GUILTY CA - Dystiny Myers, 15, slain, body burned, Santa Maria, 26 Sept 2010

Knox

Reaction score
Murder victim, 15, identified as Santa Maria girl

The 15-year-old girl found murdered east of Santa Margarita last weekend has been identifed as Dystiny Myers, of Santa Maria, the San Luis Obispo County Sheriff's Department said this afternoon.

Myers' burned body was found early Sunday morning after Cal Fire firefighters responded to the report of a brush fire in the 5300 block of Parkhill Road off Highway 58. The body was buried in a shallow grave.
Five people have been charged in her death.

Four of the five entered not-guilty pleas Thursday in San Luis Obispo County Superior Court to single first-degree murder charges for the death.
The fifth suspect, Cody Lane Miller, 20, of Fresno, was too ill to physically appear in court, but was expected to be arraigned later in the day, according to his attorney, Gael Mueller.

Miller was hospitalized and treated for severe facial injuries he allegedly received from the other suspects as the group was attempting to dispose of the girl's body Sunday morning.

http://www.lompocrecord.com/news/local/08d8814e-cdb4-11df-9421-001cc4c002e0.html

Family of Murdered Santa Maria Girl Speaks to Your Central Coast News

Posted: Oct 01, 2010 7:15 PM PDT
#WNVideoWidgetGallery { margin-bottom: 3px; border: 1px solid rgb(1, 5, 114); background-color: rgb(2, 7, 108); }#WNVideoWidgetGallery h3, #WnVideoWidgetGallery h4 { margin: 0pt; padding: 0pt; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryHeader { overflow: hidden; background-color: rgb(1, 4, 97); background-image: url(""/images/static/gfx/bg_co_ribbon.gif""); }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryHeader img { float: left; padding: 0pt; margin: 0pt; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryHeader h3 { float: left; padding: 4px 4px 4px 0pt; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryNavigation { float: right; padding: 4px; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryNavigation * { padding: 0pt 1px; cursor: pointer; font-size: 10px; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryNavigation .inactive { cursor: default; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryNavigation .active { font-weight: bold; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryPages { padding: 4px; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery .wnVideoGalleryPage { display: none; overflow: hidden; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery #WNVideoGalleryPages .show { display: block; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery .wnVideoGalleryItem { float: left; width: 48%; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery .wnVideoGallerySubItem { float: right; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery .wnVideoGalleryItem img { width: 70px; }#WNVideoWidgetGallery .wnVideoGalleryItem span font { color: rgb(204, 204, 204); }
c_fv_tl.gif
Video Gallery

Family of Murdered Santa Maria Girl Speaks to Your Central Coast News

1:28

SANTA MARIA - We have an exclusive interview with the family of a teenage murder victim.

She died under gruesome circumstances but her family wants people to know who she was.

Family members of 15 year Dystiny Myers came to our studios late today their pastor spoke on their behalf.

Dystiny was found murdered on Sunday east of Santa Margarita.
The family came to us because they wanted people to know their side of the story and how the murder of their loved one has so deeply affected them.

It's a glimpse into the life of Dystiny Myers, a fifteen year old, that grew up with her grandmother in Santa Maria.

The family says Dystiny was destined for big things in life.
http://www.myfox11.com/Global/story.asp?S=13255795

Authorities identify teenage girl whose burned body was found Sunday near Santa Margarita

Alleged murder: Burned remains of Dystiny Myers found in Santa Margarita; five people are charged in the killing

MILLER__CODY_LANE.highlight_medium.prod_affiliate.76.jpg

Cody Lane Miller, 20, of Fresno was arrested Monday, Sept. 27, 2010, suspicion of murder. Original story »

By AnnMarie Cornejo | acornejo@thetribunenews.com

The San Luis Obispo County Sheriff’s Department said Friday that the 15-year-old girl whose burned body was found near Santa Margarita on Sunday is Dystiny Myers of Santa Maria.

The department would not release additional details about Myers’ death, saying that the investigation is ongoing. Little was known Friday about the teen, including how she was connected to those suspected of killing her.

More photos: Click thumbnails to enlarge

Similar stories:

• Suspects plead not guilty in death, burning of teen
    Suspects plead not guilty in death, burning of teen

The five people accused of murder after authorities found a teenage girl’s body at a North County grass fire Sunday pleaded not guilty to the charges Thursday.
    Four of the five suspects — Jason Adam Greenwell, 20, Frank Jacob York, 19, and Rhonda Maye Wisto, 47, all of Nipomo; and Ty Michael Hill, 28, of Santa Maria — were arraigned in San Luis Obispo Superior Court in the morning.
    Cody Lane Miller, 22, of Fresno, pleaded not guilty at a separate afternoon arraignment. All are being held without bail at County Jail.
  • Burned body found in Santa Margarita was a 15-year-old girl, authorities say
    Burned body found in Santa Margarita was a 15-year-old girl, authorities say

The burned body found in Santa Margarita on Sunday is that of a 15-year-old Santa Barbara County girl, authorities said Wednesday.
    Sheriff’s Department spokesman Rob Bryn would not release the teenager’s name, saying that investigators were still trying to contact a family member who was out of state. He also would not disclose additional details about her death.
    Autopsy results are pending, but five people have been arrested in connection with her suspected murder.
  • Four suspects plead not guilty to killing 15-year-old girl
    Four suspects plead not guilty to killing 15-year-old girl

Update: The fifth suspect, Cody Lane Miller, pleaded not guilty in his arraignment this afternoon.
    Original: Four of the five people accused of murdering a 15-year-old girl were arraigned in Superior Court this morning and entered not-guilty pleas.
    The defendants are Jason Adam Greenwell, 20, Frank Jacob York, 19, and Rhonda Maye Wisto, 47, all of Nipomo; and Ty Michael Hill, 28, of Santa Maria. They appeared in San Luis Obispo Superior Court Judge Barry T. LaBarbara's courtroom.
  • Fifth person arrested in connection with burned body found near Santa Margarita
    Fifth person arrested in connection with burned body found near Santa Margarita

A Fresno man has been arrested in connection with the discovery of a burned body near Santa Margarita early Sunday morning, according to Sheriff’s Department officials.
    Twenty-year-old Cody Lane Miller is the fifth person to be arrested on suspicion of murder in a case that spans from Santa Margarita to Nipomo.
    Miller was booked into County Jail at 1 p.m. Monday. Before his booking, Miller was guarded while being treated at a local hospital, Sheriff’s Department spokesman Rob Bryn said.
  • Charred body found in Santa Margarita leads to two crime scenes
    Charred body found in Santa Margarita leads to two crime scenes

Sheriff’s Department investigators continued their work Monday at two crime scenes located at opposite ends of San Luis Obispo County, following the discovery early Sunday of a charred body near Santa Margarita.
    Department spokesman Rob Bryn said investigators were continuing to examine the area in which the body was found shortly after 5 a.m., as well as a residence in Nipomo where three arrests were made.
    The discovery of the body near Santa Margarita “does not necessarily mean that’s where the homicide took place,” Bryn said.

Check out our photo gallery of people arrested in SLO County on suspicion of committing felonies and read about their alleged crimes. See photos »

b

The Rev. Rick Bloom — pastor of Pacific Christian Center in Santa Maria — who had emerged as a spokesman for Myers’ family, told the Santa Maria Times later on Friday that he was asked not to comment further.

Five people have been arrested in connection with the killing. All pleaded not guilty Thursday to murder charges.

The suspects are Jason Adam Greenwell, 20, Frank Jacob York, 19, and Rhonda Maye Wisto, 47, all of Nipomo; Ty Michael Hill, 28, of Santa Maria; and Cody Lane Miller, 22, of Fresno.

All are being held without bail at County Jail.

Read more: http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/10/01/1311727/authorities-identify-teenage-girl.html#ixzz11DfZI5ZQ

Prayers for Dystiny's family and friends.

Look at these suspects. A 47-year old woman and 4 young men ranging in age from 19-21ish. Wow.

Why was this young girl with these guys. I wonder if the one that has the beat up face was a friend and they went to party with the others or something?

So sad. Prayers for Dystiny's family and friends. May she rest in peace.

Salem

I was confused about the perp assortment too Salem, especially the 47 year old woman. Leads me to believe she was related to one of the young men and helped with the cover-up and disposal of the body?

In one story, I think it was the victim's family Pastor who stated that Dystiny was killed in a home in Nipomo, then her body was transported to the rural area where it was discovered on fire. LE has asked the family to quit commenting or granting interviews to media, so I doubt we will hear any additional facts until the hearing later this month.

Dystiny was living with her Grandmother in Santa Maria, I wonder where her parents were?

Cody looks like he got the carp beat outta him ... did he try to resist the group dynamic I wonder?

RIP Dystiny.

I hate to say this but given that there was a fire, a shallow grave and an odd group of perps, we really need to check the date:

The child's body was found on or about September 25th.

Sep. 20 ~ HARVEST, MIDNIGHT HOST
(Blood Ritual)
Dismemberment, hands removed of victim for the "Hands of Glory" to Satan

Sep. 23 ~ FALL EQUINOX
(Orgy Ritual)
Oral, anal, and vaginal; human and/or animal sacrifice

It might be of interest to read the story of Elyse Pahler, another 15 year old from the same area who met the same fate. She disappeared on July 22, 1995:

http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2010/04/14/1102851/elyse-pahler-killed-in-nipomo.html

Here's a date which was sited in that murder:

Jul. 20 ~ GRAND CLIMAX (thru Jul. 27) ~ (date varies annually ~ 5 weeks, 1 day after Summer Solstice
(Sexual and Blood Rituals)
Abduction, ceremonial preparation & holding of sacrificial victim for Lammas Day
Oral, anal, and vaginal, and human sacrifice

Wow! I know one person in Santa Maria and these are her symbols, should I say! I didn't want to think about this connection. At all. But now that you mention it, it was the Solstice and the Full moon all at the same time.

Thank you so much for bringing this up!

Those are some pretty creepy looking suspects, and the murder is especially gruesome.

I think Missizzy's post is right on point. I hope we eventually get to hear the whole truth of the matter.

What a beautiful young woman. As usual, there are so many questions. The mug shots show the evil that this young woman had to endure. TWA sweet girl! ^j^

Cody looks like he got the carp beat outta him ... did he try to resist the group dynamic I wonder?

RIP Dystiny.

Woman’s murderers turned on grave digger

September 28, 2010 4:07 pm

Cody Lane Miller

The alleged murderers of the woman whose charred remains were found in Santa Margarita on Sunday turned on one another while trying to dispose of her body.

Sources tell CalCoastNews that Cody Lane Miller, 20, of Fresno was digging a grave to place the body of the unnamed woman when his former cohorts turned on him and began beating him in the face with the shovel. Miller escaped and was taken to a local hospital where he received facial surgery and had his jaw wired shut.

He remained in the hospital under guard until his release and subsequent arrest on Monday afternoon.

Shortly after 5 a.m. on Sunday, firefighters responding to a vegetation fire near Park Hill Road discovered the body in a shallow grave.

Investigators were able to trace a vehicle from the scene to a home in Nipomo where they arrested three of the alleged murderers on Sunday.The deputies investigation led to the arrests of 20-year-old Jason Greenwell of Nipomo, 47-year-old Rhonda Wisto of Nipomo, 28-year-old Ty Hill of Santa Maria, 19-year-old Frank York of Nipomo and Miller.

All five have been booked into San Luis Obispo County jail on murder charges.

http://calcoastnews.com/2010/09/woman%E2%80%99s-murderers-turned-on-grave-digger/
Missizzy I would never have thought of the motive you suggested, not familiar with any of the ritualistic stuff, you may be right.

Found Dystiny's MS Page http://www.myspace.com/305871286

Dystiny seems to have been dabbling in a bit of wannabe stuff recently. I don't see anything occult but I do see a very young girl hanging with much older people. If you discount the dates, the other thought that comes to mind is that she might have been trafficked by these people. Either way it's awful. Her Myspace doesn't really fit with the church choir girl we're hearing about. That might have recently been left behind as she just entered high school and undoubtedly met some new people.

I just REALLY do not want to hear the local LE call this a "beef between a bunch of kids" as they did when Zachary Irvin got shot, raped, dismembered and burned under similar circumstances in East St. Louis on the summer solstice. He, too, was a young innocent who walked into something dark and ugly. Let's not move so fast but really stop and take a close look at the motives involved here.

For people not familiar with the area, Nipomo and Santa Maria are on the Central coast and only 7 miles apart. San Luis Obispo is about 20 miles north. SLO is where Cal Poly is located and is kind of an artsy, upscale small city. Santa Maria can be a bit rougher, especially in recent years. Nipomo is a small suburb kind of in between the two.

Elyse Pahler, also 15, was from SLO and her body stayed in the woods for eight months before one of her killers led police to it. The boys had been sneaking off into the woods to have sex with her body. They stated that their sacrifice of her would hopefully make them better guitar players. They idolized the group, Slayer, and Pahler's parents even attempted to sue the musicians.

We also have a thread on the following case which has some similar characteristics:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/wor...eat-Russian-teenagers-stabbing-666-times.html

I might be all wet, but I always think it's safest to check out the motives.

After reading that article, I have lots of questions. Why did Cody return to bury the body? When the others turned on him or arrived and confronted him (maybe) and then attacked him, who took him to the hospital? And I'm assuming that the perps returned once again to the body and set it on fire. But they weren't smooth enough to do it unseen. I hope this poor girl passed over quickly.

If this was planned, it wasn't planned well. I almost think that everything possible which could go wrong, went wrong. I think either meth or lack of lucidity is a huge factor here. I keep going back to Elyse's murder which was so similar but then we have a middle aged woman involved. Hmmm.

After reading some of the comments here and there, it seems that meth use is a more likely scenario Missizzy. Someone said that Dystiny had gotten mixed up with the wrong crowd and had been to juvenile hall recently.

Whatever the motive turns out to be, the loss of this young girl is tragic.

http://www.ksby.com/images/news/Dystiny.jpg
(the photo is too large to post here, sorry)

http://www.ksby.com/news/murder-investigation-dystiny-myers-remembered-as-full-of-life/

I found her photo and she is not mean looking like all of them are. I wonder how she knew them at all, when the only one of them from her town is 28 years old. This is such a tragic story, even without the ugly details.

Dystiny had a beautiful face. What a lovely picture.

Now, your second link had some very interesting comments after it. A poster there (Oct 3 @ 6:01 pm) has a lot different take on the 47 year old, and on the "boys" involved and how the woman got involved with the boys. I thought they were all pretty scary-looking.

It is such a shame that Dystiny got caught up in all this. Her facebook page looks like something to be found on myspace. Children trying to be grown up way too soon, before they fully realize what "grown up" means.

Missizzy I would never have thought of the motive you suggested, not familiar with any of the ritualistic stuff, you may be right.

Found Dystiny's MS Page http://www.myspace.com/305871286

The myspace was a shocker, because I hadn't read the entire thread. I looked up her #1 friend, and she is on his facebook, and he calls her his sister. I wonder if she is, or if that is an expression in use nowadays?

What is it with these Juggalo people? So many of today's youth just trash themselves, in public and on the internet. Do they think they have no worth as a person? Do they see no future for themselves, or is it that they don't even want a future? Are they afraid of real life?

I'm so sorry that this beautiful girl's life is over. Very depressing and has to be He!! for her family.

Does she have any siblings?

The myspace was a shocker, because I hadn't read the entire thread. I looked up her #1 friend, and she is on his facebook, and he calls her his sister. I wonder if she is, or if that is an expression in use nowadays?

What is it with these Juggalo people? So many of today's youth just trash themselves, in public and on the internet. Do they think they have no worth as a person? Do they see no future for themselves, or is it that they don't even want a future? Are they afraid of real life?

I'm so sorry that this beautiful girl's life is over. Very depressing and has to be He!! for her family.

Does she have any siblings?

teedie, from a lone photograph on this poor child's Myspace she is posing with a brother. It appears to actually be a biological brother.

The other stuff these kids call people they hang with "Fam" or "Wife" and you could go on and on. But I think the young man in her first Myspace picture is her true brother.

In all honesty I don't believe it has to do with self worth even sometimes. I think it has to do with "I'm grown and I'm a bad*ss and look at me drinking a 40". They think it makes them mature, but in all reality it's the opposite. They do think that's real life. You're 15 and you think this is real live life of which unfortunately it is for alot of those grown people.

There's also a photograph on her "Villain" section that says Spades is a tweaker. It's a dark photograph but if the kid was smoking meth or rock that's just another point that she was just a child. People smoking crack don't usually go around posting photographs of themselves smoking. Then again most crack addicts don't have a computer. They sold it.

RIP pretty girl. Her poor Grandmom. Poor, poor Gram. My heart bleeds for that poor lady.

If you look on whitepages, for Rhonda Wisto, you'll see that she lives with three women (as far as I can tell, in their late 40s to early 50s), at the same address in Oceano. One woman has a criminal record in CA but I can't open it.

I was confused about the perp assortment too Salem, especially the 47 year old woman. Leads me to believe she was related to one of the young men and helped with the cover-up and disposal of the body?

In one story, I think it was the victim's family Pastor who stated that Dystiny was killed in a home in Nipomo, then her body was transported to the rural area where it was discovered on fire. LE has asked the family to quit commenting or granting interviews to media, so I doubt we will hear any additional facts until the hearing later this month.

Dystiny was living with her Grandmother in Santa Maria, I wonder where her parents were?

I wondered about that too. One of the articles said she was born in Tucson, then moved to Santa Maria just a few months later to be raised by her grandmother. The mother's name is Aileen Myers, of Santa Barbara, and the father is John Bedford of Tucson.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back