Website
www.facebook.com
A200301052W_199.jpg

Lyn
sie Leigh Ekelund

Endangered Missing

Missing From: Placentia, California

Missing Since: February 16, 2001

Age: 20 -- Height: 5'6"-5'7" -- Weight: 115 lbs -- Hair Color: Brown -- Eye Color: Hazel

Lynsie's nickname is Lyns. Her ears are pierced. She has a tracheotomy scar on her neck and two bedsore scars on the back of her neck. She has partial paralysis of her left arm and hand. She may wear eyeglasses.

Lynsie went to a party with friends in San Diego, California during the evening of February 15, 2001. A male friend drove her to near her family's residence in Placentia, California sometime between 3:30 and 4:00 am on February 16. She requested to be dropped off two houses away from her home to avoid waking her mother. She never arrived home and has never been heard from again.

NamUs

NCMA

Charley Project

Nine long years. Her mother waited nine long years to hear the fate of her very special child-her best friend and daughter. She vanished one February night, and the man driving the vehicle she was in claimed he dropped her off three houses from her home.

At one point, PPD came and dug up Lynsie's mom's back yard, sure that there was something about her story of conflict and worry that did not ring true.

She knew. She knew that the weak link was the story told by this man. She knew in her heart that something went wrong and he was involved.

Apparently PPD and OC Sheriff's office finally believed that too:
http://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2010/10/arrest_made_in_nine_-year-old.php

Lynsie was a grown up Zahra Baker-a child then a woman who had physical challenges that would have overwhelmed anyone without her heart.

RIP Lynsie-all my love and prayers to her mom who never stopped fighting for her.

The Bible and the TV Guide

On the table, side by side
The Holy Bible and the TV Guide
One is well worn and cherished with pride
No, not the Bible, But the TV Guide.
One is used daily to help folks decide;
No, not the Bible , it's the TV Guide.
As the pages are turned, what shall they see?
Oh, what does it matter, turn on the TV.
The confusion reigns; they all can't agree
On what they shall watch on the old TV.
So they open the book in which they confide.
No, not the Bible, The TV Guide.
The Word of God is seldom read,
Oh, maybe a verse as they fall into bed.
Exhausted and sleepy and tired as can be,
Not from reading the Bible, but from watching TV.
So then back to the table, side by side,
Is the Holy Bible and the TV Guide.
No time for prayer, no time for the Word.
The Plan of Salvation is seldom heard.
Forgiveness of sin, so full and free,
Is found in the Bible
and not on TV.

By Lynsie Ekelund - age 17
Student at El Dorado High School

Thank you Angelo. What a bright bright light she had.

Love to You

I’ve nothing else to offer
So, to you, it’s love I’ll send.
It’s nothing that I borrowed,
And it’s nothing that I’d lend.

It has no dollar value,
And it can’t be overused.
It isn’t fragile, so it can’t break,
Though, often, it’s abused.

I’ve given it to others,
But each time it’s unique,
It’s meaning’s always different,
It depends on what you seek.

It’s something you can store away,
To feel when you’re in need,
But never is it on display,
It’s beauty can’t be seen.

I’m giving it “no strings attached”,
No costly warranty,
This love that I am sending,
It’s a lifetime Guarantee.

--Written by Lynsie

Lynsie's mom included this in the Recipes for Hope cookbook she had made in 2002 to raise money for a reward.

Lynsie's poetry harkens back to the lovely and innocent poetry popular in the early 20th century. It's so sweet. IMO, we need more sweetness in this world. She really had a knack. Bless her.

Skeletal Remains In Bouquet Canyon Likely Those Of Fullerton Student

The skeletal remains of Fullerton College student Lynsie Ekelund were discovered yesterday on the grounds at LARC Ranch in Bouquet Canyon.

The Coroner has not officially identified the remains as those of Ekelund, but given information revealed by Placentia Police investigators and the circumstances of her discovery, it is likely that the bones found are those of the young woman. She was buried there after she was killed in a Whittier apartment by suspect Chris McAmis almost 10 years ago.

More: http://hometownstation.com/index.ph...010-11-14-10-54&catid=26:local-news&Itemid=97

"Last Wednesday, detectives interrogated McAmis with new evidence. According to McAmis, he had drove up Rose Drive in Placentia, dropped Lynsie off, and then went home. Recently discovered evidence from ATM cameras proved that this claim was not true.

After claiming to be innocent for nearly ten years, Christopher McAmis confessed to her murder. According to McAmis, he had strangled her during his attempt to rape Ekelund at his apartment in Whittier.

McAmis led authorities to the place where he said he buried her body. At about 8 a.m. on Wednesday morning, they began digging in a canyon in the Santa Clarita Valley."

http://www.fchornet.com/after-nearl...-made-in-case-of-missing-fc-student-1.1749834

It took almost 10 years to look at ATM cameras?
:mad:
RIP Lynsie

McAmis has been charged with the killing and is being prosecuted in Los Angeles County, where the slaying is believed to have occurred. His arraignment has been delayed until January.

Lynsie Ekelund was a bright young college student, a devout Christian with a love of animals and a physical handicap that left her both shy and deeply concerned for the welfare of others.

On Saturday, two months after authorities dug up her remains from a remote area of Santa Clarita, loved ones and concerned strangers came together at the Placentia Presbyterian Church to remember Ekelund not as the girl who disappeared, but as the girl with a "smile that would melt an iceberg."

Ekelund was nearly killed as a child after a drunken driver crashed into her family's car, and it took 28 surgeries to repair her small body, the Rev. David Throop said.

The accident left her partially paralyzed on the left side of her body, and an ensuing tracheotomy gave her a deep baritone voice that friends recalled as being in sharp contrast to her bright-eyed and innocent young face.

"It was a Lynsie trademark," Throop said.

What Ekelund wanted more than anything else was to be normal, Throop said.

Although she was sometimes teased by kids, she was a gentle protector of other children who were picked on, family friend Kimberly Keith said.

She was dedicated to helping others, so much so that she would fill her pockets with rocks to get herself to weigh the 107 pounds needed to be allowed to donate blood. The petite 100-pound girl donated blood regularly as a way of thanking those who had once saved her life, her mother said.

http://www.ocregister.com/news/ekelund-280876-friends-young.html

Nancy is my hero. I hope there is a resolution in here somewhere for those who love Lynsie. It is really hard for me not to be bitter, and I only walked a few steps with this family.

such a beautiful girl ... & she went through so much in her life

her murderer got 15 years to life? does that mean he could be out in 15 or less with good behaviour? I hope not

it should be life with absolutely no chance of parole ever!

such a beautiful girl ... & she went through so much in her life

her murderer got 15 years to life? does that mean he could be out in 15 or less with good behaviour? I hope not

it should be life with absolutely no chance of parole ever!

In spite of how well connected his father is (Friends with Arnie) it will be a tough sell to get him out. I hope. It was a DP crime and he would have been convicted. My hat is off to Nancy for accepting something less. Nancy hugged his wife at the arraignment-did you guys know that?

It is a classic story of the rich kid and the girl he thought was a throw away. :banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb
Back