Who Has Heard Burke's Voice on The 911 Tape?

Have You Heard Burke's Voice on 911 Tape??

• YES

Votes: 115 44.7%
  • NO

Votes: 82 31.9%
  • NOT SURE

Votes: 60 23.3%

• Total voters

Ames

Reaction score
Before I even knew what FFJ was...and barely knew that the internet was...I heard the 911 tape, being played on a TV show. Pretty sure it was Giraldo's morning show. Anyway, there was a young sounding male voice...saying..."What did you find?", and an older male voice saying.."We are not speaking to you". It was clear as a bell. IMO...Burke overheard the 911 call, and Patsy saying that she had found something..(the RN), and so he walked into the room saying.."What did you find?" Then John says, "We are not speaking to you". He sounds somewhat upset at Burke. Kind of like...mind your own business. Anyway...I would like to know who else has heard this tape for themselves. I know of at LEAST 3 other posters.
Thanks!

i put not sure as it has been a while since i listerned to it and though there is definatly a voice in the background i'm not sure if it was burke.

i put not sure as it has been a while since i listerned to it and though there is definatly a voice in the background i'm not sure if it was burke.

Well to be honest...I can't say with 100 percent accuracy that it was Burke either, just a process of elimination. Unless there was another young male in the house at the time of the 911 call. Never heard anything about this, so I highly doubt it....chances are...it was Burke.

I've heard about it for years. I think I may have even heard a 're-enactment" on Geraldo. I tried cranking the volume myself and got nadda.

A few years ago, wasn't Trisha supposed to have a copy enhanced and she was gonna post it? I could swear I read that....

so my answer is, NOPE. But I would love to hear it for myself

Well to be honest...I can't say with 100 percent accuracy that it was Burke either, just a process of elimination. Unless there was another young male in the house at the time of the 911 call. Never heard anything about this, so I highly doubt it....chances are...it was Burke.

Heyya Ames,

iirc, A couple years ago, listened to some online audio of a purported enhanced tape and was unable to distinguish anything but garble.

"We are not speaking to you".

For sure, "you", could also refer to BR + someone else. a twosome.

Something else I find VERY odd about the 911 call. It may be just me, but I would never be so formal as to say, "our daughter" ....I know me, I would say "MY."

It sounds as if she's desperate to include John as if to say we're in this together.

I found the post at FFJ from Trisha posted February 5, 2004

Tricia[/SIZ"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

Administrator

icon1.gif

Shadow it's great you are skeptical. That's what we love about you.
hug.gif

When I contacted my lab guy he was very busy with court cases. He is working on the tape in-between his court work.

He has already been paid. He is quite curious about the tape. I have filled him in on the case. He was pretty much out of the loop. It's what's under Patsy's "help me Jesus" that he is working on. I fully expect a report next week. Hopefully by Wednesday.

Tricia
Tricia[/SIZE"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
user_offline.gif

I've read the whole thread and there is a link waaay later, but it is broken! Anyone have the report or the enhanced copy???

No.I listened to the enchanced version last year but nada.

Something else I find VERY odd about the 911 call. It may be just me, but I would never be so formal as to say, "our daughter" ....I know me, I would say "MY."

It sounds as if she's desperate to include John as if to say we're in this together.

I found the exact same thing odd about the entire book, DOI. Every single pronoun was we/our. It stood out to me as really weird.

I found this

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/The-911-Call#Contentsof911Call

Contents of 911 Call

Audio Analyses of 911 Tape

There have been 9 audio analyses of the 911 tape used to determine whether there are additional voices that can be recovered from garbled portions of the tape.

And even if it's true,BR being awake and on the 911 call tape.To me that doesn't change anything.Their lawyers probably advized them that it's best for him to say he was asleep.Saved him from lots of stupid questions.I would have said the same about my kid to be honest.To me BR being heard on the tape doesn't mean absolutely nothing re their guilt or innocence.It's just protecting him.No big deal.

And even if it's true,BR being awake and on the 911 call tape.To me that doesn't change anything.Their lawyers probably advised them that it's best for him to say he was asleep.Saved him from lots of stupid questions.I would have said the same about my kid to be honest.To me BR being heard on the tape doesn't mean absolutely nothing re their guilt or innocence.It's just protecting him.No big deal.

It means they are liars, and if they lie about something so simple, what else are they lying about?

Patsy Ramsey, "hold your babies close" and then sends her child off to the Steins....then off to school with no bodyguards. and STILL doesn't set the house alarm!

EVERYTHING about them reeks of deception

I definitely heard a second voice. I didn't hear a third voice (JR) though - just Burke, or rather "another voice." I couldn't make out what he said, however. His (Burke's) voice is at the same time as her repeating "help me, Jesus."

Just want to clarify the term "enhanced" in regards to the 911 tapes.

What was put online by various interested parties, from their own research, "enhancements", etc., is NOT the actual "enhanced tape" that the BPD has.

The BPD "enhanced tape" was created from the original by a state-of-the-art tech company, Aerospace, back in the beginning years of the investigation and has never been released by the BPD or the BDA.

However, copies of it were apparently pirated and released to a media company, the one which produced some of the TV programs of that day like Geraldo, some entertaintment news shows, etc. They played this "enhanced tape" on a couple of shows for single episodes, then pulled them and "disappeared" them like magic. Poof!

It's been argued for years and years by those who don't want to believe this happened that those of us who saw/heard those shows are wrong. Don't care: I know what I watched and heard.

The closest I've ever gotten to knowing what happened is when one person who saw/heard the "enhanced tape" played the night I did, on Geraldo's evening "talking heads" show, wrote on another forum that she not only heard it, but intended to tape it when the "replay" came on later in the morning repeats. When she was ready and the show came on, she said there was a "message" that there was some problem with the content and the show had been edited, etc. So the playing of the tape was edited out, and it's also edited out of the transcript of that show.

My guess is that the BPD/BDA/Team Ramsey/someone scary went nuclear because Burke was still a minor then, and it's important evidence in an unsolved case. So they must have contacted the media company and read them the riot act, convincing with their threats of legal action. Poof!

As to your poll: I didn't vote because I can't say whose voices I heard. I did hear those voices on the enhanced tape, and while I couldn't say exactly what was said, the voices were there, a stern, deep one addressing someone with a high-pitched one, which sounded pleading in some way.

That's it.

I think we have evidence it was Burke, though, because a judge in Colorado forced Alex Hunter to turn over a copy of the "911 call" (not the enhanced tape, however) to Burke's lawyer before Burke testified before the grand jury. That was the law in Co. at the time, that anyone who testified before the grand jury first got a copy of all statements they'd made related to the case, including those others SAID they made, and including a tape with someone speaking on it believed to be Burke, obviously.

Then the Ramseys seem to have feared this coming out, as well. So they apparently decided to get ahead of it and used the one stipulation they gave to the tabloid company they settled with in their suit on behalf of Burke (against The Globe), that they'd give an interview to one of the company's tabloids. It was in that interview, with the Nat. Enquirer, owned by the same media co., they revealed for the first time that oh, by the way, Burke was awake that morning and they didn't know about it until 2 years later, when Burke testified to that before the grand jury.

And for the record, the Ramseys and their shills were again allowed to know what went on in the "secret" grand jury proceedings, though Alex Hunter said he'd arrest anyone who crossed that line--except, he didn't when Team Ramsey clearly did so, including having a grand juror talk on camera in Schiller's documentary which aired the night Patsy was buried. Many shills for the Ramseys have spun through the years what "happened" in the grand jury hearings and proceedings. But WE do not know, and they can lie and spin to their heart's content because it's "secret"...but I digress....

So, that's all I got.

It means they are liars, and if they lie about something so simple, what else are they lying about?

That's the thing, isn't it? If you lie about one thing, people can assume you're lying about everything.

Patsy Ramsey, "hold your babies close" and then sends her child off to the Steins....then off to school with no bodyguards. and STILL doesn't set the house alarm!

EVERYTHING about them reeks of deception

Pretty transparent at that.

Before I even knew what FFJ was...and barely knew that the internet was...I heard the 911 tape, being played on a TV show. Pretty sure it was Giraldo's morning show. Anyway, there was a young sounding male voice...saying..."What did you find?", and an older male voice saying.."We are not speaking to you". It was clear as a bell. IMO...Burke overheard the 911 call, and Patsy saying that she had found something..(the RN), and so he walked into the room saying.."What did you find?" Then John says, "We are not speaking to you". He sounds somewhat upset at Burke. Kind of like...mind your own business. Anyway...I would like to know who else has heard this tape for themselves. I know of at LEAST 3 other posters.
Thanks!
bolded in red by me
I haven't listen to the tapes in a long while, and don't remember this part and haven't followed case that close. Could he had meant it as "No son we are not speaking to you right now we are talking on the phone".......... ?
If things were crazy at the moment DR could have sounded rough or rude but didn't mean it in that way.
We all know how kids will come in a room and interrupt while on the phone.
Just a thought.

And even if it's true,BR being awake and on the 911 call tape.To me that doesn't change anything.Their lawyers probably advized them that it's best for him to say he was asleep.Saved him from lots of stupid questions.I would have said the same about my kid to be honest.To me BR being heard on the tape doesn't mean absolutely nothing re their guilt or innocence.It's just protecting him.No big deal.

It IS a big deal. For one, when your daughter has been murdered, and your son may have seen/heard something, there are no stupid questions!
Unless whatever your son may have seen/heard implicated his parents.
Lawyers should not have been advising their clients to LIE, regardless of how "easier" it made things. And yes, to LIE so easily about something that could have yielded important clues means they'd certainly LIE about other things.
They feared he'd be asked about drinking the tea, or did he witness JB eating PINEAPPLE. Or did he see JB walking into the house as he had said. THERE is the #1 reason they wanted LE to believe BR was sleeping.
I can't imagine anything stupid about questions like "BR, can you tell us if you saw any lights on or off, noises in and around JB's room, doors closing, activity in the kitchen, someone on the stairs?"
This family had something to hide. End of story.

Remember the Elizabeth Smart case? Eventually her little sister, asleep in the same room, came forward and told that she had seen the man who took her sister and that she recognized him as being someone who did some work around their house. That led to Elizabeth's rescue, as police then focused on the handyman who had, in fact, taken her. The little sister was younger than BR was at the time JB was killed, I believe.

I did hear the enhanced audio in which you could hear the third voice. I can't swear that it was Burke, but really, who else could it have been? I have tried saying "we're not speaking to you" in the same tone of voice just to see if I can interpret how JR meant it and the only thing I can come up with is that BR walked into this with no knowledge of what was going on and JR just brushed him off, knowing they would explain to him what he needed to say to LE later.

bolded in red by me
I haven't listen to the tapes in a long while, and don't remember this part and haven't followed case that close. Could he had meant it as "No son we are not speaking to you right now we are talking on the phone".......... ?
If things were crazy at the moment DR could have sounded rough or rude but didn't mean it in that way.
Just a thought.

I don't think JR meant it in the sense that "We are not speaking to you because we are ANGRY at you", but rather "We are not speaking to you AT THIS MOMENT."

bolded in red by me
Just a thought.

Yeah, could be. The point is though....that the Ramsey's said that Burke was asleep at the time. How can he be up and asking questions...if he is asleep. You are probably right about why John said what he did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82
Back