Dog Helps Save Man's Life

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
Posted: 12:12 am EDT October 3, 2010Updated: 1:12 pm EDT October 4, 2010
XENIA, Ohio -- A dog is being credited with helping save the life of a man who wandered away from a retirement home on Friday.The dog, Buck, spotted a man lying unconscious in a ditch while the dog and his owner were on a walk in Xenia."I thought there might have been a cat or something down in the ditch or another animal," Joe Fankell, Buck's owner said. "He wouldn't leave. He started pacing and looking down in the ditch."Fankell says that's when he gave in and found the man in the ditch.
http://www.whiotv.com/news/25258232/detail.html?cxntlid=cmg_cntnt_rss

I love stories like this one...

Thanks for sharing!

awww, thank you for sharing

the best kinda story to go to bed thinking about (-;

Good Boy Buck, you get a biscuit or three!!!!!

Love those stories....

aw thanks you for posting Linus, I so needed a bit of a pick me up today. :)

Lab's are so amazing! I have one too! A black one and she is very very protective of my husband who has serious health problems. She "tells" me when he is sick. :angel: Before he or I even realize it!

Mine does the funniest/cutest thing in the mornings- when I or my daughter go to hug my husband goodbye for the day, our labby walks right in between us, to get in on the "pack hug"!!!

Good boy, Buck! Dogs are so special. One of my dogs, an elderly Border Collie/Shepherd cross, never left my late husband's side when he was sick. Smokie would alert me when his oxygen tube fell out of his nose or when he needed help. She "slept" on the floor beside his bed, but was always aware of him, awake or asleep, and followed him all night long when he could not sleep in the bed. My husband is in the Spirit World (Heaven) now, and I know when Smokie passes she will be reunited with him. God bless man's (and woman's) four-legged friends!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back