Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1338
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    11,150
    I don't know if this has previously been considered but, what if the perp hid in Sonia's car
    while she visited her parents,or tailed her car as she drove home ?


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post:


  3. #47
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    I don't know if this has previously been considered but, what if the perp hid in Sonia's car
    while she visited her parents,or tailed her car as she drove home ?
    I'm betting that Sonia's murderer knew where she lived.


  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:


  5. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
    I'm betting that Sonia's murderer knew where she lived.
    You and me both. It's just too much "coincidence" to have a murderer just come upon her open door.


  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Goldengoldilocks For This Useful Post:


  7. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldengoldilocks View Post
    You and me both. It's just too much "coincidence" to have a murderer just come upon her open door.
    Quite a while ago there was the "hermit killer" in the same area who would wander around and check for unlocked doors. He killed a Caledon couple and dumped their car also. I can't remember if the bodies were in the car or elsewhere. He was eventually caught but since this was a long time ago is it possible he has been paroled? It is not unusual for 'bad guys' to search for unlocked doors. A lot of people in small towns don't lock their doors so why break in if you can walk in?

    If Sonia's back door was the first unlocked door he found, she personally may not have been the target. If the sounds of the intruder woke her it would explain why he murdered her and was sloppy about it. I don't think we should assume that her house or her murder were planned. JMO


  8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Don Quixote For This Useful Post:


  9. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Quixote View Post
    Quite a while ago there was the "hermit killer" in the same area who would wander around and check for unlocked doors. He killed a Caledon couple and dumped their car also. I can't remember if the bodies were in the car or elsewhere. He was eventually caught but since this was a long time ago is it possible he has been paroled? It is not unusual for 'bad guys' to search for unlocked doors. A lot of people in small towns don't lock their doors so why break in if you can walk in?

    If Sonia's back door was the first unlocked door he found, she personally may not have been the target. If the sounds of the intruder woke her it would explain why he murdered her and was sloppy about it. I don't think we should assume that her house or her murder were planned. JMO
    He's still in jail, as far as I know.

    http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2006-0...lumns/031.html

    http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6939

    Not saying that Sonia's murderer planned the attack, but it is possible someone went to her home to talk, then got into an argument and things got out of hand. The excessive violence and carelessness seems to indicate an unplanned attack by someone who knew her, but I'm not in LE (so what do I know?).
    Last edited by Summersolstice; 10-13-2010 at 11:07 AM.


  10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:


  11. #51
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by dotr View Post
    I don't know if this has previously been considered but, what if the perp hid in Sonia's car
    while she visited her parents,or tailed her car as she drove home ?
    Sonia's father washed her car when she was visiting them on that Sunday so I don't think anyone could have been hiding in it. But just the fact that the car was washed that day must help LE with determining where it went after she left their home. Any dirt and debris on the vehicle would have been from her drive home and the perpetrator's drive to dispose of her body.


  12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:


  13. #52
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldengoldilocks View Post
    You and me both. It's just too much "coincidence" to have a murderer just come upon her open door.
    I wonder if that ravine behind her home is used by local kids and teenagers as a cut through or a place to play or just hang out. A neighbour mentioned about Sonia going out to give candy to the local children. Did they just play on the street or did they go behind the complex to the ravine area?


  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:


  15. #53
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
    He's still in jail, as far as I know.

    http://www.citizen.on.ca/news/2006-0...lumns/031.html

    http://www.evtv1.com/player.aspx?itemnum=6939

    Not saying that Sonia's murderer planned the attack, but it is possible someone went to her home to talk, then got into an argument and things got out of hand. The excessive violence and carelessness seems to indicate an unplanned attack by someone who knew her, but I'm not in LE (so what do I know?).
    Wow...good to know he's still locked up.

    I'm not sure about Sonia inviting someone into her home to "talk" and that they were still there at 3am, especially since she had to work in the morning. I can only imagine that scenario with the boyfriend, who has been cleared by LE it appears.

    MOO


  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:


  17. #54
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    1,599
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamille View Post
    Wow...good to know he's still locked up.

    I'm not sure about Sonia inviting someone into her home to "talk" and that they were still there at 3am, especially since she had to work in the morning. I can only imagine that scenario with the boyfriend, who has been cleared by LE it appears.

    MOO
    I think there are other possibilities that could explain this person in her home at that hour.


  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Summersolstice For This Useful Post:


  19. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6

    Unhappy

    I agree with Summersolstice.
    I'm just getting worried with the lack of info. coming forward, and it being a small town, that this could turn cold soon. For the sake of the family and friends, and locals alike, I hope it does not.
    We need people to come forward with any info. they may have have- whether it's relevant or not.


  20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Haylee For This Useful Post:


  21. #56
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    10,161
    Quote Originally Posted by Summersolstice View Post
    I think there are other possibilities that could explain this person in her home at that hour.
    Would love to hear those ideas. Can you elaborate on them?


  22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kamille For This Useful Post:


  23. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    34
    Sonia's funeral was a week ago yesterday and still nothing!

    People are getting more frustrated by the minute.


  24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to katecav For This Useful Post:


  25. #58
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    10,696
    I couldn't help but notice the coincidence of Sonia's bf name being Ian R and the CEO of Greenh..k being an Ian R (although surnames slightly different). It seems they ARE two different people, but in following the two different names/numbers, it appears the CEO IR has his Beemer for sale.

    Anyone know how to check a date of an autotrader ad?


  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  27. #59
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    10,696
    Quote Originally Posted by sillybilly View Post
    I couldn't help but notice the coincidence of Sonia's bf name being Ian R and the CEO of Greenh..k being an Ian R (although surnames slightly different). It seems they ARE two different people, but in following the two different names/numbers, it appears the CEO IR has his Beemer for sale.

    Anyone know how to check a date of an autotrader ad?
    Sorry for quoting myself, but too late to edit.

    It is a current ad, but don't know when it was initially listed.


  28. The Following User Says Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


  29. #60
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    State of Confusion, Canada
    Posts
    10,696
    I usually don't jump the gun, and hope i didn't in this case.

    I didn't know that Greenh..k is a chain with various locations, so it could be that the CEO IR who spoke for Greenh..k does not live or work in Orangeville. If that is true, then he would probably not be the same IR with the car for sale.

    Maybe one of our Orangeville members could clarify this for me/us. If I'm wrong, i'll ask the mods to delete my posts in that regard.


  30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sillybilly For This Useful Post:


Page 4 of 90 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. CANADA Canada - Sonia Varaschin, 42, Orangeville, 29 Aug 2010 - #3
    By No_Stone_Unturned in forum Cold Cases
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: Today, 02:18 AM
  2. Canada, Ontario-2 missing Orangeville women found dead
    By Patience in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 10:43 AM
  3. Replies: 661
    Last Post: 09-29-2010, 10:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •