Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 534
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Andrews/Georgetown SC
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Thanks for telling me that MBLover. I feel weird about talking about some theories as it seems morbidly disrespectful to me. However, that's why we are all here is to brainstorm ideas but it's hard ya know?

    RoseC, do you know if any of the backroads areas from Surfside to GT have been searched?

    Thanks all for filling me in about the Surfside area.

    Moo.... wm
    i truly dont feel the back roads (i call them as our taking a drinking riding threw country side where no le bes) from my understanding,,search only been in places weve read in papers and few places going out of mb,,they seem to be sticking the route of cell phone etc,im sure some of le has road these roads, but no proof to show,,,
    :Banane37


  2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:


  3. #182
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Gilligan's Island
    Posts
    1,822
    Rose - MLatta - Krista - any other locals...

    I'm trying to look at an on-line map of the MB / Surfside area. S. Ocean Blvd. stops and goes out to Hwy 17...basically because of the State Park? Then it appears if you take a left off of Hwy 17 onto 16th Ave. N you can pick up S. Ocean Blvd again there in Surfside...and then S. Ocean Blvd turns into N. Waccamaw Drive...is this correct?

    How far can you actually go down the coast before having to cross back over to Hwy 17 to get back into PYL - GT areas?
    Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

    Love never fails.

    I have decided to stick with love. Hate is too great a burden to bear.
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.


  4. The Following User Says Thank You to MBLover For This Useful Post:


  5. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Andrews/Georgetown SC
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    Thanks for the info Rose.

    I have a question...

    If LE has been using the times stated in the Disappeared show... Then what does LE make of the times PB and his lawyer locked their selves into?

    I really hate to keep harping on this...but for some reason this is just stuck in my craw...

    PB even stated that he and the guys were watching a baseball game on tv when BD was there. That baseball game was over around 8:20/8:25.

    Look at the timestamps on the BWR vid and the street cam. PB is very adamant about the time BD was in their room and how long she was there.

    In one of my earlier posts I gave out the 2 different time lines. One according to the timestamps and PB's recollection and the 2nd one according to the later times. I stated the one with the later times made more sense and made the time line flow better...but yet...what is one to think (especially me) about the version of events according to PB?

    PB even made reference that it was still light outside when BD left his room at the BWR.

    PB and his lawyer couldn't have been naive enough to think that a different version of events - according to cell phone records wasn't going to be obtained. So why didn't PB just say...BD was in our room...I know it was after 8:00...but am not sure exactly what time it was...ball game was on (or going off). She was here for a few minutes - maybe 10 or 15...I'm just not sure...

    But instead he locks himself into certain times. Is PB trying to distance himself from the actual times? If so, why?

    News articles backs up these times...LE comes out with a different version...then it gets changed back to the earlier times...then another set...and now this set of times according to Disappeared.

    Did anyone catch what was said in Disappeared about why PB and crew left MB when they did? There was a one liner of that one of the boys mothers demanded that they come home... If that actually was the reason...why did this mother demand that? What reasons did she have?
    yep i heard that one liner to,funny thing our sc,le hadnt heard it,in fact ID told few things that LE to my understanding did not know,,,i feel in someway there be a connection with some of Roc kids,but just my moo,,,

    oh yes ive ask the question if the time was right (or if cams that caught bd on was right they said yes they did by digital, so i agree with your last time line!!!
    :Banane37


  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:


  7. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Andrews/Georgetown SC
    Posts
    544
    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post
    Rose - MLatta - Krista - any other locals...

    I'm trying to look at an on-line map of the MB / Surfside area. S. Ocean Blvd. stops and goes out to Hwy 17...basically because of the State Park? Then it appears if you take a left off of Hwy 17 onto 16th Ave. N you can pick up S. Ocean Blvd again there in Surfside...and then S. Ocean Blvd turns into N. Waccamaw Drive...is this correct?

    How far can you actually go down the coast before having to cross back over to Hwy 17 to get back into PYL - GT areas?
    Im not sure how far to Gtown you visited on your vacations to MB,,but once in murrels inlet (i think) you have opiotion to go business or by pass all way to north mb,,,unless i have reason to go into city limits of each those small towns i run by pass that way you not into city limity traffic,, but i do know on by pass you can go in diff directions than to Gtown from beach!!!
    :Banane37


  8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:


  9. #185
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    60

    Inland Ping?

    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    ETA I found the info i was looking for on page 2.

    ~snipped for my post # 36~

    At 9:27 pm her phone is moving south around surfside Bch. 15 mins by car.

    11:58 her phone pings cell phone tower # 332. 50 mile s of MB...beeline to GT County.

    My question is where was Brittanee's phone pinging between Surfside beach at 9:27 pm and 11:58 pm when it pinged tower #332 at Pole Yard landing?
    IIRC there was a ping inland mentioned at one point. Maybe near Andrews. Does anyone else recall this?


  10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to paradox217 For This Useful Post:


  11. #186
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    525
    The vehicle found that's related to a murder...what was the set of circumstances surrounding the murder?


  12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MLE For This Useful Post:


  13. #187
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    326

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by paradox217 View Post
    IIRC there was a ping inland mentioned at one point. Maybe near Andrews. Does anyone else recall this?
    I do recall this, however I think it was a misreported fact.


    There's been several items that have been misreported:

    1) obviously the timeline has been messed up from the beginning... (Though I cannot totally blame the media for this.. check it - We have PB's story, which gives us account #1. We have JG's story which gives us account #2. We have the security camera in the hotel, and the "street cam" account #3.

    2) The sunglasses were never recovered, nor has it been confirmed whether they were Brittanee's.

    3) Peter Broswick (need I say more?!)

    4) For a while there it was unclear if the streetcam image was Brittanee Entering or exiting Bluewater.. (Hell I am still a little unclear on this)


    Can anyone think of any more??? (I know there's more, but I am only on my first cup of coffee)



  14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:


  15. #188
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the moment
    Posts
    6,177
    Quote Originally Posted by MLE View Post
    The vehicle found that's related to a murder...what was the set of circumstances surrounding the murder?
    MLE That's the question of the day! We've heard nothing more about this vehicle that was found at the home of ST. Also, the hearing that was scheduled in Sept for ST attempting to abduct RM (in July) never happened that we know of. Seems the info went poof!

    Paradox, I do recall mention of the inland ping. I'll try and rewatch the show today to confirm. But like mlatta says, these media reports are sometimes confusing/conflicting information. It is exhasperating trying to make it all fit with the info we have.

    Hope this helps.

    Good morning all sleuths and Brittanee! Today is Tuesday, 10-12-10. Maybe today will be the day that you are found and brought home to your family Brittanee!

    :smiliecup: mlatta here's another cup of java for ya!

    MOO

    wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

    Numbers,32:23


  16. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:


  17. #189
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,523
    So much to catch up on and no time to do that! Will have to come back later tonight and read all of your great thoughts.


  18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:


  19. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    326

    Lightbulb Some thoughts...

    I have been pondering this "Botched kidnapping attempt" that occured back on 7-21-10.

    I'm still not 100% convinced it happened.

    I'm not calling anyone a liar, but let's say for a moment that I was a juror. As far as I know - the only evidence against the alleged perp is the fact that the victim picked him from a photo lineup. That is definately not enough to convince me "beyond a reasonable doubt"

    In reading through some of the past threads around that time, it is asked "Why would she make it up?" Does anyone recall Bethany Storo? That really blew my mind! Why did she do it? You're guess is as good as mine! 15 seconds of fame? serious psychological problems? http://www.popfi.com/2010/09/17/woma...-her-own-face/

    I saw pictures that were posted on Brittanee's thread from Willenfan21 (Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - Thread #11) those were taken the day of the alleged attempted kidnapping. There were blue skies, and what appeared to be a good number of people out and about.

    Once again, I am not trying to insult the victim whatsoever. As a matter of fact, I really wish there was some physical evidence that backed her story.

    REGARDLESS - after the arrest was made, and it was determined that the suspect had family ties with a suspect from another crime back in 1998 - it brought Shannon M.'s case back into light. I decided to look back at the facts that were gathered during that investigation. Wow. I understand that charges were dropped against all 5 suspects, citing lack of evidence as the reason. That doesn't prove they're innocent either. One of those suspects is currently incarcerated in Georgetown County awaiting trial for (unrelated) sexual assult charges. I'm going to try, over the next couple weeks, to see if I can obtain a copy of the arrest report, I'm anxious to read the details. I have a pretty bad feeling about this person. I know people who are hell-bent that those 5 individuals were guilty, and think that the dismissal was a gross miscarriage of justice.

    In an effort to keep our minds open, there is one more thing to consider. Everyone knows in our justice system one is considered innocent until proven guilty. It is possible that these individuals had nothing to do with the SM case, nor BD, nor RM. Until we have more information, we have to draw conclusions in the court of our mind

    One last thing, I'm not sure this was ever shared on here (http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/08/26...link=mirelated)

    Officials at the 15th Circuit Solicitor's office confirmed Wednesday that the office has dropped all charges against three Pennsylvania men accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman at Broadway at the Beach on June 30.

    The charges against Dallas Bubba Frutchey, 19, Troy Terell Wilson, 31 and Robert George Toma, 39, all of Easton, Pa., have been dropped, said solicitor's office victims' advocate Amy Ayars. She said the official paperwork has not been filed and she could not comment further.

    The men were facing the charges after a 23-year-old Myrtle Beach woman said the three men had forced her into a van in the parking lot of Broadway at the Beach on June 30.

    The woman said while she was waiting for her sister in front of the business, Frutchey demanded that she leave with him, grabbed her arm and yanked her to a van in the parking lot, police said. She told police that inside the van the men sexually assaulted her before she was able to get away.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 12:46 PM. Reason: repair url tag.


  20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:


  21. #191
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Andrews/Georgetown SC
    Posts
    544

    morning yall :-)

    Ive been reading threw last few posts,and i see question of BD leaving on last video, but she was last seen leaving the boys hotel to go back to hers, so that video of her walking down street was her going back to her hotel,not going to boys,,,i found 2 parts of this story by G-Moore of Caroline live news!! he states that bd around 9pm left boys hotel to go to hers!!
    (Just before 9:00 p.m. on April 25, 2009, surveillance video caught Drexel leaving the Blue Water Resort on Ocean Boulevard. She was heading back to where she was staying, the Bar Harbour Motel, but she never made it.) he tells bd story ;

    heres first link::
    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=519959

    1-part link
    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=448770

    2 part;link

    http://www.carolinalive.com/news/story.aspx?id=449393
    :Banane37


  22. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:


  23. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Charleston, SC
    Posts
    326

    Post Kate Waring murder trial



    I was totally oblivious to this case.. it started as a missing persons case, turned out to be murder, with some crazy twists and turns!

    The one thing that led me to read more on it was the fact that the family of the missing person is close personal friends with Andy Savage (Defense attorney, #1 in SC has been for MANY years, VERY wealthy!) Andy Savage had a "team" of private investigators working in the search. These PIs ultimately got one of the suspects to lead them to the body, which was deep in the woods of Wadmalaw Island, SC 4 months after she disappeared.

    Brittanee had a PI at one time too! It was announced when Frank DV from AMBER Ready, Inc. announced that he was now working with the Drexel family on Brittanee's case. The PI's name is Marc ? (I honestly cannot recall his last name, though i am sure i have it written down somewhere)

    Here is the whole story, as published in The Post & Courier (newspaper here in Charleston) in Chronological order:

    This is kinda lenghty ...

    8-4-09
    Family offers $25,000 reward for information
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...48351451.shtml

    9-12-09
    Mom pleads for information about daughter
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...28540467.shtml

    10-11-09
    Coroner says remains are Waring's
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...18709915.shtml

    8-28-10
    Kamp: Waring tortured
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...10474039.shtml

    10-6-10
    Waring murder trial begins
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...10703661.shtml

    10-7-10
    Kamp details Waring's death
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...10709405.shtml

    10-8-10
    Kamp grilled over lies
    http://archives.postandcourier.com/a...10714999.shtml

    10-8-10
    Mack hatched plot to implicate Kamp in Waring killing, inmate says
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...er-moved-body/

    10-11-10
    No evidence of Waring's death found at Mack's home
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...ed-check-wari/

    10-12-10
    Waring murder trial focuses on evidence
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...s-on-evidence/

    10-12-10
    Investigator: Kamp grew angry during interview with neighbor
    http://www.postandcourier.com/news/2...after-killing/

    If you google Kate Waring, and then click images, you will see she was a very pretty girl.. It is such a shame she got mixed up with these people and their evil nature.. From all I read about her, it seems like she was a pretty good, sweet girl, who suffered from depression, and had substance abuse problems, which probably left her vulnerable for these lowlifes to take advantage of her. I hope this couple and the neighbor get the justice they deserve! My thoughts and prayers are with the family, may they find God's guiding hand in the path to healing...

    Good night all!!


  24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:


  25. #193
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Albany, NY/Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    1,523

    just catching up :)

    Quote Originally Posted by MBLover View Post

    *snip*

    I think it was Lindsay? who found where the actual street cam was that picked BD up as she was walking.

    *snip*
    It would most likely take me forever to locate the video, but CD points out the camera on one of the news videos that aired around the time of the one year anniversary of Brittanee's disappearance. I don't know who it was that picked out this camera at first, but Chad later confirmed it.


    Quote Originally Posted by MLE View Post
    The vehicle found that's related to a murder...what was the set of circumstances surrounding the murder?
    If I'm not mistaken, we still don't even know who the victim was. Maybe we do and I'm forgetting it right now. We definitely don't know any of the circumstances.

    Quote Originally Posted by mlatta View Post
    *snip*

    2) The sunglasses were never recovered, nor has it been confirmed whether they were Brittanee's.

    *snip*
    Just confused here. You say the glasses were never recovered? So LE just left them there on the banks of the river? I thought for sure they would have collected them! Or do you mean something else by the word recovered? TIA.


    Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    *snip*
    Paradox, I do recall mention of the inland ping. I'll try and rewatch the show today to confirm. But like mlatta says, these media reports are sometimes confusing/conflicting information. It is exhasperating trying to make it all fit with the info we have.
    *snip*
    wm, the show mentioned nothing about a ping inland. I do recall rumors of this, but as mlatta said, I believe it was misinterpreted by whomever reported it.


  26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:


  27. #194
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Wow,
    I leave for a day and I'm 3 pages behind!! I'm glad to see everyone in here brainstorming and posting such great thoughts.

    Anyway, just wanted to clarify the "ping'' issues between Surfside Beach and GT. I do NOT believe Brittanee ever had control over her phone after she was abducted. I also do NOT believe that her kidnappers knew it was on or that pings could be traced. As for the ping timing problems:
    Cell phone towers don't constantly link up to nearby phones. It can happen every 15 minutes, every 30, even every hour...depending on several factors. The ONLY time you will get frequent pings is if people are calling into the phone in question. EVERY time someone tried to contact Brittanee, the phone pinged from the nearest tower. I think the delay in the pings is that either
    1. no one called her phone during that time period, OR
    2. her phone was in a rural area and had no signal

    It dawned on me just now that when I was down at the beach camping the other month, we had every possible IT convenience available to man. Yet, there I was, laptop out.....husband with his own phone and laptop.....and absolutely NO signal. Myrtle Beach Campground is south of BWR on Hwy 17....and, honestly, there is almost nothing between Myrtle Beach Campground and Georgetown.....so it wouldn't surprise me if it were hard or impossible for someone to contact her while her phone was in this area.
    But, regardless, Brittanee's phone COULD have been in Georgetown the entire time....and just had no incoming calls to determine the closest cell tower.


  28. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


  29. #195
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    1,645
    Quote Originally Posted by mlatta View Post
    In an effort to keep our minds open, there is one more thing to consider. Everyone knows in our justice system one is considered innocent until proven guilty. It is possible that these individuals had nothing to do with the SM case, nor BD, nor RM. Until we have more information, we have to draw conclusions in the court of our mind

    One last thing, I'm not sure this was ever shared on here (http://www.thesunnews.com/2010/08/26...link=mirelated)

    Officials at the 15th Circuit Solicitor's office confirmed Wednesday that the office has dropped all charges against three Pennsylvania men accused of kidnapping and sexually assaulting a woman at Broadway at the Beach on June 30.

    The charges against Dallas Bubba Frutchey, 19, Troy Terell Wilson, 31 and Robert George Toma, 39, all of Easton, Pa., have been dropped, said solicitor's office victims' advocate Amy Ayars. She said the official paperwork has not been filed and she could not comment further.

    The men were facing the charges after a 23-year-old Myrtle Beach woman said the three men had forced her into a van in the parking lot of Broadway at the Beach on June 30.

    The woman said while she was waiting for her sister in front of the business, Frutchey demanded that she leave with him, grabbed her arm and yanked her to a van in the parking lot, police said. She told police that inside the van the men sexually assaulted her before she was able to get away.


    While it's SUPER scary that these sorts of things keep occurring in Myrtle Beach, I believe the charges were dropped for insufficient evidence because the woman's story kept changing a bit. I believe that the business she was at was a bar and the men were hitting on and hanging out with her and her friends/sister. At the end of the night, I think the guys wanted to have sex with the girls. I think she either got drunk and had sex with one/all of them and felt bad later or they raped her after an all night drinking binge. ....she says they raped her...they say they didn't. No evidence either way.

    While rape and sexual assualt is ALWAYS serious, I think this is a very different situation than that of Brittanee's, as she didn't appear to know or party with her kidnappers (that we know of). Further, whatever happened to/with this woman was done and over with in the parking lot....and she left of her own free will.
    I agree with you that there could be other suspects....others we haven't ever considered.......but her cell phone pinging to Seven Mile Rd is pretty freaking coincidental, IMHO. I just can't get past that.....and I don't think that this group 'led police back to their home'. I think they did just the opposite:
    I think they didn't know about phone pings. I think they thought about how well they know their area, how well they know all of the woods and trails and stream and rivers near them. I think they felt safe and comfortable in their county and within 5 miles of their home. I think it would be very unusual for an outsider to even know about Georgetown....much less to feel comfortable driving through there after dark. Finally, I think the charges against this group for the other murder they got away with were pretty solid charges. They had CONFESSIONS!! That said, what is the possibility that there is ANOTHER group of murderers living in Georgetown, SC??


  30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:


Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 502
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 04:38 AM
  2. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #7
    By hoppyfrog in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 693
    Last Post: 03-31-2010, 06:03 PM
  3. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #6
    By christine2448 in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 920
    Last Post: 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
  4. Replies: 633
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 08:05 PM
  5. SC SC - Brittanee Drexel, 17, Myrtle Beach, 25 April 2009 - #2
    By hoppyfrog in forum 2000's Missing
    Replies: 475
    Last Post: 05-07-2009, 06:04 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •