Different girls, Same room. (Blue carpet, radio, records & Headphones)

punklove

Reaction score
Why attempting to look at the backgrounds of all the photos I realized that some of the photo are taken in the same room - as posted below.

15n1377.jpg

2n0vk0z.jpg

9bcbrb.jpg

311m1jr.jpg

xl04nq.jpg

2yxou3a.jpg

I put these photos together so you can better have an idea of the room (I feel horribly for pasting something over the blonde girl, so forgive me) - I just wanted to put the bits of that dresser (or whatever it is) together to get a better idea of the room.

2ntfjfk.jpg

Its hard to figure out how long the span was between these photos -

#2 and #3 seem to be taken around/at the same time - the orange book on the shelf directly behind the blondes head in #3 is also in the same spot in the #2 photo.

#1 and #6 could be around the same time - the shelf is moved much closer to the wall in both of the photos (you can tell by the actual distance between the wall and the top of the radio, as well as the poster behind the radio).

I believe #4 is more than likely the first of these photos to have been taken in this room, you can see the lack of photos/posters on the wall that appear in all the others which makes me think he just moved in and was in the middle of putting his things up.

16hlrfc.jpg

Was able to find another photo of the blonde which allowed me to piece them together to show more of the room. If you notice I was able to match up the glass on the dresser (or whatever) so it seems thats what the room would look like.

I wonder if the martin paints box and the paint smears on what looks like a door have anything to do with each other? Who lets smeared paint dry on the floor?

Just found another -

14v0e9l.jpg

Notice the orange book in the background there, along with the dresser and whatever that stand is thats between the dresser and the wall in the photos.

Oddly, you dont see the carpet here - not sure what it is but it almost looks like a child's themed sheet on the floor where you see the carpet in the other photos.

Wouldnt let me edit the above - It looks to me that what is laying on the floor in the blonde's photo is the pillow in the first photo

dmy4uh.jpg

Wow.
Thank you.
Do we know where this actually is? Which of his apartments?
I can guess not Cali. due to none if these people seeming to have tans. Also the dress (especially the coat) suggest a cold climate, although I guess Cali does get cold in parts during the winter.
I was no help, but thanks you for putting the pictures together.

At least we now know all the girls above were at least in the same area (that room).

He was in cali until 1968, 1968-1971 he used name John Berger attended New York University.

Since we know the Beatles cover wasnt released until late 1968 we know that the photos werent taken before that.

I assume #6 was among the first photos to be taken (not nearly as much stuff hung on the wall)

The album in the background is Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane, released in February 1967. That means the photo (at least of her) has to have been taken after that date. The ablum seems to be on the shelf in all the photos except #6

The box has 'Martin Paints' on it but I cant find anything about it online - there is a Martin paints that merged with another company but Im unsure if its the same.

Im sure the radio/clock/headphones could be dated too but I have no idea how to even BEGIN with that.

The Beatles photos he has on the wall in most of these photos (Look at #1, the photos by the door) are from the white album - the four glossy photos where in all the copies of the white album, they were taken by John Kelley in the autumn of 1968.

The album was released 11/22/1968 so we know that the photos that show those pictures were taken after that date.

At the far left that paper says 'Celebrate Antiquity in Greenwich Village' no clue what that means but I think it may be something he tore out of the Village voice, this makes me think more than likely these photos are taken in New York, but who knows.

Due to the background I think photo number 2 and photo number 3 were taken in the same time frame.

The cord coming from on top of the blue box, the orange book (i think its a book?) and the lamp are all in the same position.

2n0k8pd.jpg

I noticed something on the blondes hand.. Anyone know what this is? It kind of looks like a pimple, but seems a strange place to get one?

2060f8y.jpg

...Im sure the radio/clock/headphones could be dated too but I have no idea how to even BEGIN with that.

Probably not much help anyway, the video recorder (the large unit with the clock) came out in 1965, so was probably a few years old.

This one looks like it had the same carpet and 'record holder' but the walls and floor are different.

serial%20killers
[/URL][/IMG]

The curtains behind her also match the curtains in the dark haired boy's pictures and the picture of the girl with the hat.
In the girl with the hat you can also see the brick wall behind her.

serial%20killers
[/URL][/IMG]

I think the boy might also have the bricks behind him.

serial%20killers
[/URL][/IMG]

Due to the background I think photo number 2 and photo number 3 were taken in the same time frame.

The cord coming from on top of the blue box, the orange book (i think its a book?) and the lamp are all in the same position.

2n0k8pd.jpg

I noticed something on the blondes hand.. Anyone know what this is? It kind of looks like a pimple, but seems a strange place to get one?

2060f8y.jpg
Probably not a pimple..maybe a wart of some type...whatever it is, it was an identifiable marking.

Probably not much help anyway, the video recorder (the large unit with the clock) came out in 1965, so was probably a few years old.

Thanks! I actually do think its helpful because the more things that we can date in the photo the better chance we have at making a timeline, If we know the recorder came on in 1965 we know the photo was taken after that.. The album that had the photos on the wall was released late 1968 so we know the photo is after that, ect.

It looks like they had Martin Paint Store in New York too and the box says factory ship to you, so I guess that really doesn't help. I did wonder about Lulaida Morales Sejalbo when I saw the girl in the plaid hat. CA CA - Lulaida Morales Sejalbo, 17, Santa Clara, 1973 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Im nearly certain the girl in the hat was in a new york apartment - in one of the photos there is a village voice on the floor, of course that doesnt mean that he didnt bring one with him somewhere else, I just think its more likely that that was the ny apartment.

It looks like they had Martin Paint Store in New York too and the box says factory ship to you, so I guess that really doesn't help. I did wonder about Lulaida Morales Sejalbo when I saw the girl in the plaid hat. CA CA - Lulaida Morales Sejalbo, 17, Santa Clara, 1973 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I do wonder how many people would have paid to have paint shipped to them? It seems much more likely (to me) that the boxes of paint were sent to a company not to a individual. If you look at one of the photos there is paint smeared on the floor, though I dont know what it means.

lisaz said:
This one looks like it had the same carpet and 'record holder' but the walls and floor are different.

I've been assuming Alcala had to have lived in different places in New York in his two stays, 1969-1971 and 1977. If he's renting he wouldn't likely get the same old place back six years later. But maybe that's assuming too much.

In most of the photos, nothing looks later than 1971. But in one you have the person who Judy Cole thinks she is. Her encounter happened in New York in 1977.*

(Article)
http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=11&sid=313101

(Radio interview)
http://www.mynorthwest.com/resource...hp?a=16800&f=/kiro/2010/04/04232010124532.mp3

The thread about all that is here:
Blond haired girl lying on carpet - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The photo is number 5 on this thread, the blurry blonde on the rug. At least, that's the one most people think she thinks she is.

She says in the above interview that she didn't think the apartment Alcala took her to was his. "Somebody else" was there.

He left California in 1977 with the approval of his parole officer to visit with family members. Had he been living with the same family members in the same place back in 1971?

I can't find out where he was living or with whom either time. He was 28 in 1971 but still just a college student. New York City even then was an expensive place to live.

* Edit: I assume this is the right date, as it works best with the timeline. A lot of Judy Cole articles including the one cited in this post DO say 1978.

With all the questions raised about the apartments I set out today to try to go through the timeline I have put together for Alcala based on the media links listed above. If anyone finds this helpful, good. If not please ignore. I do not want to provide individual links to every date. I have already spent about four hours going through all my research. From the information I have, I am doubting that he had an apartment in New York except from the period he was a fugitive Sept. 1968 until August 1971 when he was arrested in NH for the assault on Tali Shapiro. Most of his life events happened in California after his release in June 1977.

1961-1964 Army
Entered June 19

Feb. 7 Discharged from Army

1968 Graduated UCLA lived at Delongpre St. LA in 68
1968 Sept. 25, Tali Shapiro assaulted, Alcala flees.Hollywood

968-1971 Fugitive
1968-1971 Enrolled NYU as John Berger
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Calendar in NY apt has to be Jan, Oct 1970 or Apr 1971
1970-71 summer camp counselor (New Hampshire) alias John Burger (or Berger) New Beginnings, Georges Mills, NH
1971 FBI Ten Most Wanted List

1971 June 22, Cornelia Crilley, age 23, murder suspect, NY flight attendant

1971 Aug 12 arrested in Concord, NH; convicted in California March 1972

Aug 12. 1971 to Aug 3, 1974 Incarcerated for Tali murder
1972 March, convicted of child molestation/Tali
realsed and discharged from parole in June 1978.

1974 August 3, released; arrested 10 weeks later Huntington Beach with Julie J.
Alcala was in prison from October 16, 1974 until June of 1977.

1977 June visits relatives in NY
July 2-Aug 15: Alcala vacationed in Chicago, Washington DC and New York.
July 13: Ellen Hover murdered in New York
Aug 11 Alcala visited family in El Paso Tx

HILLSIDE STRAGLER MURDERS FALL 1977;.

1977 Sept. typesetter LA

1977 NOV 10 JILL BARCOMB LA/convicted 2010 Hollywood Hills

Nov 10 Jill Barcomb murdred in Los Angeles

1977 Dec 14, questioned by FBI in LA re Hover

Feb 26 to 28 Alcala vacationed in Las Vegas
1978 March 22, interviewed in Monterey Park re Hillside Strangler. Found in possession of marjiunana
1978 March 22 to May 22 (approx) incarcerated for possession.

June 14 Jill Parenteau murdred in Burbank
June 20 Robin samsoe murdred in Huntington Beach

1978 JUNE 24 CHARLOTTE LAMB 32 LA/ convicted 2010

1978 Sept 13, Dating Game

Nov 10 Jill Barcomb murdred in Los Angeles

Dec. 16 Georgia Wixted murdered in Malibu

1979 FEB 12 MONIQUE H, RIVERSIDE CO. CA/ arrested released on bond

1979 JUNE 14 JILLL PARENTEAU, 21, LA/convicted 2010

1979 JUNE 20 ROBIN SAMSOE, LA/convicted 2010

1979 July 8 told girlfriend he was moving to Texas

1979 JULY 11 Rents storage locker in Washington, gone 3 days

1979 July 24 Arrested at mother's home
July 24 arrested for Samsoe murder
END OF FREEDOM TO DATE

The only thing I am not sure of is whether he was arrested at his mother's home on July 24 or he had an apartment. If anyone sees any glaring mistakes, please let me know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back