755 users online (70 members and 685 guests)  

Websleuths News

Team Baez' Strategy..."A Lawyers Adage"

Read this today in my local newspaper....made me think of Team Baez' strategy

"It is a lawyers’ adage: If you have the law on your side, argue the law; if you have the facts, argue the facts; if you have neither, pound the table. "

I think this is basically all they have...and it makes sense...

Quote Originally Posted by Pattymarie View Post
    Read this today in my local newspaper....made me think of Team Baez' strategy

"It is a lawyers’ adage: If you have the law on your side, argue the law; if you have the facts, argue the facts; if you have neither, pound the table. "

I think this is basically all they have...and it makes sense...
    It's accurate to me!
    My posts are my opinion only. Praying for Justice for Caylee Marie!
    The Florida Bar summed up the problem regarding Mr. Baez.
    "His overall behavior, they wrote, showed "a total lack of respect for the rights of others and a total lack of respect for the legal system, which is absolutely inconsistent with the character and fitness qualities required of those seeking to be afforded the highest position of trust and confidence recognized by our system of law." (Thank you to TWA) Read their opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d...ps/sc95855.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by nums24 View Post
    It's accurate to me!
    I saw that and figured there is a Baez corollary. "if you have the Law on your side, argue the law. If you have the facts on your side, argue the facts. If you have neither, hold a press conference and go on Geraldo!"

Reminds me of the Biblical story of Job...when the adversary (no, I'm not calling JB Satan....yet) knew what he was up against, let's say the "truest" of laws, his only recourse was manipulation of the players involved, running his mouth, bombast, hatefulness and vitriol. Ultimately, foundational strength prevailed.
    In this case, the foundation is the law of man. I have some faith it will prevail here, too.