1137 users online (268 members and 869 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Texas 4-year-old runs over, kills newborn

BURLESON, Texas - Police say a 4-year-old boy in Texas managed to start a van then run over a woman and her 3-week-old child, killing the newborn.
    Police Cmdr. Chris Havens says the mother was hospitalized after the accident Thursday night in Burleson, 10 miles south of Fort Worth.

Havens did not identify those involved in the accident nor provide details of the mother's condition.

He says the 4-year-old climbed behind the wheel of the vehicle, started the van and put it in gear. He had a 5-year-old passenger

More at link:
    http://headlines.verizon.com/headlin...rticle=3109928

omg

How did this little darling manage to do this? How did he get the keys. Where were his parents?

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

I have a sneaking suspicion that it was his mother with the baby. He may have taken off while she her attention was diverted on the newborn. It said she saw him in the van and took off out the door after him while holding the baby. They haven't confirmed the relationship yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that it was his mother with the baby. He may have taken off while she her attention was diverted on the newborn. It said she saw him in the van and took off out the door after him while holding the baby. They haven't confirmed the relationship yet.
    What a nightmare........oy.

Beautiful Rox.
    Sept. 18, 1997 - May 26 2012
    Rest peacefully my love I'll forever miss you.

It's hard to say who will carry more guilt over this over the years...the child, or the parents who left him alone in the car. The child, was after all, just being a child, playing in a car. I have a 5 year old, and I'm pretty sure that while she rides in the car, and knows I drive it, were it she behind the wheels, she wouldn't be able to put "A" and "B" together, and realize she was actually operating the vehicle...she'd just think she was playing.

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Terrifying. This is why I don't let my kids play in the truck when they ask.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

Bless this boys family and bless the family of the woman and the infant (if it wasn't his Mom which I think it probably was too).

What a horrible nightmare that will never end for them. So very sad.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...148ef030a.html

Yes, looks like the 4-year-old is her child.
    If there is anything worse than the sandwiches, it is the sausages which sit next to them. Joyless tubes, full of gristle, floating in a sea of something hot and sad, stuck with a plastic pin in the shape of a chef’s hat: A memorial, one feels, for some chef who hated the world, and died, forgotten and alone among his cats on a back stair in Stepney. – Douglas Adams

Thanks BuzzieCat. This family is going to have some serious healing to do.

What an odd story? So, this 4 year old managed to start the car and put it in drive?
    "What you see and hear depends a good deal on where you are standing: it also depends on what sort of person you are." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticAuttie View Post
    What an odd story? So, this 4 year old managed to start the car and put it in drive?
    It's easy Auttie! Every time a person starts the car the child is in the backseat and can see what you're doing.

My nephew did this when he was 3 or so. He ended up pinning my brother under the tires, and my SIL is a little dim so she called my mom before 911. My brother was ok.. I bet he was standing a few feet in front of the van... if he was further away it could have been worse.

Oh my goodness!! My heart and prayers go out to this family in tragedy. I am not surprised a four year old could do this. I have a precocious four year old who could manage this if he had access. He has to be watched like a hawk!

Major prayers for everyone involved, in Jesus' Healing Name, amen.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Quote Originally Posted by AutomaticAuttie View Post
    Not hard to do at all, nowadays...with cars that you only have to push a button to start.

I have no doubt that a 4 year old could start a vehicle and put it in drive. I have no doubt that mine could do it. The keys are never left where the kids can get them because I remember how badly I wanted to drive when I was little and I know that since our 4 year old sits in the middle of the backseat, he has watched it enough times to do it.

I hope that the guilt is not too bad on anyone, as there is already enough pain in that family. I know it will be bad, both for the child and the parents, but I hope they seek counseling and stick with it. I hope the community also bears in mind that he is four and this is simply a tragedy.
    JMO. Unless there's a link, I can't prove it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast