NY NY - Tiffany Dixon, 12, Brooklyn, 10 Oct 1991

Kat

Kind words do not cost much
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 149DFNY

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/149dfny.html

Tiffany Madia Dixon
Missing since October 10, 1991 from Brooklyn, New York City, Kings County, New York
Classification: Endangered Missing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vital Statistics
•Date Of Birth: July 18, 1979
•Age at Time of Disappearance: 12 years old
•Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'2; 105 pounds
•Distinguishing Characteristics: White/Hispanic female. Black hair; brown eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Circumstances of Disappearance
Dixon was last seen walking her younger brother to school in Brooklyn, New York during the morning of October 10, 1991. After seeing him to the door, she continued to her own school, which was located three blocks away.
Dixon lived with her aunt on Hart Street in Bushwick and attended JHS 142 on Henry Street, in Carroll Gardens, where she was in the seventh grade.
Dixon never arrived for classes that day and she has never been heard from again.

Investigators
If you have any information concerning Dixon's whereabouts, please contact:
New York City Police Department
Missing Persons Unit
1-212-694-7781

NCMEC #: NCMC760721

NCIC Number: M-521433212
Please refer to this number when contacting any agency with information regarding this case.

Source Information: The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/dixon_tiffany.html
More details at link above.

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/6019/6/
NamUs Profile:
Dental: NA
DNA: NA
Fingerprints: NA

Could not locate any archived articles for Tiffany.

Tiffany has been missing almost 19 years. Come home soon sweetie.
(age progression to right, age notated at bottom of pic, just click on pic)

Attachments

• Tiffany Madia Dixon.bmp
    52.8 KB · Views: 18
  • Age-progressed image of Dixon at age 24 (circa 2004).bmp
    47.5 KB · Views: 16
Etan Patz is Not Alone: 15 Missing Child Cases in NYC Remain Unsolved

[snip]

On Oct. 10, 1991, Tiffany Madia Dixon, 12, disappeared after dropping her younger brother off at school in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn.

Read more: http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/201...child-cases-nyc-remain-unsolved#ixzz1v6sws9cC

image640x480.jpg

It's been 24 years since Tiffany was last seen. According to this recent article, authorities received very few leads at the time and have not said if they believe she is a victim of foul play or if she left on her own accord.

Why Didn't Tiffany Show up to School that October Day in 1991

http://www.nbcnews.com/feature/cold-case-spotlight/why-didnt-tiffany-show-school-october-day-1991-n442086

On the morning of October 10, 1991 Tiffany Dixon walked her younger brother to his elementary school in Brooklyn, New York. The 12-year-old left him at the door and headed the three or so blocks to her junior high school.

But Dixon never made it to class that day, and was never heard from again.

Living Without Their Tiffany - February 1999

http://www.nydailynews.com/archives/news/living-tiffany-article-1.824543

I believe that there must have been a sex offender living or working along that three-block stretch. I hope the police looked at everyone connected to those addresses. Even if the person hadn't been caught at that time, maybe he has since been fingered for some kind of sex crime.

Someone could have pulled her into a vehicle, but that would have been an extremely risky play in that area at that time of day. It's more likely that she was lured into a building.

I believe that there must have been a sex offender living or working along that three-block stretch. I hope the police looked at everyone connected to those addresses. Even if the person hadn't been caught at that time, maybe he has since been fingered for some kind of sex crime.

Someone could have pulled her into a vehicle, but that would have been an extremely risky play in that area at that time of day. It's more likely that she was lured into a building.

Google Maps

The street she went missing where the school is located. Very busy steeet and its actually VERY close to her own school. I agree with Ozoner's analysis. The perp must have been taking HUGE risks early that day with all these kids and parents around if he attempted to abduct a young girl. However, She seemed to be street smart and protective of her younger brothers. I believe whoever abducted her was no stranger to her. She knew him and he knew her daily routines. He lured her into a car, because he was not a stranger and she accepted. This is the only possability I think.

Since both her parents died months after her dissapearance it's possible that the police slept on her case. I wonder if there ever were any suspects.

Tiffany Madia Dixon – The Charley Project

Tiffany Madia Dixon
  • tiffany_madia_dixon_1.jpg
  • dixon_tiffany2.jpg
  • dixon_tiffany3.jpg
  • tiffany_madia_dixon_2.jpg
Tiffany, circa 1991; Age-progression to age 38 (circa 2017)

• Missing Since10/10/1991
  • Missing FromBrooklyn, New York
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth07/18/1979 (40)
  • Age12 years old
  • Height and Weight4'11 - 5'2, 105 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsHispanic female. Black hair, brown eyes. Tiffany's ears are pierced.
Details of Disappearance
Tiffany was last seen at approximately 7:30 a.m. on October 10, 1991 in the New York City borough of Brooklyn. She took her eight-year-old brother to Carroll Elementary School (also called P.S. 58) in the Carroll Gardens section of Brooklyn on First Place and Court Street.

Tiffany saw him to the door and began the three- to four-block walk P.S. Junior High School 142 on Henry Street for her own seventh-grade classes. She was last seen near the school at 8:00 a.m. She never arrived at class that day and has not been heard from again.

Tiffany resided with her aunt, Norma Delgado, on Hart Street in the Bushwick section of Brooklyn at the time of her disappearance. Her mother, Iris Franco, gave Tiffany and her two younger brothers over to Delgado's care when Tiffany was six years old, and Delgado assumed legal custody three years later. Franco died of AIDS only two months after Tiffany disappeared; Tiffany's father died of the same illness a few months later.

Delgado describes her niece as a responsible child who would not have left of her own accord. Tiffany was extremely close to and protective of both her younger brothers, and took the eight-year-old to school every day. She had dreamed of being a scientist when she grew up, but then changed her mind and decided to become a model instead. Her case remains unsolved.

Google Maps

The street she went missing where the school is located. Very busy steeet and its actually VERY close to her own school. I agree with Ozoner's analysis. The perp must have been taking HUGE risks early that day with all these kids and parents around if he attempted to abduct a young girl. However, She seemed to be street smart and protective of her younger brothers. I believe whoever abducted her was no stranger to her. She knew him and he knew her daily routines. He lured her into a car, because he was not a stranger and she accepted. This is the only possability I think.

Since both her parents died months after her dissapearance it's possible that the police slept on her case. I wonder if there ever were any suspects.

I agree with both of these assessments. I grew up in NYC and was almost 10 at the time, and I remember all the talk to us kids (both in school and at home) about how we needed to be aware of our surroundings, not talk to strangers or take anything from them, not approach unfamiliar cars, not fall for "lost pet" stories, etc. I mean, Home Alone had come out the year before, and I never forgot the line where the supermarket clerk asks for Kevin's address, and he says "I can't tell you that... because you're a stranger." So there was definitely an awareness of "strangers."

Of course crimes against kids still occurred, and when they did, that confirmed (at least for me) the seriousness of the warnings. I'm sure Tiffany would've felt the same way, so I doubt she would've done anything we had been warned not to do. Add to that the fact that she vanished in an area sandwiched between two schools at 8am, precisely when families would be out taking their kids to school. Taking someone by force or by incapacitating them would be super risky. This is why I agree it had to have been someone she knew, even if only in passing. If no one reported anything out of the ordinary, it's probably because it looked perfectly normal.

Goodness her brother was all alone at a very young age. I truly hope he is alive and well.

Also I am curious... anyone find it odd a young woman would shift her career goals from Scientist to Model at such a young age? Why? Was she groomed? Who made her think modeling would be a line of business... I know that she lived in New York but... for a young woman who has yet to sexually mature see herself in a body conscious way... one just has to ask..

I wish we had more people advocating for her. If her mother and father have passed, I wonder who else is still around to tell her story, speak her name. Surely she's out there somewhere. Even as a Jane doe?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back