1057 users online (216 members and 841 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...614/story.html

Ravi and another student, Molly W. Wei of Princeton, have been charged with two counts each of invasion of privacy, the Middlesex County prosecutor and Rutgers police said Wednesday. Ravi faces two additional counts for attempting to view and transmit the second encounter, authorities said.
    JMO

They really are doing a cake walk on this. I think more charges should be filed. Even set some new ones for this type of case. If he gets 5 years, he will be out in what, 18 months. I don't find this fair at all.

Goz

Snip:
    Although he was quiet most of the time, he was truly a great individual," Hoffer wrote in an e-mail. "Always kind and caring with an incredible talent as a musician. He was extremely dedicated to his music and you could always find him in the orchestra room."
    Snip

Read more: http://www.vancouversun.com/entertai...#ixzz1115nY7rv

They need to make new laws about inciting someone to suicide. Whether by deed or by encouragement there needs to be a serious consequence for these behaviors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    They really are doing a cake walk on this. I think more charges should be filed. Even set some new ones for this type of case. If he gets 5 years, he will be out in what, 18 months. I don't find this fair at all.
    I think those are just the first charges, its typical to charge the person with what you have firm evidence for and add other charges later. It will take a bit of time to look through his computer and get access to his accounts as well as a subpoena for whatever the site that he was streaming from to see what other things they can charge him with.

I just had the most horrible thought - can you imagine seeing your childs face book status update saying "Going to jump off the gw bridge sorry" and theres nothing you can do about it?

WOW!!!!
    http://www.autostraddle.com/teenage-suicide-1235/

This site says that he posted about his spying roomate on a gay community message board.

On the morning of Tyler’s eventual suicide, cit2mo made his last posting, indicating that he had spoken to his RA. Earlier that night he said he’d had the boy over again and that he’d had a good time, but was afraid that if he didn’t get to switch rooms, that it would be total hell to live with this guy and he’d be even more humiliated.

They said the site has been closed at the moment as they are checking to match his IP address with the post but are fairly certain it is him.

How tragic...seems the authorities should charge him with a bias crime of hate.!

When did this nation have such a moral degradation take place?

Why is it now commonplace to ridicule someone for their gender, race or religion?

Why is it anyone's business what someone does in the privacy of their own bedrooms.. JMHO

My heartfelt condolences to the parents of this young man who has now lost their child due to ridicule...and to his friends who have now lost a good friend...JMHO

What a shame. Trying to fit it under "Stalking" too. Just doesn't do it and I don't really think it is a "Hate Crime" either.

I don't know what other charges are pending, like you stated but I know they won't get their full due for doing something so henious.
    Somehow, I wonder if letter writing by us all would serve any purpose in getting them a higher sentence. This story just plain hurts on every level. I really feel for this kid. If this would have taken place when I was in college, I would never have left my room!! I would have felt so ashamed and abused by it all.

Just imagine everyone knowing your business, sexual or otherwise? How horrid for a young person away from home for the first time. His parents must be failing apart. My heart goes out to them. What a complete invasion of privacy. People have taken the internet and taping too far.

Example: I had personal site hacked on the computer I had with my best friend and we use to write everything on it. I felt horrible that people were reading all my personal business, looking at photos, and just knew everything about us on a private level. I was not his age and I was not in school but it still was devastating to have this happen.

Goz

Quote Originally Posted by LiveLaughLuv View Post
    How tragic...seems the authorities should charge him with a bias crime of hate.!

When did this nation have such a moral degradation take place?

Why is it now commonplace to ridicule someone for their gender, race or religion?

Why is it anyone's business what someone does in the privacy of their own bedrooms.. JMHO

My heartfelt condolences to the parents of this young man who has now lost their child due to ridicule...and to his friends who have now lost a good friend...JMHO
    "Steven Goldstein, chairman of the gay rights group Garden State Equality, said in a statement Wednesday that his group considers Clementi’s death a hate crime. We are heartbroken over the tragic loss of a young man who, by all accounts, was brilliant, talented and kind," the group's chairman, Steven Goldstein, said in a statement. And we are sickened that anyone in our society, such as the students allegedly responsible for making the surreptitious video, might consider destroying others' lives as a sport."

That sums up how I feel perfectly.

Thankfully a lot of groups seem to be standing up for him and hopefully the charges for Ravi will be serious enough that he has plenty of time to reflect on his life and how he turned out to be a maggot.

Im really having a hard time believing he wasnt a target because he was gay - they werent in school but a week or two before he started recording him so it doesnt seem there would be a lot of time to build malice otherwise. Either way hes a *******.

My heart breaks for his family too, they sent their healthy and happy child to college only to have him tormented into killing himself a couple weeks later.

I am still really struggling with this story. My heart truly aches for the vicious crime that ended this wonderful young man's life. I can't seem to get it off of my mind. When I first saw the headline my heart just sank as I knew what was coming. I can't understand why people do such cruel things. I just can't and I don't want to. What a senseless waste of a beautiful life.

Hate Crime

I agree Punklove. I am just not sure if they are going to charge them with a hate crime, that is all. I am sure the problem was he was gay. These fools seem the type, (aside from this case) that would get their jollies taping anyone. I bet LE will find more tapes of other students.

What is a Hate Crime

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_02/html/...tecrime12.html

Snip

Definition
    A hate crime, also known as a bias crime, is a criminal offense committed against a person, property, or society which is motivated, in whole or in part, by the offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin.

Goz

This story just plain hurts on every level. I really feel for this kid. If this would have taken place when I was in college, I would never have left my room!! I would have felt so ashamed and abused by it all.
    Yeah, really! I couldnt even start to think what Id do - You know he was already overwhelmed with only being a couple weeks into his freshman year at college and we know that living with Ravi couldnt have been fun since hes the type of person that apparently thinks its funny to humilate someone else. He couldnt even stay in his dorm, since doing so would make him even more of a target because Ravi lived there.

Just imagine everyone knowing your business, sexual or otherwise? How horrid for a young person away from home for the first time. His parents must be failing apart. My heart goes out to them. What a complete invasion of privacy. People have taken the internet and taping too far.

Example: I had personal site hacked on the computer I had with my best friend and we use to write everything on it. I felt horrible that people were reading all my personal business, looking at photos, and just knew everything about us on a private level. I was not his age and I was not in school but it still was devastating to have this happen.
    Goz
    I cant even begin to think how painful that must be, like you said even the most innocent invasions of privacy can be unbearable so what it must feel like to know that people were watching it, even worse knowing that all the students in a new school could see it as well.

I agree Punklove. I am just not sure if they are going to charge them with a hate crime, that is all. I am sure the problem was he was gay. These fools seem the type, (aside from this case) that would get their jollies taping anyone. I bet LE will find more tapes of other students.
    Tyler wrote - "People have commented on his profile with things like 'how did you manage to go back in there? are you okay?' and the fact that people he was with saw my making out with a guy as the scandal"

Im really interested in the replies to the comments like the 'how did you manage to go back in there' were - because it implies that going into a room where two gay people were would be digusting.

Speaking of digusting..

I was just looking at a site to get an update and would you believe they have a photo posted of Tyler in his UNDERWEAR? For gods sake the boy killed himself because he was embarrased about a video that people could see so they decide to post a picture of him in his undwear?????? Its very obvious it is a personal photo thats not meant to be seen.

http://www.************/tyler-clement...orry-20100930/

I don't know how the guy who recorded this can live with himself. I'm sure he thought (in his immature little pea-brain) that this would be funny...good for a few laughs. He probably never thought that this poor kid would commit suicide....because kids rarely think about the consequences of their actions. And now the news reports say he is "confused...." About what? How his actions could have caused the death of another human being? When I heard this story on the news, I couldn't help thinking that kids who would do such an immature thing (spying on/recording another human being to poke fun at them) really don't have the maturity to be living away from home on a college campus.

So he continues to have his privacy invaded even in death. What bonehead put this picture up? How could they post that picture? Enough already. Let the man have some peace.

Quote Originally Posted by "Gozgals"I agree Punklove. I am just not sure if they are going to charge them with a hate crime, that is all. I am sure the problem was he was gay. These fools seem the type, (aside from this case) that would get their jollies taping anyone. I bet LE will find more tapes of other students.

What is a Hate Crime

[url
    http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/cius_02/html/web/offreported/02-nhatecrime12.html[/url]

Snip

Definition
    A hate crime, also known as a bias crime, is a criminal offense committed against a person, property, or society which is motivated, in whole or in part, by the offender's bias against a race, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or ethnicity/national origin.

Goz

Seems to me, hate crime fits perfectly...thanks Goz for the definition...I do hope the authorities go for this charge and make an example out of them...JMHO

Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast