New Interviews Planned in JonBenet Killing-Oct 3,2010

angelwngs

Reaction score
New interviews are planned in JonBenet Ramsey killing

Associated Press
BOULDER, Colo. - Police investigating the death of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey are conducting a new round of interviews, based on recommendations from an advisory committee. The committee, which included investigators from state and federal agencies, met in 2009 after police took back the lead in the case from Boulder County prosecutors.

Read more: http://www.philly.com/inquirer/worl...in_JonBenet_Ramsey_killing.html#ixzz11I29sqWf
Watch sports videos you won't find anywhere else

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jonbenet-ramsey-death-fresh-round-interviews/story?id=11792001&page=1

"I think there's always a chance with technology and confession," Schiller said of finding the killer. "I think there's a very, very big chance that the killer has passed on and no longer exists."

Schiller theorized that police are interested in speaking to Burke Ramsey not as a suspect but as someone who may have a childhood memory from that day that could be triggered by a new investigation.

"I think it's a matter of can they corroborate something they know about or that they suspect may lead them to a solution," Schiller said of the potential witnesses.

Investigators, he said, will also likely go back to the physical evidence in the case.

"Modern technology, what was missed, is there a witness that may have said something down the road that now has more meaning," he said. "It's a step-by-step process."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jonbenet-ramsey-death-fresh-round-interviews/story?id=11792001&page=1

"I think there's always a chance with technology and confession," Schiller said of finding the killer. "I think there's a very, very big chance that the killer has passed on and no longer exists."

Schiller theorized that police are interested in speaking to Burke Ramsey not as a suspect but as someone who may have a childhood memory from that day that could be triggered by a new investigation.

"I think it's a matter of can they corroborate something they know about or that they suspect may lead them to a solution," Schiller said of the potential witnesses.

Investigators, he said, will also likely go back to the physical evidence in the case.

"Modern technology, what was missed, is there a witness that may have said something down the road that now has more meaning," he said. "It's a step-by-step process."

"Modern technology" only works when they are willing to test EVERYONE in JB's life - like every single person at every single Christmas party the week before she was killed. Old people and babies included!

Hmmmm.......
"I think there's always a chance with technology and confession,"

So....maybe they found something (through tests) and hope to confront someone who will finally confess?What better way is there to crack someone than putting a report on the table which definitely shows evidence of guilt.

BBM

Yeah, I think the killer is dead too.

And there was -- and is -- the political factor as well. Former District Attorney Mary Lacy exonerated the entire Ramsey family in 2008. Many close to the investigation feel as if it was an agenda-driven statement, and, even though Lacy used DNA evidence found at the scene that did not match a family member as basis, she shouldn't have publicly exonerated the family, whose involvement remains suspect.

Not to rub it in, but I told you so.

I don't think much will come of this new round of questioning.

I don't think Burke is going to tell police about a mysterious one armed man in the basement. Nor do I think he's going to tell police that his mother came up from the basement with blood on her hands.

Burke doesn't know anything now that he didn't know at age 9. But he's had 14 years to transform actual memories into story arcs to help him make sense of what happened. The stories we tell ourselves profoundly influence "memory". Also his head has been filled with nonsense by LS and the R's spin team. I think there is almost no chance at all that Burke will provide anything for police to go on.

I think the police are just questioning people in the hopes that something will shake loose - which is fine, what else can they do? But I don't think anything will shake loose.

JR is the only person who can blow this wide open, and he's not going to give any info.

my bold

Here's one more in DNA-denial, living in the past. Speaks of the perp 'passing on' yet manages to avoid the subject of unknown male DNA completely, as if it doesn't exist. As if it can be disregarded by magical reasoning. Having written a book, not too surprising but just a little lame...

The strongest evidence of who killed JBR is the unknown male DNA. There's a 'very very big chance' it is owned by JBR's killer. We have no way to know that the DNA owner has passed on.

I don't think much will come of this new round of questioning.

I don't think Burke is going to tell police about a mysterious one armed man in the basement. Nor do I think he's going to tell police that his mother came up from the basement with blood on her hands.

Burke doesn't know anything now that he didn't know at age 9. But he's had 14 years to transform actual memories into story arcs to help him make sense of what happened. The stories we tell ourselves profoundly influence "memory". Also his head has been filled with nonsense by LS and the R's spin team. I think there is almost no chance at all that Burke will provide anything for police to go on.

I think the police are just questioning people in the hopes that something will shake loose - which is fine, what else can they do? But I don't think anything will shake loose.

JR is the only person who can blow this wide open, and he's not going to give any info.

Chrishope,
My understanding is that the police are going to review all the dna evidence, including new samples harvested from crime-scene objects, they intend to analyse all the forensic evidence using touch-dna techniques. So if someone's touch-dna, Ramsey or not, appears at the crime-scene, an interview may be required.

Is there a list anywhere that shows everyone who has given dna samples? I wonder about Patsy's father, the Santa Claus Neighbor, I would love to see a list of all the people they already have samples on.

I think your comment is a little premature Dave. We still have to wait and see unfortunately.

Premature? Maybe. The pendulum certainly seems to be swinging back. That's secondary to what I was referring to about rubbing it in. I meant that whenever it was suggested that ML had an agenda, I was sneered at as a lunatic. It's harder to do that now that someone from inside the case has stated so in public. He's not the only one, not by a damn sight.

You deserve credit for that one, Dave. You have posted many times about Mary Lacy and her "agenda" and just about every IDI on this board has laughed it off. How can people continue to laugh it off? It would seem that IDI's cannot trust anything said by anyone that isn't pro-Ramsey.
Also, Schiller didn't disregard the DNA, what do you think he meant by "technology"? Unless there is another technological breakthrough that we are unaware of, he was probably referring to dna. How many years did it take for us to learn of the dna on the longjohns? They may very well have more dna from other objects.

You deserve credit for that one, Dave. You have posted many times about Mary Lacy and her "agenda" and just about every IDI on this board has laughed it off. How can people continue to laugh it off? It would seem that IDI's cannot trust anything said by anyone that isn't pro-Ramsey.
Also, Schiller didn't disregard the DNA, what do you think he meant by "technology"? Unless there is another technological breakthrough that we are unaware of, he was probably referring to dna. How many years did it take for us to learn of the dna on the longjohns? They may very well have more dna from other objects.

Test the darn CORD for goodness sake!!!!! Release the findings. THE CORD ...THE CORD!

.....heavy sigh.......

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77