847 users online (178 members and 669 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Canada - Jim Dunne, 86, & Lily Blondin, 92, Ottawa ON, 29 Sept 2010

An Ottawa area elderly couple have disappeared having not been seen or heard from since Wednesday causing their families to fear the worst.
    Last Updated: October 1, 2010 5:37pm

Jim Dunne, 86, and Lily Blondin, 92, both have health problems and would not have just taken off without telling their family said daughter-in-law Peggy Dunne.

“They don’t go anywhere,” she said. “They are quite often restricted to their home.”

Police said they are taking the disappearance seriously.

Dunne and Blondin left their Gatineau, Que. home for a doctor's appointment in Ottawa Wednesday near the Westgate mall on Carling Ave. at about 2 p.m.

Before the appointment Dunne went to his bank and Shoppers Drug Mart.

He then went to his doctors but was told the appointment wasn’t until Monday

After that it’s a mystery to where they may have went.

Ottawa police took on the file Friday morning after Quebec police said Thursday it wasn’t their responsibility.

“The Ottawa police have been terrific,” said Dunne.

She said police issued an all points bulletin on the description of the car Friday.

They were driving a 2008 Grey Mazda 3 with the licence plate number BDXE 536.

Family has checked their home and their suitcases are there and there has been no activity on their bank accounts said Dunne.

When asked what she thought may have happened Dunne couldn’t give an answer.

“I don’t want to say,” she said. “It doesn’t make any sense. Everyone is just dumbfounded.”

Jim Dunne’s niece Shannan Dunne Farrell said family, stretching from Vancouver Island to PEI, have been posting information on their Facebook accounts.

“We’re pretty worried,” said Farrell, “in light of everything that has happened in Alberta and the woman in Brockville.”

Area couple Jim Dunne (86) and Lily Blondin (92)
    have been missing since Wednesday,
    causing their families to fear the worst.

RS&BBM
    Read more: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa.../15550686.html
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

Let's hope they are just visiting friends while waiting for mondays Dr. appt.

Canada - Jim Dunne (86) & Lily Blondin (92) - Ottawa ON - 29 Sept 2010

An Ottawa area elderly couple have disappeared having not been seen or heard from since Wednesday causing their families to fear the worst.
    Last Updated: October 1, 2010 5:37pm

Jim Dunne, 86, and Lily Blondin, 92, both have health problems and would not have just taken off without telling their family said daughter-in-law Peggy Dunne.

“They don’t go anywhere,” she said. “They are quite often restricted to their home.”

Police said they are taking the disappearance seriously.

Dunne and Blondin left their Gatineau, Que. home for a doctor's appointment in Ottawa Wednesday near the Westgate mall on Carling Ave. at about 2 p.m.

Before the appointment Dunne went to his bank and Shoppers Drug Mart.

He then went to his doctors but was told the appointment wasn’t until Monday

After that it’s a mystery to where they may have went.

Ottawa police took on the file Friday morning after Quebec police said Thursday it wasn’t their responsibility.

“The Ottawa police have been terrific,” said Dunne.

She said police issued an all points bulletin on the description of the car Friday.

They were driving a 2008 Grey Mazda 3 with the licence plate number BDXE 536.

Family has checked their home and their suitcases are there and there has been no activity on their bank accounts said Dunne.

When asked what she thought may have happened Dunne couldn’t give an answer.

“I don’t want to say,” she said. “It doesn’t make any sense. Everyone is just dumbfounded.”

Jim Dunne’s niece Shannan Dunne Farrell said family, stretching from Vancouver Island to PEI, have been posting information on their Facebook accounts.

“We’re pretty worried,” said Farrell, “in light of everything that has happened in Alberta and the woman in Brockville.”

Area couple Jim Dunne (86) and Lily Blondin (92)
    have been missing since Wednesday,
    causing their families to fear the worst.

RS&BBM
    Read more: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa.../15550686.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 10-04-2010 at 01:16 PM.
    My posts are merely my humble opinion. Unless you are quoting within Websleuths Forums, you do not have my permission to copy nor use any post made by me for anything.
    ★ Thank you ★

omgod not again!
    where can they be?

if someone hurt them ... well, I can't go there
    and the Quebec police shrugging them off really pisses me off too

please, please, let them come home safely

Quote Originally Posted by Valleyboy View Post
    Let's hope they are just visiting friends while waiting for mondays Dr. appt.
    I hope so Valleyboy. Their car is also missing, so perhaps they went to a hotel? ; hopefully someone will see their pictures if that is the case. I am assuming they are looking at all gas stations' video surveillance.

I am guessing the medical center closeby could be the Apple Tree Medical Group, right across Westgate Mall. That area is so close to Highway 417, they could have gone anywhere really.
    Last edited by Hazel; 10-01-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    ★ Thank you ★

Notice for anyone in the Ottawa - Hull area

Relatives turn to Facebook to help find missing elderly couple

The Ottawa Citizen October 1, 2010 9:04 PM

OTTAWA — In addition to seeking help from police, relatives of an elderly couple who went missing on Wednesday have turned to Facebook in hopes of finding their loved ones. Jim Dunne, 86, and Lillian Blondin, 92, who live in Hull, Que. were last seen around Westgate Mall on Carling Avenue and Merivale Road on Wednesday.

The couple did not make it back home that day. They were driving a 2008 Grey Mazda3 with a licence plate number of BDXE 536.

The Ottawa Police Service missing persons unit is currently investigating their disappearance. Relatives and friends have posted notices on Facebook, asking anyone who might have seen the elderly couple to call police.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Re...027/story.html

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...all&ref=search
    ★ Thank you ★

Ottawa - Hull area

Relatives turn to Facebook to help find missing elderly couple

The Ottawa Citizen October 1, 2010 9:04 PM

OTTAWA — In addition to seeking help from police, relatives of an elderly couple who went missing on Wednesday have turned to Facebook in hopes of finding their loved ones. Jim Dunne, 86, and Lillian Blondin, 92, who live in Hull, Que. were last seen around Westgate Mall on Carling Avenue and Merivale Road on Wednesday.

The couple did not make it back home that day. They were driving a 2008 Grey Mazda3 with a licence plate number of BDXE 536.

The Ottawa Police Service missing persons unit is currently investigating their disappearance. Relatives and friends have posted notices on Facebook, asking anyone who might have seen the elderly couple to call police.

Read more: http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Re...027/story.html

FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...all&ref=search
    ★ Thank you ★

Their trip home to Gatineau/Hull would take them across the Ottawa river, and along it, depending on their route. There are tons of places where, if they got lost, they could go over a low wall or through some trees and end up in the river. I hope the police are on the look out for damaged guardrails. Unfortunately it sounds like the Quebec police are not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by maggieo View Post
    Their trip home to Gatineau/Hull would take them across the Ottawa river, and along it, depending on their route. There are tons of places where, if they got lost, they could go over a low wall or through some trees and end up in the river. I hope the police are on the look out for damaged guardrails. Unfortunately it sounds like the Quebec police are not interested.
    ITA maggieo Doesn't seem logical they would go anywhere else but home; maybe have something to eat at or around the shopping center area. There are many routes to go back to Hull; following map shows the Island Park Dr. route, along Bate Island.

map: http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=d&sourc...90895&t=h&z=14
    ★ Thank you ★

Quote Originally Posted by maggieo View Post
    maggieo, in the Comments section, their granddaughter is saying that there has been some misinformation; I'm glad to find out that the Gatineau LE is still involved.
    Points # 4 and #5 are worrisome that changes everything. I am wondering where that Bank is located, and how much cash did they withdraw. Will keep on reading the comments, maybe there is more information there.

October 2nd 2010, 11:59am
    Liliane Blondin is my grandmother; and we have know Jim for over 20 years.
    A few clarifications.
    1- the Gatineau police ARE STILL INVOLVED in the investigation and are in constant contact with us,

2- Ottawa police are primarily involved since it occurred in Ottawa and my grandparents have Ontario plates,

3- Liliane is 90 years old

4- The only know activity is that they went to the bank, and not to Shoppers

5- His doctors clinic told us he had not been there.

And why is this story attached to the story of the other poor missing couple? it is confusing.

This misinformation, though not pertinent, is why the police do not like it when the public speak to the press.
    http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa...-15550691.html
    ★ Thank you ★

Jim Dunne (86) is described as:
    • white male
    • standing at 5'10"
    • weighing 150 lbs.
    • with short, salt and pepper hair
    • brown eyes and glasses

Lillian Rozon-Blondin [90] is described as:
    • white female
    • standing at 5'4"
    • weighing 125 lbs.
    • with dyed brown hair
    • brown eyes and glasses

They were last spotted at the West Gate Plaza at about 2 pm [Sept. 29, 2010]
    2008 [dark] grey Mazda 3 - Ontario licence plate BDXE 536
    http://www.cfra.com/?cat=1&nid=76001
    ★ Thank you ★

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    omgod not again!
    where can they be?

if someone hurt them ... well, I can't go there
    and the Quebec police shrugging them off really pisses me off too

please, please, let them come home safely
    Apparently that was misinformation, according to their granddaughter. This is the link to the Discussions Forum where more updated info is posted:

Discussions Forum: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=115938
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:04 AM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ★ Thank you ★

Woman's body found; link to missing couple pondered

http://ottawa.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loca...hub=OttawaHome

Updated: Sat Oct. 02 2010 9:34:31 PM

A woman's body was found Saturday evening deep in the woods of Calabogie, in the far west of Ottawa, raising questions about if it is a link to the disappearance of an elderly couple Wednesday.

OPP Confirm Missing Gatineau Couple's Vehicle Found Near Calabogie

http://www.cfra.com/?cat=1&nid=76021

CFRA News Staff
    Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ontario Provincial Police are confirming the vehicle belonging to the missing elderly couple from Gatineau was found near where a body was discovered yesterday afternoon in the Calabogie area.

OH NO!! sad news

Car, body found in Calabogie woods
    Last Updated: October 3, 2010 12:16am

A woman’s body was found in the Calabogie woods area Saturday close to where the car of a missing Gatineau couple was parked.

Police said an ATV rider found the body on a trail deep in the woods at about 11:45 a.m.

A 2008 grey Mazda3 was parked off the road and close to the trail, police said.

The car belongs to Lilian Rozon-Blondin, 90, and Jim Dunne, 86, who went missing Wednesday.

Ottawa police sent a missing persons detective to the scene and told the Sun the body is believed to be [Lilian] Rozon-Blondin’s. Police had reason to believe, initially, foul play wasn’t involved.

Police told [Jim] Dunne’s family they were searching the woods for him and remained there throughout the evening with K-9 units. But police wouldn’t confirm to them the body found was [Lilian] Rozon-Blondin.

“We know their car was found and that is it,” said daughter-in-law Peggy Dunne.

Dunne’s family was on the phone most of the night with family members still clinging to hope [Jim] Dunne might be found safe and sound.

It’s believed police found various items in the woods as they conducted their grid searches
    Dunne’s family said they can’t understand what the couple could have been doing in Calabogie. Both have health problems, and [Lilian] Rozon-Blondin was partially blind.
    Full article: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/ottawa.../15562706.html
    ★ Thank you ★

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast