GUILTY PA - Michael Burklund, 47, murdered in his Bucks County home, 3 Oct 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Dorleen Burklund aged 49 fatally shot her husband Michael aged 47 in their Bucks County home.

Mrs. Burklund called police and confessed she'd shot her husband and when they arrived she and her 18 year old son were sitting outside the home.

This is so sad. It appears the couple were going to get divorced. They had their home up for sale but took it off the market recently. The article is kind of hinting this woman had some mental health problems IMO. The comments following the article make it clear that Mr. Burklund was very loved and successful.

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/new.../05/woman-charged-with-murdering-husband.html

Mr. Burklund was shot several times. Unimaginable. I feel bad for the poor kid. The Burklund's have been married for twenty years.

Very sad situation. The comments kinda told it all.

I hope the son is able to live with caring adults who can help him hope with all that will happen in the coming months and years.

yes this is a very sad one. it looks like she had mental health problems for years. she probably didnt even realize anything was wrong with her. so sad for their son. he will have to live with the memory of it for the rest of his life. i pray he has someone in his life who will see that he gets the help he needs now.

Sad for Mr. Burklund.

This story brings back sad memories for me.

Years ago, I had a co-worker and friend who was murdered by her husband. When she first came to the company, it was my task to help her learn more about her new position and we became instant friends.

Later on, she started to share with me things about her personal life, her long marriage, her four children (adults at that time), and that she was undergoing a divorce from her husband, who was a controlling and verbally abusive man. She was so excited to get the job and start a new life. From what she shared with me, I gathered he was a bit crazy.

One early morning, I didn't see her at the receptionist desk. My boss asked me to cover the phones until she arrived. I did, but then a call came that I will never forget. It was her oldest son and he told me that "my mother won't be coming into work today", "my father killed her last night and then commited suicide." At first I was speechless, but managed to tell him, "I'm so sorry for your loss".

It was in the newspapers that day. Her husband went over to the house to meet her to discuss the divorce and brought the financial papers with him.

When she turned around to bring the papers to the kitchen table, he shot her six times in the back. He then turned the gun on himself.

Sorry for the long story, looking back now I gather the husband clearly had mental issues and family and friends did not see this coming.

yes this is a very sad one. it looks like she had mental health problems for years. she probably didnt even realize anything was wrong with her. so sad for their son. he will have to live with the memory of it for the rest of his life. i pray he has someone in his life who will see that he gets the help he needs now.

I can't help but think about that poor kid sitting on the porch with his mom, while his dead father was inside the house. He sat there with her waiting for the police, knowing she had just murdered his dad. I just want to hug him.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stawon31
Back