1261 users online (283 members and 978 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IN - Rensselaer, WhtMale UP11379, SK victim, 'Arlene' on Zippo lighter, Mar'82

There is not a DoeNet or NamUs case file on this victim.

He was brought up on the "Adam" and "Brad" Doe thread.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - IN IN - "Adam" and "Brad" Doe, Lake Village, Newton Cty, Larry Eyler victims - Oct. 1983

To avoid discussion of multiple UID's on the same thread I am starting this thread.

The victim is mentioned in this article:

http://www.wthitv.com/dpp/news/local...r-murder-spree

The third victim was 24-years-old. He had reddish brown hair and was wearing a gray hooded sweatshirt. Police believe he was picked up in the Vincennes area. He was later found on November 20th 1982. In his pocket was a black and silver zippo lighter with the name "Arlene" engraved on it.
    The article incorrectly states that the victim was found with the remains of "Adam" and "Brad" Doe in Newton County. The Newton County Coroner has clarified that this victim was found in Jasper County.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-20-2014 at 02:56 AM.

For starters, here an MP that seems to be a reasonable possible for this Doe:

Leon Moncer
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moncer_leon.html

His hair color fits the description, and he is a cigarette smoker (corresponding to the zippo lighter in the pocket).
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    For starters, here an MP that seems to be a reasonable possible for this Doe:

Leon Moncer
    http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/moncer_leon.html

His hair color fits the description, and he is a cigarette smoker (corresponding to the zippo lighter in the pocket).

What I noticed is that Leon's exwife name according to his Charley Project profile is "Irene", and if the zippos lighter had the name "Arlene" engraved on it... those two names are close... wonder if either the Charley page or the description of the zippo lighter are wrong.. just a thought..
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 10:33 PM.

That looks like a very good possibility.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

CarlK90245 - Leon looks promising, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by chaddylex View Post
    What I noticed is that Leon's exwife name according to his Charley Project profile is "Irene", and if the zippos lighter had the name "Arlene" engraved on it... those two names are close... wonder if either the Charley page or the description of the zippo lighter are wrong.. just a thought..
    I noticed that too and thought maybe the daughter's name was "Arlene", but I found this article which states the daughter is named Julie: http://wtrf.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=31406

So going back to Chaddylex's theory it could be possible that since the newspaper article messed up the location the Doe was found perhaps they also misstated the name on the lighter? Is there anyway to find out more info on this?

Depending on the script used for the engraving, I can see misreading "Irene" as "Arlene." And it might refer to a different woman, since it appears Leon and Irene had been separated for some time when he disappeared.

While sending a follow-up e-mail on a possible match submitted for Brad Doe, I also mentioned Leon Moncer as a possible match to this case. I acknowledged that I understood he wasn't in the same county, but his name is listed in the online article as the contact for all three unidentified Eyler-victim John Does. He responded by indicating the following:

Hi Carl;

yes you are correct that there is the one John Doe in Jasper County. The coroner over there and I are friends and meet every month to discuss these and other cases, so I will be happy to pass the info along to him. We have set up a "mini task-force" if you will which includes myself, Andy (Jasper County Coroner) and Dave (Indiana State Police Detective). We meet every month regardless of any new developments so that we keep these cases in the forefront of our minds and they do not end up on a shelf somewhere like has happened in the past.

So please keep the info coming and I will keep you updated as things progress.

Thanks so much for your interest and help;

Scott

It's good to hear these guys talking about these cases and others seriously. And it's good to know they appreciate you. Thanks again!

I received another reply from Scott McCord regarding Leon Moncer:

Hi Carl;

Just wanted to keep you in the loop....we have been in contact with the police in Ohio and they are sending dental records for Leon to us for comparison to both the Jasper and Newton County cases. I will let you know if something comes of it.

Thanks;

Scott

They just added photos to Clay Foreman's previously photo-less NamUs casefile.

Clay Foreman
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9344/3

I'm thinking that he might be worth a look as a possible to the Jasper County Doe.

BTW, I think that the 60" height notation in NamUs is incorrect. That's suspiciously short for a 19-year old male. They probably meant 6-Feet (i.e., 72 inches).

I kicked off an e-male to Scott McCord to give him a heads up on this case as a possible to the Jasper Doe and Brad Doe.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    They just added photos to Clay Foreman's previously photo-less NamUs casefile.

Clay Foreman
    https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/9344/3

I'm thinking that he might be worth a look as a possible to the Jasper County Doe.

BTW, I think that the 60" height notation in NamUs is incorrect. That's suspiciously short for a 19-year old male. They probably meant 6-Feet (i.e., 72 inches).

I kicked off an e-male to Scott McCord to give him a heads up on this case as a possible to the Jasper Doe and Brad Doe.
    I sent an e-mail to the detective in charge of Clay Foreman's casefile to verify whether Clay's height info was correct. He says that Clay was 5'8". Not 60 inches, as indicated in NamUs.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 03-14-2013 at 10:37 PM.

How many vicitims of this loser is still unidentified? I read a book about him years ago...........from time to time i'll google his name to see if anything new comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gretchen21 View Post
    How many vicitims of this loser is still unidentified?
    There are three including this John Doe. The other two are known as "Adam Doe" and "Brad Doe".

IN IN- "Adam" 999UMIN and "Brad" 1384UMIN Doe, 18 Oct. 1983 - Larry Eyler victims
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 02-25-2015 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Fixed bad link

Did you ever hear back about Leon Moncer or Clay Foreman?

Bumping-no action on this since 2009.

Bumping this up-no action since 2009. Discussion of this UID as possible SK Eyler victim according to previous posts.
    Where is Shawn Hale? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/7546/0/ Missing from Apple Valley CA since 11/04/1994

Where is Michelle Crawford? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/14428/0/ Missing from Lawton, OK since 06/08/1999

Where is Jennifer Lee Schmidt? https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/4822/0/ (Missing From West Lafayette IN(Purdue University) since 08/06/85.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast