Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Haylee View Post
    Hey everyone, I'm new to this whole thing- but have been following your posts for the last month or so. As someone who is local to the area, I want nothing more than for this case to be solved quickly, so that closure can come to the family and the area resident's can feel safe again.
    Some thoughts I've had, and these are just my opinions, I can't get the fact of the whole Baywinds incidents out of my head, as a lot of it makes so much sense. Someone could easily have walked from any downtown establishment after imbibing a few to her house, maybe wasn't intending on the eventual outcome, had to try and delay the LE for some time by dumping her body, and then needing to get rid of the car. If the person resided on the south side, there are plenty of areas behind the businesses to drop the car. But not being so bright, and thinking of his/ her self, decided to drop the car on the north side of the street- walking through the dark backsteets to the Baywinds or another residence nearby. I believe the person responsible had run into Sonia at some point, wasn't happy with her response, and resides nearby where the car was dropped. the boots weren't planned, just whatever they were wearing at the time. As for the location of where Sonia was found, there are a few different ways they could have gotten there. Down Wiloughby ( sp?) to Beechgrove and accross until it was obscure enough, an a couple of other ways people have mentioned already. I'm sure LE have looked into all these paths of travel. I'm just thinking of dumping evidence along the way- weapon etc. Going across HWY 9 to Mountainview would be too risky going thru town and all. Sideroads are dark.
    I had to get that out. Again, these are jmo's. Not hearing anything for a few weeks has been frustrating. I want this person caught asap, pay dearly for the horrible crime they comitted, so that the rest of us locals can get on with our lives and feel safe.
    Thx for letting me vent.
    Welcome Haylee. Thanks for your thoughts on this case. I tend to agree with you that it seems as though the perpetrator might have accomplished most of this crime on foot, with the exception of moving her body in her own vehicle. There also seems to be a lot of low rise apartment buildings very close to where the car was left. Perhaps a single person living alone in one of these units? I'm sure, as a local, you are anxious for a resolution to this case so that you may feel safe again and I hope that comes about soon.

MOO

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Thx everyone for your 'Welcomes'.
    I have a feeling that LE have a very good idea of who the perp was - and they're just trying to ensure al their T's are crossed, and their i's dotted. Between the 3 crime scenes, they must have quite a lot of evidence, and it's a only a matter of time. This perp wasn't perfect...
    Until then, we'll just band together, stay safe, and keep our ears and eyes open.

4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Haylee For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Haylee View Post
    Thx everyone for your 'Welcomes'.
    I have a feeling that LE have a very good idea of who the perp was - and they're just trying to ensure al their T's are crossed, and their i's dotted. Between the 3 crime scenes, they must have quite a lot of evidence, and it's a only a matter of time. This perp wasn't perfect...
    Until then, we'll just band together, stay safe, and keep our ears and eyes open.
    I agree with you, I feel very strongly they know who they are looking for just want to make sure its air tight. I hope its soon though would be nice for the family to finally get some closure

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ssjen For This Useful Post:

My thoughts are with Sonia and her family today as they prepare to say goodbye.

R.I.P. Sonia

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

My condolences to those who knew and loved Sonia on this day of her funeral. She was an angel to sick and dying children and it takes a very strong, caring and special person to do a job like that. RIP Sonia.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to matou For This Useful Post:

I have noticed a pattern in certain police investigations. Often an arrest will be made within days after a funeral.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katecav For This Useful Post:

Wonderful article from the posted link above. May her family find peace today

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to myzzy For This Useful Post:

http://www.lohud.com/article/2010100...-after-manhunt
    This case from New York today, reminds me of this case.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:

As a child, Sonia took dancing lessons. She was good, never one to turn down a spin around the floor.

When the family cremated her body last month, she was wearing her dancing shoes
    http://www.thestar.com/news/ontario/article/871937

RIP Sonia

20. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

"We’re doing everything we can do to apprehend this individual,” Orangeville police Chief Joseph Tomei said outside the church. “We’re still waiting for our forensics to come in and everything is being examined.”

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Canada/2.../15616956.html

22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

It concerns me that the police said, "the investigation isn’t going to turn into a cold case anytime soon." Which means it could? I wonder if they really have a clue as to who did this?

If the person is not from around there or just visiting or passing through, they may never find the perp. I hope this doesn't happen.

There is a cold case in Oakville, Ontario from over 25 years ago when a 25 year old woman was said to have been dropped off in her driveway by her fiance and was found dead in Milton shortly after. The boyfriend was "cleared" as people saw a woman fitting her description arguing with a man a block or so away from her home and then being pushed into a car and it drove quickly away with the lights off. Her name was Delia. Police think people in the community know something but are keeping their mouths shut.

Anyone familiar with this case. Here is a link:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=689.0

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Flowercb For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flowercb View Post
    It concerns me that the police said, "the investigation isn’t going to turn into a cold case anytime soon." Which means it could? I wonder if they really have a clue as to who did this?

If the person is not from around there or just visiting or passing through, they may never find the perp. I hope this doesn't happen.

There is a cold case in Oakville, Ontario from over 25 years ago when a 25 year old woman was said to have been dropped off in her driveway by her fiance and was found dead in Milton shortly after. The boyfriend was "cleared" as people saw a woman fitting her description arguing with a man a block or so away from her home and then being pushed into a car and it drove quickly away with the lights off. Her name was Delia. Police think people in the community know something but are keeping their mouths shut.

Anyone familiar with this case. Here is a link:

http://www.unsolvedcanada.ca/index.php?topic=689.0
    Bootprints in blood at the scene of a murder: seems like cold-blooded killers are being careless these days.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
    Bootprints in blood at the scene of a murder: seems like cold-blooded killers are being careless these days.
    Let's hope Sonia's killer is still traipsing about in the boots, as disgraced Col. Russell Williams did. He wore the same boots he killed Marie France Comeau with (and left 1/2 a bloody foot print), into the Police Station, when they called him in for questioning, 4 months later.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wondergirl For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flowercb View Post

Respectfully snipped.

Well I hope LE is taking a long hard look at every neighbour within a small radius and anyone who may have been visiting or has since moved. I just find it hard to believe that a stranger just passing through would even find her home. That townhouse complex looks pretty hidden from the google maps. Just the location seems to indicate that it was someone who knew at least that there was a single woman living alone there. Not to mention, one who worked a lot of nights. If her car was in the garage, how would someone have known if she was home or not?

MOO

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 90 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast