GUILTY TX - Marco Alferez for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, El Paso, 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Marco Alferez aged 34 is a dance teacher at an El Paso High School.

LE found 200 videos in Alferez's home of him having sex with around 70 children.

Lord, please make it stop. Make it stop. One man. 70 children.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8096868/us-teacher-held-for-taping-sex-with-kids

Alferez's Resume which lists the number of places he has taught. ((((sigh)))

http://www.ktsm.com/local/resume-of-teacher-charged-with-possession-of-child-*advertiser censored*

How artsy. Here's his MS:

http://www.myspace.com/dragnmarc

Primary school kids? We're talking like 5-12 years old? He's taught at a number of schools so the victim base could be huge. If he's managed competitions, that even makes it bigger. How did the man have time to teach?

He's on administrative leave and a trial date has not been set. I assume he's walking free. Right out of the country with Dr. Emilio Luna. When are judges going to discover that these men have connections and have nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking off.

My heart goes out to those scores of victims. Seventy children. That's like 3 entire primary classrooms full of children.

How artsy. Here's his MS:

http://www.myspace.com/dragnmarc

Primary school kids? We're talking like 5-12 years old? He's taught at a number of schools so the victim base could be huge. If he's managed competitions, that even makes it bigger. How did the man have time to teach?

He's on administrative leave and a trial date has not been set. I assume he's walking free. Right out of the country with Dr. Emilio Luna. When are judges going to discover that these men have connections and have nothing to lose and everything to gain by taking off.

My heart goes out to those scores of victims. Seventy children. That's like 3 entire primary classrooms full of children.

The OP article says he is jailed without bond.

Thank goodness. I read the last sentence and missed the first. Much much better. Maybe the judges are learning from recent mistakes. This man seems to travel to Mexico (given the photography he's posted) and I'd be afraid that he'd be gone in a heartbeat.

Being that this man seemed to teach at high schools and had a wide circle of age appropriate friends and a close knit family in the West Texas area, where did he access his victims?

OMG how can people like this exist? And, how do they live with themselves?

70 children! We have to stop this insanity once and for all. Start locking the offenders up for life and never letting them out. This is just crazy.
These SO always seem to be in a position where they are around young adults or children. We need tougher laws, stiffer penalties , and a way to check out these people before they get into these type of positions/jobs.

Goz

I think they need to start administering psychiatric tests to anyone applying for positions that involve children to try and discover these types of proclivities. They get away with it for so long that there are scores of children hurt before they have any sort of record. So background checks are, for the most part, worthless. There must be a way to develop pre-emptive measures to prevent it from happening to begin with.

ETA: Why are these men never charged with child rape? I don't understand that.

Alferez seems to have quite an extended family but it looks like he lives alone with an older female relative (mother or aunt, maybe--in her 60s) in El Paso. This is so similar to Dr. Emilio Luna. He too was bright, suave, lived with his parents and totally dedicated to children--through his pediatrics practice. He too made films.

He, however, cut off his anklet a few weeks ago and walked away while awaiting trial.

It does boggle the mind as to just how these men can be truly busy with vital employment, keep up appearances, and have time for their depravity.

How do they live with themselves? Some probably find what they are doing a game and see it as a challenge--anything to fill their sick need. Others, no doubt, experience deep self-loathing and drown their "pain" in alcohol, drugs, or just more abuse. I doubt that they ever stop to take a full accounting.

Belinda--I think that's a fabulous idea. However, I don't think it could ever fly due to our civil rights. About the only jobs I can imagine that working for are top-level government jobs, or NASA.

And when have the children ever gotten the same attention and protections as those positions?

I don't know what the answer is other than absolutely NO private time EVER with helping adults. I've been toying with how children could be fitted secretly with one of the camera pens which Bradley was so fond of.

Good lord, not again.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/30/texas-teacher-accused-taping-sex-children/

Texas Teacher Accused of Taping Sex With as Many as 70 Children

Published September 30, 2010

An El Paso, Texas, high school dance teacher was jailed without bond Thursday on charges of sexual exploitation of minors and possessing child *advertiser censored*, allegedly including 200 videotapes of himself having sex with as many as 70 children, some of whom were elementary school age.

Federal agents testified that they found the videos in the home of 34-year-old Marco Alferez. The agents said the videos showed Alferez having sex with children as young as elementary school age, the El Paso Times reported...

more at link

Oh and he's on PAID ADMINISTRATIVE LEAVE.

PAID.

He's being PAID!!!!!! W.T.F.??? There are VIDEO TAPES, he has already admitted it!!!

Holy cow, we are screwed as a society.

What a disgusting, revolting piece of insect dung. Just as an alert, He taught here at Austin High from 2004 - 2006 too, and at Ysletta ISD as a guest folklorico teacher from 9/03 to 5/04.

My daughter took folklorico dance last year, but thankfully not from this monster. I'd never let her go to a male teacher's house without me anyway. Which leads me to the question: HOW did he have such easy access to soooo many small children at his home?? Did he have a studio there? Because if some of these were elementary students, I'd assume the lessons took place at his house/studio and not the high school.

Good thing we are in Texas where the hammer will be dropped down HARD on this puke.

What.The.Hades.

Wait until the parents get to him....sorry, that was not nice of me. Wait until he has an opportunity to be processed through the courts...I cannot bear to look at the link. Is he in custody? Please GOD, he is in custody.

I find it very interesting that so many of Alferez's top friends on MS are openly gay. Lots of photos of Gay Pride Parades and festivals in Mexico, rainbows, etc. Most look like dancers but not all. Alferez states that he's straight and his victims were young girls. Pedophiles can surprise us.

Here's an update. I don't think we'd read that he confessed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-20018199-504083.html

"....During Alferez's bond hearing Wednesday, ICE agent Gilbert Campa testified he found 12 VHS tapes, each approximately four to six hours long, and 107 8-mm tapes of Alferez having sex with children, reports the El Paso Times. Campa also claimed Alferez confessed to making the videos of himself with children and made remarks that "his life was over," according to the paper.

According to the case's criminal compliant, Alferez told investigators he's been downloading child *advertiser censored* for several years using the file sharing software Limewire...."

more at link

Campa also claimed Alferez confessed to making the videos of himself with children and made remarks that "his life was over,"

Indeed it is.

I love to hear that they've identified so many children. This is very much like the Bradley case except for the fact that most of these children sound as if they are old enough to tell their horrible stories. It's quite shocking how many people state that while they abhor his crimes, he was a great teacher and mentor. I happen to think that the crimes negate the good that was done. The El Paso Times article mentioned above:

http://www.elpasotimes.com/news/ci_16222506?source=most_viewed

"....During Wednesday's court hearing, agents with Immigration and Customs Enforcement said they've identified 65 to 70 children who might have been victimized by Alferez..."

more at link

Well, he might wish it was over. Indeed, "the high life", the costumes, the dance routines, the adoration of his students and audiences, the parties and the travel is over. The little girls have left the building.

He's only 34, though, and has a lot of "living" yet to do. He should have thought of that.

It is astounding to me that these men can have so many victims before being found out. We have to find a way to start thwarting these men before they get started or very soon thereafter. I don't know how to do that, but somehow it must be done. 70 children. 70. That is insane. How did this not come to light sooner?

IIRC he choreographed Viva El Paso show? If so, I saw that show.

He would have had access to a great many children and IMHO it wouldn't be a stretch to say that 70 victims is a vast understatement.

JFYI, but Austin is one of the two main public school (he taught there recently) for which military children who's parent(s) are assigned to Fort Bliss. Given that the military community is transient (meaning we move frequently) I would hope that those parents see this news release so that even if they have moved on from the duty assignment they can have their children checked out if they came into contact with this man.

This is a devasting blow for the community of EP, the children of EP. My prayers are with the children identified as victimized, the children as yet identifed and their families.

How horrifying. :(

He was a great teacher except he was molesting dozens of children. What are people thinking?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back