LA LA - Leslie Morgan, 27, New Orleans, 26 Sept 2010

fhc

Reaction score
http://www.wwl.com/Police-looking-for-missing-Algiers-Point-woman/8290455

Police looking for missing Algiers Point woman

New Orleans Police are asking for the public's help in finding a missing 27-year-old woman. According to police, Leslie Morgan was last heard from September 26 as she was preparing to move from her home at 3XX Eliza St. in Algiers Point.

In a news release, police stated that Morgan's mother "stated that she attempted to contact her via phone, but was unsuccessful. Her mother also stated that it is uncharacteristic of her daughter not to be seen or heard from. Her mother finally stated that she had checked at local hospitals and jails for her daughter, but did not locate her."

Police say Morgan is a 5'9", 130-pound African American woman with brown hair, possibly dyed black. She may be driving a 2-door 1997 maroon Chevy Blazer bearing Louisiana plate RLK 876. Anyone with information on Leslie Morgan's whereabouts should contact the New Orleans Police Department at 821-2222, 911 or detectives in the Fourth District at 504-658-6040.

There is no other info out there yet. I am wondering about her mom's statement that she called all the jails and hospitals.
I understand about the hospitals, but
jails?
Has she had issues with LE or maybe has a DUI or lots of speeding tickets?
Just wondering?

There was just a bare mention of Leslie Morgan in NOLA.com today. It just stated the date of her disappearance, her description, and the number to call with any information of anyone seeing her.

Really, she doesn't look African American as her description has her, or at least not to me.

Will keep looking for any information!

Praying Leslie is found soon and that she is ok.

You know, now that I think of it, it seems somewhere on Eliza Street may have been the scene of a murder about a year ago. The woman came home and I think her mother may have been murdered. The woman who came home and found the body had some sort of mental problems. This is all just remembering the name of the street. I do not even know what became of the case because I never heard any more about it.

Our WS'er Bessie lives in New Orleans and may have heard more about Leslie than is in the articles on her local news.

Yes, she is Hoppy.

I wish we would hear more. Praying for Leslie and her family.

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20101010/NEWS01/10100342

Snipped from above...

A hunter alerted the Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Office Friday night after finding human remains in the woods north of Harrisonburg...

Forensic pathologists from LSU were called to the scene, and they ruled that the remains likely were that of a small-framed young female with long, dark hair who wore braces.
-----

Do we know if Leslie wore braces?

http://www.thetowntalk.com/article/20101010/NEWS01/10100342

Snipped from above...

A hunter alerted the Catahoula Parish Sheriff's Office Friday night after finding human remains in the woods north of Harrisonburg...

Forensic pathologists from LSU were called to the scene, and they ruled that the remains likely were that of a small-framed young female with long, dark hair who wore braces.
-----

Do we know if Leslie wore braces?

Oh NO!!!
Praying for Leslie's family while they wait this out. I can't imagine.

From the article linked above:

The hunter found a skull, and deputies determined that it and other remains were human. Forensic pathologists from LSU were called to the scene, and they ruled that the remains likely were that of a small-framed young female with long, dark hair who wore braces.

According to the release, the body has been in the woods for a few weeks.

Would Leslie's body be this badly decomposed already? It said a few weeks.
Leslie has been missing about 2 weeks. So, I guess it's possible.

No matter who this is, I pray for them and the families who are waiting. So sad.

Harrisonburg is about 4 hours from New Orleans

There was just a bare mention of Leslie Morgan in NOLA.com today. It just stated the date of her disappearance, her description, and the number to call with any information of anyone seeing her.

Really, she doesn't look African American as her description has her, or at least not to me.

Will keep looking for any information!
Creole??

I wish we had more info. on Leslie and her disappearance.
I keep wondering if she was one of Brandon Lavergne's victims- he worked in Venice, La and Algiers is along the way from Acadiana to Venice.

But if her car disappeared with her and was never found....I don't know what exactly to make of it. Has her car ever been found? Am I confused about that part?

There is no other info out there yet. I am wondering about her mom's statement that she called all the jails and hospitals.
I understand about the hospitals, but
jails?
Has she had issues with LE or maybe has a DUI or lots of speeding tickets?
Just wondering?

I'm thinking the reason for calling the jails was to cover all the bases. Whether or not the young woman had a jail history, it sounds like a wise thought to me. A person could be picked up for "vagrancy", but in fact, she could be "vagrant" because she couldn't remember where she lived or where she was supposed to be because of an accident or someone hit her on the head. So LE could have carted her off because she was stubborn and not sharing info, but she was just "hanging around" not knowing where to go. See?

Also, in case she went crazy and got into a fight because she was "off" at the moment, frightened, disoriented, etc.

A traffic accident that was her fault? Appearing suspicious? Thought to be a criminal? Lots of possibilities, is my thought. Why not call LE, hospitals, and jails, just in case? Maybe I've watched too many soap operas over the years...

Leslie Morgan is local for me, (really local) and I vaguely remember hearing about her when she was first reported missing. There has been very little or no coverage about her since. Maybe the local news people need a push. :waitasec:

so sad that there's barely any info on this woman's disappearance.

also, the picture of her seems to be of a teen not a 27yr old. has anyone found anything more current? i could be totally wrong though

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back