CA CA - Kimberly Kahler, 15, Venice, 1 Jan 1980

Richard

Reaction score
Kimberly Ann Kahler, 15, Missing since January 1, 1980 from Venice, CA

Kimberly Ann Kahler
Missing since January 1, 1980 from Venice, Los Angeles County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: January 17, 1964
Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 145 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown/auburn hair; blue eyes.
Marks, Scars: Kahler has a small-sized scar on the left side of one of her lips. She has facial freckles.
Dentals: Not available
DNA: in CODIS
AKA: Kim

Circumstances of Disappearance

Kahler was last seen in Venice, California on January 1, 1980. She was accompanied by an unidentified male at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators

If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department
323-526-5541

Email: LACountyMurders@lasd.org

Agency Case Number: 020008531

NCMEC #: NCMC945542

NCIC Number:M-212593422

Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information:

The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 942DFCA

LINK:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/942dfca.html

I lived in Venice in 1980. I wonder where in Venice she was last seen. And what the circumstances were. Was she one of the many kids who lived on and around the boardwalk? Or did her family live there?

I found Clark County (Las Vegas) website for marriage records. Didnt find it on there.I went back to 1980. No record in Reno either. There are actually 2 marriage records in NV for Kimberly Kahler second one is for an RS and I found records for him in LV no marriage records however.That kimberly is only 44.

I just re emailed namus to see if she can be compared to AR Eldorado Jane doe, I hope we get a answer she is not on the ruleout.

img_8793.jpeg
First name
Kimberly
Middle name
Ann
Last name
Kahler
Nickname/Alias

NCMEC number
Date last seen
January 01, 1980 00:00
Date entered
04/15/2010
Age last seen
16 to 16 years old
Age now
52 years old
Race
White
Ethnicity

Sex
Female
Height (inches)
Weight (pounds)
Kimberly Ann Kahler, 15

img_8792.jpeg

Kimberly's photo is shown age-progressed to 45 years Kimberly's photo is shown age-progressed to 50 years

img_8794.jpeg img_47301.jpeg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/photos/full/8792

KKahler.jpg
KKahler1.jpg
KKahler2.jpg

Left and Center: Kahler, circa 1980; Right: Age-progressed by NCMEC to 45 years

Kimberly Ann Kahler
Missing since January 1, 1980 from Venice, Los Angeles County, California.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: January 17, 1964
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 15 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8; 145 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown/auburn hair; blue eyes.
    • Marks, Scars: Kahler has a small-sized scar on the left side of one of her lips. She has facial freckles.
    • Dentals: Not available
    • DNA: in CODIS
    • AKA: Kim
Circumstances of Disappearance
Kahler was last seen in Venice, California on January 1, 1980. She was accompanied by an unidentified male at the time of her disappearance.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:

Los Angeles County Sheriffs Department
323-526-5541

Agency Case Number: 020008531
NCMC945542
NCIC Number: M-212593422

Source Information:
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
CA DOJ
The Doe Network: Case File 942DFCA

Thoughts on Kimberly possibly being this Jane Doe killed by a car in Pasadena in 2017?
I think there is a strong possibility. I was struck by the similarities of the facial features - nose, eyes, jawline . In the pictures of Kim she had dyed her hair at 15, from the auburn in the younger pic, not inconceivable she would dye her hair as an adult. The height is the same and weight range similar as well.

The saddest part is that we may never know what happened to her, no background no dna or dental.

Who was she? There is no mention of who reported her missing or any family. If there was family maybe that could provide dna for possible match.

After looking at the doe network it does seem there is DNA for Kim. I was reading another thread that stated there wasn't DNA on the mummified remains found in 1980. The poster stated after talking to someone she was told no dental no DNA. I think maybe I misread it. Maybe no DNA was the remains and no dental for Kim making it impossible to rule out or match.

I'd still like more background on Kim.. it's probably common on older cases but, darn it's so sad.

Her website on the NCMEC at Have you seen this child? Kimberly Kahler states that last contact was on her 16th birthday on January 17, 1980. But her webpages on the California Department of Justice at Kimberly Ann Kahler and NamUs at The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) state last contact was on January 1, 1980. When I see discrepancies like this, I wonder if the later date is either when law enforcement took the missing persons report or the date when she was last known alive, and if the January 1st date is the last day she was actually physically seen. I wonder what it says in NCIC?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back