17 Things Every Women's Magazine Will Tell You (That You Should Ignore)

LOL DK. Funny.

Jazz hands!

Love it DK, I used to buy loads of magazines, now I buy none, one good thing to come out of these "austere times":dance:

#5 - lol
#15 - lmao

Oh, these are good. Yeah, I'm pretty much over women's magazines. I will buy one every once in a while if I am desperate for something to read and haven't had a chance to get to the library.

Freakin' hilarious! I used to read Cosmo when I was younger, and that was right on.

Not getting a bikini wax? Not an option, Chewbacca.

HA HA HA! SNORT, SNORT! That was completely hysterical.

Thanks for the much-needed laffs! When I was in my teens all the way up to when I graduated college, I was a hardcore closet COSMO addict- I even had an actual subscription a few years, lol! The reason I was "closeted" is because most of my friends were (take your pick) hippies, metalheads, then punks/new wavers/alterna- rockers/grunge, etc.. I mean, I was, too, but I was kinda a poser, I'll admit- I could go clubbing with my preppy friends one night, mainstrean as can be, dancing to the (then) just-released "Thriller" album and have a blast. Then the next night I'd go see the Replacements or the *advertiser censored* Surfers at some raggedy-*advertiser censored* club (in Athens, GA- go Dawgs!), dressed in jeans w/holes in the knees and an "English Beat" t-shirt. Had fun doing that too. But I ALWAYS bought and read Cosmo and I LOVED it! Years later, in my mid-twenties, I 'dropped the habit' because I was older and a bit wiser and all of a sudden the magazine just seemed so...retarded. By the end of my addiction, I was only "in it" for the (mentioned in the article) "true" stories about bulimia or- better yet- murder. That's when I started with the true crime novels and really found my "true love"- ha! And of course that eventually led me to my beloved WS!! Truth be told, I have a Master's in English, have read- and loved- Shakespeare, Milton, Faulkner, etc. etc., and I still love literature but...give me a juicy (well-written; THAT'S another story!) true crime story and I will drop everything, still! :woohoo:

I have never liked so-called "women's magazines". They have nothing interesting or valuable to say and they have nothing to do with the realities of real women. Basically, the reader/subscriber is paying a lot of money for a packet of advertising -- for a bunch of overpriced carp that nobody needs. Any surprise young people are living far beyond their means?

I have never liked so-called "women's magazines". They have nothing interesting or valuable to say and they have nothing to do with the realities of real women. Basically, the reader/subscriber is paying a lot of money for a packet of advertising -- for a bunch of overpriced carp that nobody needs. Any surprise young people are living far beyond their means?

bbm

this is where i have a problem with womens magazines... i love fashion and cosmetics etc. BUT the reality of my life is that i work with a bunch of home building contractors... there is no chance of implementing most of what i see in those mags into my actual life...kwim? so they are more or less just fantasy mags for grown-ups...and they are expensive too. most of the "TIPS" on stuff is really lame too...no need to spend $5 bucks for any of the info provided in any of the mags at the news stand. for $5bucks i could actually buy a real product that would be of some use to me in my REAL life....

i almost forgot to thank DARK KNIGHT for the nice big belly laugh from this article!

hilariously accurate! I also cracked up at "jazz hands"!

Me either SCM!

I buy the gossip mags for my teen daughter, but my Husband reads them too.

My oldest buys all the women's mags like the ones DK posted.

I buy a mag if it's got good recipes in it LOL.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back