Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast
    I really don't make much of the sunglasses after the "Disappeared" show...I can't remember for sure but weren't they NOT weathered that much?
    And her BF could not identify them...her mom thought she could though.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to White Rain For This Useful Post:

Question

The sunglasses were found by a couple from Sullivans Island, sc.. they were camping and made the discovery along the southern bank of the North Santee river, a short distance west of Pole Yard Landing.. It was stated that they were knock-off Pradas....

The few facts listed above, and what was stated in the Disappeared show - that is all we have on the shades (Unless I am wrong?)

I really wish SLED would make a statement regarding their evaluation of those shades...
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:

I did not think much of the sunglasses either, kind of an accidental red herring to me. I don't think they were left there on purpose, or had to do with Brittanee.

I think she must have gotten into a car with someone she thought she knew, or did know, and was vastly outnumbered and too late, knew she was in trouble.

I am heartsick over B; I have 5 young nieces and have thus far been fairly blessed in that they are all okay, but my oldest niece was drugged and raped while at college in NYC a few years ago. She counts herself very lucky to have awoken and made her way home. So many things can happen to teen girls and young women that I honestly do not believe were as much an issue/danger as when I was young. Why should they have to be on guard every second? But they do need to be...and we must always remind them.
    Just my opinion, of course.

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to cluciano63 For This Useful Post:

Hi Britt.

I have my face stuffed in my psychology book this morning, so I'm not doing too much sleuthing. You were on my mind first thing today as per usual.

Hoping to see you home by Halloween!

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LLLindsayy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mlatta View Post
    The sunglasses were found by a couple from Sullivans Island, sc.. they were camping and made the discovery along the southern bank of the North Santee river, a short distance west of Pole Yard Landing.. It was stated that they were knock-off Pradas....

The few facts listed above, and what was stated in the Disappeared show - that is all we have on the shades (Unless I am wrong?)

I really wish SLED would make a statement regarding their evaluation of those shades...
    A few days ago I saw the ID Discovery documentary on Brittney. I think it was her father that said "there were no leaves or dirt on the glasses" thus they discounted them as being hers.

A woman (can't remember her name) searcher said that a body left on the riverside wouldn't last six hours, because of alligators or crocidiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    A few days ago I saw the ID Discovery documentary on Brittney. I think it was her father that said "there were no leaves or dirt on the glasses" thus they discounted them as being hers.

A woman (can't remember her name) searcher said that a body left on the riverside wouldn't last six hours, because of alligators or crocidiles.
    Hello Britt and all!

Hello Paulette! There are also wild boar in the area. Gosh how I hate typing that!

I can only hope that the silence regarding ST's hearing on th eattempted abduction and the vehicle found on his property that is connected to a murder means that he is cooperating with LE in Britt's investigation. It's weird that that whole incident has seemed to disappear, just like Brittanee...... MOO

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by waltzingmatilda View Post
    Hello Britt and all!

Hello Paulette! There are also wild boar in the area. Gosh how I hate typing that!

I can only hope that the silence regarding ST's hearing on th eattempted abduction and the vehicle found on his property that is connected to a murder means that he is cooperating with LE in Britt's investigation. It's weird that that whole incident has seemed to disappear, just like Brittanee...... MOO

wm
    Who is ST? I think I was involved in another thread when Brittney disappeared - I can really only pay attention to one or two cases at a time - it's just too emotionally draining.

Would appreciate you linking me to the ST person.

I figure it was a random abduction (from watching the time-line on ID Discovery) and her phone pinging at intervals on the drive to the river.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Paulette For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Paulette View Post
    Who is ST?

Would appreciate you linking me to the ST person.
    His name is Shawn Taylor. He was the individual arrested for the attempted kindapping in Myrtle Beach back in July. You can read the whole story here:

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/128839...uction-suspect

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mlatta For This Useful Post:

Good morning all and Brittanee!

Thank you mlatta for providing the link for Paulette! My computer was running really slow yesterday and it was a futile effort to even sign in.

10-26-10 We are one day closer to Brittanee being found and brought home to Rochester where she belongs.

wm
    ...and be sure your sin will find you out.

Numbers,32:23

17. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to waltzingmatilda For This Useful Post:

Putting our girl back on the front page.

Prayers for Britt.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lizzybeth For This Useful Post:

Back to the front page

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rochestergirl For This Useful Post:

wow, i have read first 25 pages of the thread, this is incredible guys, i live in little river sc, just few miles north of myrtle beach,, i have been following this case since the beginning.. i really admire what you guys are doing here! keep it up, may be i could help sometime in search parties?

23. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jake_SC For This Useful Post:

Hi Jake! Welcome!

We would absolutely love for you to help when you have the time. Because of the recent arrests, some of the search groups believe that we should step back for a little bit until things are more safe, but you can bet we will be out there posting flyers and searching just as soon as we get the 'all clear'. (some people completely disregard the warnings and continue to search and post flyers regardless of the danger--looking at YOU, Mlatta!)
    Anyway, these are some GREAT people and we'd love to hear your thoughts, opinions, and ideas!!

25. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to krista For This Useful Post:

Brittanee news will air tonite!!!!

WMBF sits down with Drexel family, investigators concerning missing teen
    Updated: Oct 25, 2010 1:38 PM EDT New developments in the case of missing New York teenager, Brittanee Drexel, have led police to a person of interest, but the 19 month old case is still unsolved.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/category/198102/brittannee
    :Banane37

27. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Breaking News For Britt!!!

Posted: Oct 27, 2010 8:21 PM EDT
    Updated: Oct 28, 2010 6:30 PM EDT

BEACH, SC (WMBF) - Myrtle Beach Police investigators are releasing new information in the disappearance of Brittanee Drexel, saying that they are looking at even more people who may have been involved.

Captain of Investigations, Joe Vella, says the number keeps growing.

"There's a couple more we're looking at now," Captain Vella explained. "One will lead to another to another to another, so we know that during the experiences of investigations, it's going to lead to you know, several more at some point, and they'll be people that will be questioned."

Captain Vella says they are just one good lead away from making an arrest.

"One more [person of interest] could break the case," Captain Vella explained.

A team of investigators has been working on this case, some of them even wear "Help Find Brittanee" bracelets. They say they have to be tight-lipped about it all, because it is an active investigation, but Detective Vincent Dorio says they are getting closer.

"I think in the end, they'll be several arrests, but it's going to start with one, and then the domino effect will occur and one right after another, people will start talking," Detective Dorio said.

However, there could be yet another part to this story - an attempted abduction in the same area of Ocean Boulevard where Drexel was last seen.

In July, 20 year old Randa Massey was walking alone along Ocean Boulevard, when police say men in a blue van pulled up, grabbed her, and tried to take her.

Days later, Shaun Taylor of McClellanville turned himself in to police.

Taylor is facing attempted kidnapping charges and is out on bond. Investigators say they've compared this case and the Drexel case closely - to see if there are any similarities.

For the first time, investigators are revealing that Taylor is also a person of interest in the Drexel disappearance.

Captain Vella says even though Taylor is a person of interest in the case, it doesn't mean the cases are directly related.

"We have no idea what happened to Brittanee so we can't connect that to say that's how it happened to say that somebody, you know, jumped out of a van and grabbed her, we don't have anything that says that, in this case we know what happened," Captain Vella explained.

A task force has now been formed across several law enforcement agencies to work to solve this case.

http://www.wmbfnews.com/story/134001...-disappearance
    :Banane37

29. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to RoseC For This Useful Post:

Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 ... LastLast