Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CA - AMBER ALERT - Elisa Cardenas, age 8, Fresno, 5 October 2010

This is totally awesome. Way to go to, I am so proud of the citizen who didn't just look the other way as so often happens. They put themselves out there so unselfishly and did what they needed to do to help save this baby. Thank you God for putting this person in the right place at the right time.
    I really needed to hear some good news today. So on the note I'm off of here for now no need to mess up a good thing.
    JUSTICE IS COMING HALEIGH AND CAYLEE

YOU GOT TO LOVE JUDGE STRICKLAND
    At it's core, the defense counsel's motion accuses the undersigned of being a "self aggrandizing media hound". Indeed. The irony is rich.

Motion granted.

Stan Strickland
    Circuit Judge

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to butterfly1978 For This Useful Post:

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=13271167

Police have identified the suspect as Greg Gonzalez. Officers say Gonzalez was positively identified as the suspect by a witness.

Elisa, described by Dyer as being frightened and traumatized, was taken to Community Regional Medical center in good condition.

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

That good samaritan is a HERO. He most likely saved that little girls life and god knows what else from happening to her. She truly has an angel looking out for her. Bless you little Elisa!

Out of all the laws that have come from child abductions, it is wonderful to see one in action that is really working. Living in California my phone started lighting up with text messages regarding the Amber Alert late last night and it continued with updates until this morning when it was called off. It was on every tv and radio station.

Elisa is safe and if I were Amber Schwartz's parents right now I would be feeling as though little Amber had finally gotten some vindication.

6. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to sfbaynancydrew For This Useful Post:

The suspect was identifed as Gregorio Gonzalez, 24, of Fresno.

That good Samaritan's name is Victor.

He and his cousin, Flor, who live near Thesta and Hammond avenues, just blocks from where Elisa was kidnapped, had been watching news coverage of her abduction Tuesday morning when they heard a car outside.

Flor says, "We looked through the window and saw the truck."

Flor says she didn't know what to think at the time, but her cousin, Victor, didn't hesitate.

She says they had a big hunch because of what they had just watched on the news and "My cousin, I didn't even tell him to go and he went behind him..."

Victor followed the truck to Thesta and Peralta just north of McKinley where Victor and the suspect exchanged words.

Flor says her cousin told her that he said "Let go of that little girl" and the suspect responded, "No, no, that's my little girl", but her cousin insisted "No, that's not your little girl".

Flor says she thanks God that Elisa's picture had been all over the television because "otherwise, sometimes you're not sure."

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing_...717&feedID=806

8. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

SO glad she was found safe! I read this earlier this morning and felt absolutely sick, and really didn't think it would have a happy ending.

But what an ending indeed! That her safety and rescue was facilitated by members of the informed public says both that these alerts work, and people ARE willing to get involved.

And we need many, many more of these happy endings.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nobodyspecial For This Useful Post:

Good Samaritans Praised for Rescuing Abducted Girl

Authorities in California are crediting two "good Samaritans" with helping in the safe return of Elisa Cardenas after the 8-year-old girl was abducted Monday outside her Fresno home.

"I want to say thank you to the citizens of Fresno and the good Samaritans," Police Chief Jerry Dyer told reporters. "They are heroes."

http://www.aolnews.com/nation/articl...denas/19661625

Yes they are heroes!!! So glad that Elisa is safe!!!
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

BBM:

The suspect was found a short time later and is in police custody. He is 24 year old Gregorio Gonzalez of Fresno. Police say the girl was the victim of a sexual assault.

I'm so sorry little Elisa!

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Abu...104342493.html
    Last edited by TexasLil; 10-05-2010 at 04:00 PM.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLil View Post
    BBM:

The suspect was found a short time later and is in police custody. He is 24 year old Gregorio Gonzalez of Fresno. Police say the girl was the victim of a sexual assault.

I'm so sorry little Elisa!

http://www.ksee24.com/news/local/Abu...104342493.html

Anybody know how to find his rap sheet? Some of it may be sealed if previous crimes were committed while he was a minor.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TGIRecovered For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.

CA - AMBER ALERT - Elisa Cardenas, age 8, Fresno, 5 October 2010

I hate to hear she was assaulted but I figured as much. I'm sure that took place shortly after he snatched her.

May she heal completly.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

18. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    Anybody know how to find his rap sheet? Some of it may be sealed if previous crimes were committed while he was a minor.
    I've checked the Fresno County Courts and can't find anything. Offenses as a minor would be sealed but he's 24 and, with this crime, I find it hard to believe there haven't been other offenses.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

What an amazing story with a wonderful outcome. This citizen who cut off the suspect's truck is a true hero! It's so nice to hear there are still people in this world who would do this sort of thing. Truly amazing. I hope Elisa recovers quickly from the shock of it all and pray that she had not been abused in any way before she was recovered.
    Last edited by Misfitdolly; 10-05-2010 at 04:15 PM. Reason: I now see where it says she was sexually assaulted. Praying for healing for Elisa.

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Misfitdolly For This Useful Post:

He looks like hell.

What I really feel like saying might get me banned, so I'll refrain.

25. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Live Press Conference Happening now... says Gonzalez was a member of the "Bulldog" gang.

http://abclocal.go.com/kfsn/livenow?id=7707753

27. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

The suspect was identifed as Gregorio Gonzalez, 24, of Fresno.

That good Samaritan's name is Victor.

He and his cousin, Flor, who live near Thesta and Hammond avenues, just blocks from where Elisa was kidnapped, had been watching news coverage of her abduction Tuesday morning when they heard a car outside.

Flor says, "We looked through the window and saw the truck."

Flor says she didn't know what to think at the time, but her cousin, Victor, didn't hesitate.

She says they had a big hunch because of what they had just watched on the news and "My cousin, I didn't even tell him to go and he went behind him..."

Victor followed the truck to Thesta and Peralta just north of McKinley where Victor and the suspect exchanged words.

Flor says her cousin told her that he said "Let go of that little girl" and the suspect responded, "No, no, that's my little girl", but her cousin insisted "No, that's not your little girl".

Flor says she thanks God that Elisa's picture had been all over the television because "otherwise, sometimes you're not sure."

http://www.kmjnow.com/pages/landing_...717&feedID=806
    BBM
    The predator said 'that's my girl' and the good samaritan knew she wasn't from all the pictures on TV he had seen. He could easily have been killed by a gun shot. This man is truly a hero.
    Please think long and hard before calling a child a 'run-a-way':
    You might be giving a 'perk' to the 'perp'.

Democracy requires the occasional necessity of deferring to the opinions of other people. (Winston Churchill)

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to eyes4crime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by eyes4crime View Post
    BBM
    The predator said 'that's my girl' and the good samaritan knew she wasn't from all the pictures on TV he had seen. He could easily have been killed by a gun shot. This man is truly a hero.
    I agree and this is an excellent example of how wide media coverage can truly pay off to save a life. There are so many cases we see that get very little media attention and the victims aren't as lucky as Elisa. I hate that she was sexually assaulted but thankful her life was spared.

The samaritan definitely put his life on the line for this little girl! Members of the bulldog gang are known to carry weapons. He is truly heroic in my book too!

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by swanniee11 View Post
    Wow, this has changed, 1st they said he went without incident, now this POI has been shot twice, not life threatening. ( a shame) He had a knife on him. Police thought he was getting a out a gun. Police shot 3-5 times. Greg Gonzalez was 25, recently (last week) discharged from parole. Was on a bicycle, hid behind bushes. Was a member of the gang called "bulldog".
    Swanniee,

I deleted the link as I believe they changed the video and were describing another gang member arrest. The Gonzalez arrest did go without incident and he was not on a bicycle at the time. Sorry for any confusion. I'll try to find the Gonzalez press conference and post the link.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

I agree and this is an excellent example of how wide media coverage can truly pay off to save a life. There are so many cases we see that get very little media attention and the victims aren't as lucky as Elisa. I hate that she was sexually assaulted but thankful her life was spared.

The samaritan definitely put his life on the line for this little girl! Members of the bulldog gang are known to carry weapons. He is truly heroic in my book too!
    The good Samaritan might wish to remain anonymous, for his own safety.
    These gang members are ruthless. Who knows what kind of retaliation they might attempt?

I'd also like to know the immigration status of the suspect.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Swanniee,

I deleted the link as I believe they changed the video and were describing another gang member arrest. The Gonzalez arrest did go without incident and he was not on a bicycle at the time. Sorry for any confusion. I'll try to find the Gonzalez press conference and post the link.

Thank you, I went back and listened again but there was no name with that press conference. I was thinking WOW, they went from him being in the car with no incident and now he's been shot twice and was on a bike. Geezzz, could they get it anymore wrong. lol... Thanks for clearing that up for me. I have deleted my original email so as to not confuse anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeFromLB View Post
    The good Samaritan might wish to remain anonymous, for his own safety.
    These gang members are ruthless. Who knows what kind of retaliation they might attempt?

I'd also like to know the immigration status of the suspect.
    LE especially wants him to remain anonymous to protect the prosecution of the case as well. If I were him I surely wouldn't want the 4,000 member bulldog gang aware of who I was either.

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TexasLil For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    LE especially wants him to remain anonymous to protect the prosecution of the case as well. If I were him I surely wouldn't want the 4,000 member bulldog gang aware of who I was either.
    Hmmm.... his name is still on some news websites. He was actually interviewed and told how it happened. Earlier, it had the name of his cousin as well, who was with him.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    From http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/05...est=latestnews

Fresno Police Chief Jerry Dyer says the child told investigators that 24-year-old Gregorio Gonzalez took her to a wooded area near a canal and sexually assaulted her after kidnapping her Monday night.

It could have turned out much worse, however... So glad she was found safe. I can only imagine what she went through during the night, as well as her family.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to belimom For This Useful Post:

So many young children taken this way by these sick ..... fill in the blanks. Thank God this little one was able to return home. And thank these normal citizens that had been watching the news and acting upon swiftly what they saw. If only more would react to the unusual whether it be big or small, just one more missing would be found each and every day.

May EC find the strength in her life to overcome this horrible event and blossom with courage and love.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Coldpizza For This Useful Post:

What a miracle this child was found, and found alive. This could have had a very tragic ending. This shows how invaluable the Amber Alert is and how important it is for the media and the community to be vigilent.

After reading about this gang the perp belongs to, bulldogs, they're the single largest gang in Fresno, or at least they were up to '06. I'm not sure about now.

I don't think the man who rescued the little girl needs to fear the gang will retaliate against HIM. Had this been a woman, MAYBE,.................but NOT a child (or little girl). If anyone should fear the bulldogs, it's the perp.

You KNOW what they think about child molesters and murderers of children in prison. He may have just signed his OWN death warrant.

JMHO
    fran

PS....Prayers to this child and her family and friends. I pray to give them strength to make it through this most difficult time.............fran

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to fran For This Useful Post:

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    I just can't imagine what was going through her head as this man rode around with her. She had already been assaulted. No telling how he was talking to her or how he was threatening her. SICK

I agree with y'all, thank God the good man saw the news and knew what to be looking for and acted when he saw it. He saved her life.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

48. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kimberlyd125 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast