GUILTY TX - Saul Castillo, 2 mos, starved to death, Harris County, 26 Oct 2004

Tuffy

Not really that tough...
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for this one, but I was extremely upset by this:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/dpp/news/092710-Mom-of-Starved-Baby-Serves-7-Months-of-20-Year-Sentence

Jolene-Valencia_20100927115921_320_240.JPG

HOUSTON - A mother sentenced to 20 years in prison for starving her weeks-old son to death in 2004 has been released from prison after serving just seven months.

Jolene Valencia was freed in February due to good behavior and state parole guidelines, the Houston Chronicle reported.

From Tuffy's link:
"She had a limited criminal history and a satisfactory institutional adjustment," said Troy Fox, administrator for the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles, in explaining Valencia's release. She must check in with a parole officer for the next 15 years.

Well, what more needs to be said? Isn't that adequate for staving your child to death??? :banghead:

I'm sure those parole checks for the next 15 years will keep her from doing that again.....:doh:

sorry little baby - you deserved justice but karma will get her in the end

Anyone start the pool on when she will be reported to be pregnant?

I am so sick of hearing politicians and talking heads talk about how children our priority. Words are cheap and all evidence points to the opposite. We release sex offenders that we KNOW will rape again and we accept seven months as time served for starving a child to death.

Think about that, not a moment lapse of judgment, not a fit of rage, a prolonged slow death. Makes me ill.

I am sorry, what? TX must be cleaning house again...I remember when McDuff was let out...but I digress.

So she is free to procreate again and everyone will just hold their breath that she decides to let this child actually live.

Was she using the baby formula to create an, uh, illicit substance?

Also from tuffy's link:

"Valencia and Castillo were then arrested and charged with injury to a child. Valencia spent at least 30 months behind bars, mostly in the Harris County Jail, before the couple posted bond and disappeared to Mexico with their other two sons. They later had a daughter, records show."

Yup, I am sure she will stick around to check in with parole officers. Hands up those who believe she will rejoin the fugitive back in Mexico??

RIP little one. I am so sorry you were let down by so many, even in death justice was not yours. Rest assured, it is coming, if not on earth than in the next plane.

Why? I dont understand why? how do they justify this to themselves?

I'm glad I am not in TX :( I dont know if I am the person I think I am who wouldnt stoop to vigilante type stuff :( sometimes I just really dont know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back