695 users online (97 members and 598 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - San Diego photographer accused of planting bomb in wife's vehicle

This 48-year-old, church-going photographer with absolutely no criminal history is now accused of planting a pipe bomb under the dashboard of his wife’s vehicle. The 52-year-old wife works at a daycare center. She gets off work, enters the vehicle, and the bomb goes off. She remains hospitalized with two broken legs, internal injuries and burns. The cops say the Fort F150 flew 40 feet.

Husband and wife are in the middle of bankruptcy filing and their home is about to be foreclosed. They live in a San Diego home with their three children, ages 15, 20 and 23. The 23-year-old daughter also has a 3-year-old boy living with the family. A family member reports it was a “miracle” the little boy was not in the vehicle with grandma when the bomb went off. He usually is, but he went to the zoo that day with mom.

Husband is charged with attempted murder by explosive and he's facing life in prison. The question is, why? Prosecutor says they have evidence he visited bomb making web sites on a computer “he had access to.”

The couple had life insurance policies, but if the motive was financial, a pipe bomb is not the way to do it IMHO. Prosecutor in court said the couple was having financial problems and relationship issues. This bombing seems more of a vicious, revenge attack. Was the husband or wife having an affair? Nobody knows.

See media reports below.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...cious-package/

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2...ads-not-guilt/

Husband's web sites:

http://ppssandiego.com/

http://moonlight-photography.net/Moo...phy/about.html

No I wouldn't think a pipe bomb would be the way to go, especially with bomb making instructions recently checked out. This man might not have a prior criminal record and he might attend church but that doesn't mean he's the brightest or kindest fellow around. And to think he almost killed a baby. This is definitely NOT about financial issues, IMO. I don't care how revengeful or hurt feels, there are better ways to display that anger. To have researched the attack proves a good bit of premeditation. What a horrid guy.

My prayers go out to that poor woman and to the extended family. One can always move to another house or apartment and downsize but one can't replace a mother.

What! He couldn't just say the words 'Honey. I want a divorce?' What is wrong with people? Any of his children or his grandbaby could have been in that car. Not to mention if his wife had been kind enough on that day to give some mother and her child a ride from the daycare. This man didn't care who he hurt, besides his poor wife.

May she have a speedy recovery and hopefully someone snapped an incriminating photo of this man. Wouldn't that be ironic?
    JMO

Hi, this is my first post in the forums. I have relied on this forum through the John Gardner ordeal. I love the Astrologer Threads too, so very fascinating.

I live in San Diego, Ca, so I have been reading on this pipe bomb case a lot.

A lot of our community is shocked and in denial about this man being accused of the alleged crime.

I am on the fence. I do not know the people involved, I do not know of any evidence except involving findings on a computer he had access to at work.
    From what I read the family filed BK to save their home, but I could be wrong. I also read they have insurmountable credit card debts and although they have been married over 20 + years, the marriage is in discord.

I just find it amazing that so many people are shocked if it is to be true. The reason: He is nice and a Cristian.

Here is a local news link:

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/loca...104034319.html

Simply amazing! I hope that his children are rallying around their Mother and helping her heal emotionally and physically. Thankfully the baby was not in the car. What a very selfish man. I'm not sure what religion this man follows, but no Christian church I have ever been in, believes in murder!

I am feeling so sad for the woman involved. It looks like he did it. I hope the woman can fight back and recover. I have no other info, but I am awaiting this case.

Welcome, mjkins! Thanks for joining us!

So, 30 days has past; what has become of this case??

I just found this link from a while back where he pled not guilty....

http://www.kusi.com/story/13252432/l...e-bombing-wife

I saw a news article last week that said he would be in court Dec 4 or 5. Sorry, I do not have the link!