Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

gliving

Reaction score
Mods, there are couple threads this would fit in and I wasn't sure which one to put it in. Please feel free to merge with whichever thread is appropriate.

Police release sketch of sex offender near Portland school

http://www.kgw.com/news/Police-warn-of-man-exposing-himself-near-Portland-school-103951459.html

"PORTLAND – Police have released a sketch of a man who was spotted exposing himself near a Southeast Portland school last week.

Authorities are hoping the sketch will help them identify and track down a suspect. Meantime, police and school officials have been warning people to beware of the lurking sex offender."

Very bold behavior!

They said on the local radio that this man has been targeting teen girls. That's not to say he wouldn't try or has offended little boys as well.

The suspect was described as a Hispanic man in his 20's to late 30's, about 5'2 and 150 pounds, with very short dark hair, wearing a light-colored shirt and dark pants or jeans. Police said his head was almost shaved and he had a mustache and a goatee.

His vehicle was described as an older model, white 4-door smaller car, possibly a Pontiac, with a dent on one of the front fenders, possibly black wheels and black bumpers, with black scratches on the rear passenger side fender.

That's a very detailed description and he should be identifiable but did he have a goatee or not? The article says he did but the sketch doesn't have it.

http://www.kgw.com/news/Letter-sent-to-Hosford-students--parents-104009799.html

Dear Hosford families,

This morning, five of our female students and a staff member (three separate sightings) saw a man driving a white sedan lurking around school grounds on SE 26th Ave, SE Grant St. and SE 28th Pl. All describe him as being in his early 20’s to 40’s, dark skinned, possibly Hispanic. The first set of students describe him being sexually inappropriate as they walked by his car which was parked on 26th Ave. As they hurried past, he started his car and pulled along side them making inaudible remarks. Thankfully, they were able to run away and immediately report the incident to the school.

We immediately called the police and stepped up the adult presence around the school. A staff member reported seeing the same vehicle on 28th Pl. and Grant St. Once police arrived another female student came forward to describe seeing the same man in his vehicle trying to get her attention with inaudible remarks. Portland Police are currently investigating the incident and planning to have a presence before and after school.

This serves as a good reminder to reinforce our efforts to keep all students safe from “stranger danger.” Everyone can help in this effort by keeping an eye out for suspicious persons near our schools and in our neighborhoods.

Parents and students may also want to take this time to review their safety plan, including these reminders for students:

• Always try to walk with others.

• Walk away from a stranger no matter what the stranger says to you.

• If someone keeps following you, SCREAM LOUDLY AND RUN AWAY.

• Try to get the license plate number if possible.

If you see people around you participating in any activity that seems dangerous, suspicious or simply out of the ordinary, please do not hesitate to call 911 and contact the school office.

Sincerely,

Portland Public Schools

Staff member at the school saw him in addition to the children.

That is very bothersome. He's not afraid, in fact he's quite bold if a teacher saw him.

**snip**
Police say when the four girls walked past his car, he started the vehicle and followed them about a block and then pulled over next to them, still masturbating.
**snip**
The same man accosted another girl a few minutes later, telling her he liked her shirt. The man was spotted by a school staffer several minutes later, on the opposite side of the school, driving very slowly past the school near Southeast 28th Place and Grant Street.

**snip**
Update: Police are now saying that the same suspect was nearHosford Middle School yesterday as well and tried to talk to a middleschool age girl who reported it to the
school this morning

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/09/portland_police_alert_public_t.html

A huge :highfive: to all the girls and to the staffer for such detailed information about the car and the predator! Their reporting probably saved a life, maybe theirs! moo

This predator is desperate - they need to catch him ASAP. moo

Dear Mr Icky Pervy: Please put little pervy back inside. Portland has strict rules on any substandard plumbing.

Do you know how far SE Hawthorne Bridge is to Skyline Elementary? This is "Ned Kelley's" last address (homeless) http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/OR17444/Ned-Lyle-Kelley.html
Could Terri possibly handed Kyron over to homeless guys?

I always worry when vague "homeless guys" start getting the blame for things. The trouble with that explanation is that homeless guys don't have any money, so why hand Kyron over to them? :waitasec: Just my opinion.

Hopefully they got enough info on this predator so they can catch him. I hope someone got a partial license plate number at least.

Do you know how far SE Hawthorne Bridge is to Skyline Elementary? This is "Ned Kelley's" last address (homeless) http://www.homefacts.com/offender-detail/OR17444/Ned-Lyle-Kelley.html
Could Terri possibly handed Kyron over to homeless guys?

Even if Terri handed Kyron off to homeless guys, there's no assurance that they would harm him and keep him, unless we assume all homeless people are evil and child molesters.

Early on, it was widely stated that we should apply Occam's Razor, and at the time many people used this to bolster their belief that Terri was guilty. Is Terri abducting Kyron still the simplest, easiest explanation? When the "Terri did it" theory involves multiple accomplices that 22 LE agencies, including the FBI, can't find, I have to wonder.

Even if Terri handed Kyron off to homeless guys, there's no assurance that they would harm him and keep him, unless we assume all homeless people are evil and child molesters.

Which I don't assume - see my last post. ;)

In the Peterson case, the defense tried for months to place the blame on unknown homeless people and it never made any sense and they had no evidence. The homeless are an easy target because no one wants them around and people feel threatened, but this predator guy had a car and probably isn't homeless, so I really don't see the connection. :twocents:

cypress said:
Early on, it was widely stated that we should apply Occam's Razor, and at the time many people used this to bolster their belief that Terri was guilty. Is Terri abducting Kyron still the simplest, easiest explanation? When the "Terri did it" theory involves multiple accomplices that 22 LE agencies, including the FBI, can't find, I have to wonder.

I don't really use Occam's Razor too much. Often things are much more confusing and mysterious than we think, and in Kyron's case there might have been other accomplices - in fact, Terri probably tried to pull several people into her plotting and therefore, TH alone is not the end of the story for me.

However, unless someone can place this particular guy and his vehicle at Skyline Elementary on the day Kyron disappeared, I don't really see a connection.

Don't get me wrong, I may be homeless myself some day! I remember hearing someone called in a a Kyron sighting with a homeless man, but I have not heard anymore about it, Also maybe he (NK) did it by himself. Just can't see who else could get him out without alarms going off, Therefore I say Terri. We may all be surprised like LE has stated though!

Don't get me wrong, I may be homeless myself some day! I remember hearing someone called in a a Kyron sighting with a homeless man, but I have not heard anymore about it

I guess I'm lost because if this sexual stalker of children is scary enough, why also try to blame a homeless guy too?

I don't recall any sightings of Kyron with homeless people. But there's alot I don't remember, probably. ;)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdward01
Back