TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

I just heard that Durst may have Asperger's Syndrome. That is very interesting. Does anyone know any more about this possibility? Does it seem realistic, or just a defense ploy?

I didn't notice this trial until today, Tuesday, when Henning was on the stand, couldn't understand what she was saying, so I went to the Court TV forums and saw the letter.

So was the motive so they could freeze the neighbor? I'm not all that interested that I'd read all the links, just looking for a shortcut. She's evidently trying to enlist Durst in a plan she says a top CIA hacker is involved in. That relieving people of their souls is spiritual, Bush is a reptillian, tells Durst to check his cranial xrays for small crystals which can hear or see what you do. Anyone know where LE got this letter? If not I may have to read some more.

I am flabbergasted!!

Robert Durst has been found
"NOT Guilty" of 1st degree murder.

The disappearance and very probable murder of Durst's 1st wife will most likely never bring charges against this psychopath.

What a huge mistake the district attys office made in going for broke. 1st degree murder - period. No lesser included charges available for the jury to consider.

Too much important info that the jury was never allowed to hear or consider.

In addition ..Jury instructions, IMO .. are so predudicial toward finding the defendant "not guilty" that they have a tendency to tie the hands of the jury.

Another "monied" but very dangerous defendant walks to freedom ... but hey - that's our justice & jury system at work.

Today's verdict is very disappointing!

Rummy

I'm winging it here. Have no idea if I'm doing this right. Please forgive me and delete if it's wrong.
With that said, he's the millionaire cross-dresser that killed and chopped up his neighbor and threw his body in the bay here. They interupted the morning shows to say the jury found him NOT GUILTY. Unreal! He said that he shot him in self-defense then freaked out and couldn't lift his body to hide it so chopped it up! Can you really go free and serve NO time for doing that kind of thing? Only in Texas I do believe!

I just posted under Crimes in the News, or something similar. I live in Houston so this is a huge deal here every single day since jury selection began. Everyone is just shocked that he was found not guilty. They are immediately, according to the news, bringing other charges, but who cares! In the end he killed a 71 year old man, mean and ugly or not, he's dead and this guy walked out of the courthouse this morning FREE!. I'm ashamed to say it happened here.

If that jury can let that guy go...what the hell is going on....we have to count on 12 morons to convict Scott...I swear we need professional juries....this is too much :nono: :dontknow:

Originally posted by smellsarat
If that jury can let that guy go...what the hell is going on....we have to count on 12 morons to convict Scott...I swear we need professional juries....this is too much :nono: :dontknow:

I couldn't believe it! Go on to courttv.com and look at his face as the verdict is read. He's even speechless. Very scarey that they are letting this guy back out onto the streets.

He is wanted for jumping bail though in regards to his wife's murder. Maybe he won't be out for long. But God knows what he can do during that time.

:dontknow:

He even admitted to chopping the body up,and he's not guilty!!! I'm am scared that Scott truellywill get away with it! Please let the prosecution have something big.There is something seriously wrong here!

OMG, I was watching as they read the verdict. The man looked truly stunned to hear "not guilty". I agree that something is very wrong here!

As I live in Houston (about 45 min. from Galveston) I too was very shocked when I heard the news because we are usually very strict when it comes to murders. My jaw dropped like his. LOL He had the right counsel. He's the one I'd hire if I got into criminal mischief. I'm sure Jeanne Pirro the DA in New York will keep delving into the disappearance of his 1st wife, Kathy, 20 years ago. That's what started this whole thing. Also, his best friend, (supposedly) Susan Berman's murder in Los Angeles a few years back.

I have been following this case also and am very surprised by this verdict. Obviously Mr. Durst is also very surprised by looking at his facial expressions. I am sure he expected to be found guilty. I don't know what those jurors were thinking about. Unbelievable!!

Originally posted by smellsarat

Professional jurors, I totally agree.

He sounds like such a low-life creep - why can't they still get him for cutting up the body and fleeing? And Andrea Yates sits in prison on the border of psychosis; she needs to be in a mental hospital. I guess maybe Andrea should have been a millionaire?

Originally posted by kato
As I live in Houston (about 45 min. from Galveston) I too was very shocked when I heard the news because we are usually very strict when it comes to murders. My jaw dropped like his. LOL He had the right counsel. He's the one I'd hire if I got into criminal mischief. I'm sure Jeanne Pirro the DA in New York will keep delving into the disappearance of his 1st wife, Kathy, 20 years ago. That's what started this whole thing. Also, his best friend, (supposedly) Susan Berman's murder in Los Angeles a few years back.

Two extremely wealthy Texans have now scurried free in Texas from murder raps where the prosecutors seemed to have a very solid case. Cullen Davis did it twice and now Robert Durst.

I am not going to comment on the Durst verdict, because I do not know what all of the evidence presented at trial was. But if I was on the Cullen Davis jury, I would have thrown the key away on that creep for sure.

And, for the record, I never would have convicted Darlie Routier (not rich).

Your right bluehawaii25. The look on his face was definetly saying "OH MY GOSH! I BEAT THE SYSTEM. HOW DID I DO THAT?"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back