1159 users online (297 members and 862 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New Interviews Planned in JonBenet Killing-Oct 3,2010

New interviews are planned in JonBenet Ramsey killing

Associated Press
    BOULDER, Colo. - Police investigating the death of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey are conducting a new round of interviews, based on recommendations from an advisory committee. The committee, which included investigators from state and federal agencies, met in 2009 after police took back the lead in the case from Boulder County prosecutors.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/world...#ixzz11I29sqWf
    Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ac/20101004/...ual_suspects_1

JonBenet Ramsey Case Renewal Just a Round-Up of the Usual Suspects?
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/395058...-today_people/

Investigators say they are launching a fresh round of interviews that could provide clues into who killed JonBenet Ramsey. Msnbc's Contessa Brewer talks with legal expert Craig Silverman.
    Ramsey case: "Instead of being the DNA of one person, they have instead created a composite of someone who does not exist. "

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jonbenet-ra...1792001&page=1

"I think there's always a chance with technology and confession," Schiller said of finding the killer. "I think there's a very, very big chance that the killer has passed on and no longer exists."

Schiller theorized that police are interested in speaking to Burke Ramsey not as a suspect but as someone who may have a childhood memory from that day that could be triggered by a new investigation.

"I think it's a matter of can they corroborate something they know about or that they suspect may lead them to a solution," Schiller said of the potential witnesses.

Investigators, he said, will also likely go back to the physical evidence in the case.

"Modern technology, what was missed, is there a witness that may have said something down the road that now has more meaning," he said. "It's a step-by-step process."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/n...tory?track=rss

Investigators have contacted several potential witnesses, including Burke Ramsey, JonBenet's brother.

Quote Originally Posted by madeleine View Post

"I think there's always a chance with technology and confession," Schiller said of finding the killer. "I think there's a very, very big chance that the killer has passed on and no longer exists."

Schiller theorized that police are interested in speaking to Burke Ramsey not as a suspect but as someone who may have a childhood memory from that day that could be triggered by a new investigation.

"I think it's a matter of can they corroborate something they know about or that they suspect may lead them to a solution," Schiller said of the potential witnesses.

Investigators, he said, will also likely go back to the physical evidence in the case.

"Modern technology, what was missed, is there a witness that may have said something down the road that now has more meaning," he said. "It's a step-by-step process."
    "Modern technology" only works when they are willing to test EVERYONE in JB's life - like every single person at every single Christmas party the week before she was killed. Old people and babies included!

Hmmmm.......
    "I think there's always a chance with technology and confession,"

So....maybe they found something (through tests) and hope to confront someone who will finally confess?What better way is there to crack someone than putting a report on the table which definitely shows evidence of guilt.

BBM

Yeah, I think the killer is dead too.

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    BBM

Yeah, I think the killer is dead too.

could they have been more obvious with that statement? not 'maybe' but a 'very, very big chance'. derrrr...
    OCCAM'S RAZOR : "All other things being equal, the simplest solution is the best."

And there was -- and is -- the political factor as well. Former District Attorney Mary Lacy exonerated the entire Ramsey family in 2008. Many close to the investigation feel as if it was an agenda-driven statement, and, even though Lacy used DNA evidence found at the scene that did not match a family member as basis, she shouldn't have publicly exonerated the family, whose involvement remains suspect.
    Not to rub it in, but I told you so.
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
    Passing Dave the salt

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ View Post
    Passing Dave the salt

Throw in some jalapeno and lemon juice!
    I'm as mad as HELL and I'm NOT gonna take it anymore!.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post

I think your comment is a little premature Dave. We still have to wait and see unfortunately.
    The discovery of additional matching DNA in the JonBenet Ramsey murder case is important information that raises more questions in the search for JonBenet's killer. The BPD concurs with the Boulder District Attorney's Office that this is a significant finding. The PD has continued to look diligently for the source of the foreign DNA, and to date, we have compared DNA samples taken from more than 200 people. Finding the source of the DNA is key to helping us determine who killed JonBenet

I'm not getting excited

I don't think much will come of this new round of questioning.

I don't think Burke is going to tell police about a mysterious one armed man in the basement. Nor do I think he's going to tell police that his mother came up from the basement with blood on her hands.

Burke doesn't know anything now that he didn't know at age 9. But he's had 14 years to transform actual memories into story arcs to help him make sense of what happened. The stories we tell ourselves profoundly influence "memory". Also his head has been filled with nonsense by LS and the R's spin team. I think there is almost no chance at all that Burke will provide anything for police to go on.

I think the police are just questioning people in the hopes that something will shake loose - which is fine, what else can they do? But I don't think anything will shake loose.

JR is the only person who can blow this wide open, and he's not going to give any info.
    I'm just playing detective here. I have no idea who killed JonBenet. It's just an opinion.

my bold

Here's one more in DNA-denial, living in the past. Speaks of the perp 'passing on' yet manages to avoid the subject of unknown male DNA completely, as if it doesn't exist. As if it can be disregarded by magical reasoning. Having written a book, not too surprising but just a little lame...

The strongest evidence of who killed JBR is the unknown male DNA. There's a 'very very big chance' it is owned by JBR's killer. We have no way to know that the DNA owner has passed on.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast