Possible match Tamara Dawn Porrin, 15 - Missing Since: 22 Nov 1986 from DuBois PA

Kymistry35

It's never to late to be who you could have been
Reaction score
Website
bringushome.19.forumer.com
Tamara Dawn Porrin
Missing since November 22, 1986 from DuBois, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: November 13, 1971
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 60"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. brown hair; brown eyes.
  • AKA: Tammy
Circumstances of Disappearance
Tamara Porrin was last seen in DuBois, Pennsylvania on November 22, 1986.

Does anyone know if her DNA is in CODIS?

NamUs says under the status of her DNA that a sample is available, but, not yet submitted. I am not sure that is the most up to date information though.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/7919/0/

Tamara Dawn Porrin
Missing since November 22, 1986 from DuBois, Clearfield County, Pennsylvania
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
  • Date Of Birth: November 13, 1971
  • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
  • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 60"; 130 lbs.
  • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. brown hair; brown eyes.
  • AKA: Tammy
Circumstances of Disappearance
Tamara Porrin was last seen in DuBois, Pennsylvania on November 22, 1986.

Does anyone know if her DNA is in CODIS?

Attachments

• porrin_tammy_dawn_1986_PA.jpg
    porrin_tammy_dawn_1986_PA.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 67
  • porrin_tammy_dawn_2_1986_PA.jpg
    porrin_tammy_dawn_2_1986_PA.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 66
  • porrin_tammy_dawn_3_1986_PA.jpg
    porrin_tammy_dawn_3_1986_PA.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 76
  • porrin_tammy_dawn_4_1986_PA.jpg
    porrin_tammy_dawn_4_1986_PA.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 64
GOD Bless you! I am Tammy's sister and will gladly share all info I can and help in any way!

I have submitted my DNA and I believe the police went to my parents and brothers to see if they would submit theirs as well.

She disappeared in Nov. 1986 under suspicious circumstances. To the best of my knowledge she was not reported missing until 1994 when I went to the police.

Little was done with her case until Officer Lockwood came across it this year. He has been actively and aggressively working it ever since!

Please let me know how I can help; not just with Tammy's case but others too.
Thank you for starting this thread.

Welcome to Websleuths purrtle! I am sorry that you have been so long with no answers. I pray that you are able to bring her home soon. I look forward to your post.

GOD Bless you! I am Tammy's sister and will gladly share all info I can and help in any way!

I have submitted my DNA and I believe the police went to my parents and brothers to see if they would submit theirs as well.

She disappeared in Nov. 1986 under suspicious circumstances. To the best of my knowledge she was not reported missing until 1994 when I went to the police.

Little was done with her case until Officer Lockwood came across it this year. He has been actively and aggressively working it ever since!

Please let me know how I can help; not just with Tammy's case but others too.
Thank you for starting this thread.

Have the police kept you up to date on her case? Do you know if her DNA sample has been entered into CODIS yet? I know it may be difficult to answer our questions but I appreciate you helping us.

No they won't tell me anything other than they are working on it. I submitted my DNA several weeks ago. Please feel free to ask any questions needed and I will answer to the best of my ability. The police aren't releasing much. There has yet to be a press release or anything in her case. She has been missing since 1986! I am getting frustrated!!

Did they originally believe she was a runaway and that was why it was not reported in 1986?

Is there any info we can sleuth other than just her statistics?

I used to pass through DuBois a lot when my son was in college.

There may be no greater possible match than Tamara “Tammy” Porrin.

Porrin went missing from central Pennsylvania in 1986, and the photos of her on a national missing-persons database bear a remarkable similarity to Jane Doe. Both have the same short, curly hair, circular tip of the nose, and round, soft jaws and chin.

Porrin’s brother, Ernest Porrin Jr., agreed the renderings of Jane Doe look very much like his long-lost sister.

“I can see a huge likeness of what Tammy would have looked like,” Ernest wrote in an email. “But I personally believe she was killed back in 1986.”

Still, Ernest and his sister told The Daily Beast they are more than willing to submit DNA to eliminate Tammy from the pool of possible matches for Jane Doe.

Jane Doe.png

Jane Doe 2.png

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/15/the-head-with-no-body-and-no-answers.html

No they won't tell me anything other than they are working on it. I submitted my DNA several weeks ago. Please feel free to ask any questions needed and I will answer to the best of my ability. The police aren't releasing much. There has yet to be a press release or anything in her case. She has been missing since 1986! I am getting frustrated!!

How did she go missing in 86 when she was only 15 years old and under suspicious circumstances and not get reported until 8 years later? I'm not trying to pry open family issues, if that was the cause, but A LOT could have happened in those 8 years. And then for it to be pushed aside until recently, thats just horrible! I cannot imagine what this has been like for you. I hope you get some kind of news soon, it's well overdue.

Bumping for Tamara, today is her birthday. The 33rd anniversary of her disappearance passed recently.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back