I believe that what awaits them for eternity is far worse than anything they could have dished out.

What a horrible, horrible story. It had to be drugs, crack, meth, something.

Jeana, you said it so well. Jubie, I have had that feeling of darkness also. I do think it is partly how much time we spend reading about these unbelievable crimes; they are so heartbreaking, and we hear about more and more of them.
But we all have good things in our lives, things to be thankful for, people we love and who love us. We need to focus more on those things, not what we read here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back