Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: WA-Chris Wilson chrg'd w/Murderof Mackenzie Cowell, 17, Wenatchee, 9 Feb 2010 #20

Looking for article and picture

Awhile back I had read someones posting and a picture they posted of the ductape they said they had found after Mackenzie was found by police. It had said they took a daughter or someone to Crescent bar after she was found and seen ductape left by police there and they posted a picture also does anyone remember this article? I wanted to read this one again if anyone knows where it is??

I think the judge is correct in not letting those things into trial. Wilson should be convicted on evidence of the crime & IMO those things on the list are not evidence but character assassination. I want proper justice for Mackenzie, not a mistrial or endless appeals because of improper procedure. When is the trial scheduled for? I thought it was to start in January and it's already mid-April.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

WENATCHEE — Christopher Scott Wilson rejected a manslaughter plea that could have sent him to prison for less than seven years in the death of Mackenzie Cowell.

Yikes...I forgot the link!!!
    Last edited by GateKeeper; 05-02-2012 at 10:56 PM. Reason: User malfunction...
    If I really thought I could...
    Id give up your ghost for good.
    But Im not so sure it isnt you..
    That keeps my ghost from leaving too.
    Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:

Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jada9909 For This Useful Post:

Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:

Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to GateKeeper For This Useful Post:

Why is that chick not testifying, because she has her own charges?

Everything is MOO and I am always willing to be wrong!

October 2013 marked 60 years since Evelyn Hartley's violent kidnapping while babysitting.

We need fresh eyes in the case - please visit us in
    Evelyn's thread!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Claudette For This Useful Post:

is this trial being live streamed? TIA

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smokey For This Useful Post:

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    bumping up (jury selection has started)
    This bee my opinion

Jury selection in the trial of Christopher Scott Wilson should begin Monday, with lawyers asking the judge to allow or discard pieces of evidence before the trial starts in earnest.

Jurors will be handed a questionnaire Monday morning asking what they know about the 2010 murder of Mackenzie Cowell, 17, and the case against Wilson, 31, charged with first-degree murder. In a May 3 hearing, assistant defense attorney Emma Scanlan said individual questionnaires will avoid airing the case out loud and “potentially infecting the entire panel.”

Juror candidates will be called back Tuesday afternoon for ongoing selection. In between, Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen and defense lawyer led by John Henry Browne will present pretrial motions for Superior Court Judge John Bridges’s assessment.
    http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...-wilson-trial/
    This bee my opinion

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

On Monday morning, 75 to 100 prospective jurors were asked to fill out a questionnaire at the Chelan County Courthouse.

Wilson is represented by high-profile attorney John Henry Browne. Browne also defended "The Barefoot Bandit" and the Army staff sergeant accused of killing 16 innocent Afghan civilians earlier this year.

Wilson recently turned down a plea agreement that would get him seven years in prison. If he is convicted, he faces a life sentence.

Prosecutors hope to have a jury seated and start the trial by Wednesday.
    http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-new...p/-/index.html
    This bee my opinion

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Wilson reportedly rejected a 10-year plea deal after the defense won all of the major pretrial motions.

Browne said there are some cases in which he encourages clients to plead guilty, even if they're 100 percent innocent, because the deal is too good to turn down.

"This was like that," he said. "It's a significant risk for Chris, but he's maintaining his innocence, and I admire that in him."

At the same time, he said, "I'm very worried that he's turned down an offer that was very, very reasonable."
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yschool20.html
    This bee my opinion

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

she may be on the defense witness list. In that case, the Prosecution can cross examine her at trial.

I hope the local paper will cover the trial daily! Any local websleuthers out there that can get in and watch the trial?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Slmineburg For This Useful Post:

I wonder why TS isn’t being called for the prosecution. Her boyfriend came out and said that she called him the night of Mackenzie’s disappearance and told him to pray for her because something really bad had happened. Is his statement going to be used? What about the supposed pics and video of TS laying next to the spot of CW’s carpet that is thought to be MC’s blood? If those do exist, why wouldn’t they be used? Seems to me someone that made a statement like that to her boyfriend and them appeared in those pics would definitely fit somewhere in this trial. Am I the only one who thinks that at the very least TS knew what happened to MC, or even possibly helped cover it up? I’ve just never been convinced of her complete innocence.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyBenton For This Useful Post:

Joe Henry

. . . . for Sky.

the blood was hers correct? am I misremembering? if it's hers, it's a slam-dunk IMO

I wonder if one of the motions the defence won was to keep TS's statements to her boyfriend out of the trial ...

I want to see the witness lists

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    the blood was hers correct? am I misremembering? if it's hers, it's a slam-dunk IMO

I wonder if one of the motions the defence won was to keep TS's statements to her boyfriend out of the trial ...

I want to see the witness lists
    thanks for the link, it answers my questions above:

Police have said Cowell was killed in the apartment and that stain is Cowell’s blood, matched directly to her DNA.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyL For This Useful Post:

Jury selection starts in Wilson trial

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...-wilson-trial/

"...Prior knowledge of the case has been cited as potential grounds for changing the trial’s venue — moving Wilson’s trial to a different county in hopes of drawing an untainted jury pool."

36. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slmineburg For This Useful Post:

Jurors in the murder trial of Christopher Scott Wilson may view a video file shot inside his former apartment, hear the criminal history of a defense witness, and hear pieces of four recorded phone calls Wilson made from jail.

Chelan County Superior Court Judge John Bridges ruled largely in favor of the prosecution Tuesday in pretrial motions over evidence. Among other motions, Chelan County Prosecutor Gary Riesen won permission to show the iPhone video, taken by Wilson’s friend Tessa Schuyleman, showing the interior of the apartment where police say Wilson murdered Mackenzie Cowell in 2010.

The jury may also see photos of Schuyleman, accused of abetting Wilson after the murder but never charged, which authorities say were taken by Wilson and show her posing as a corpse in the apartment, either on or very near a carpet stain purportedly left by Cowell’s blood.
    http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...wilsons-trial/
    This bee my opinion

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nursebeeme For This Useful Post:

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

Wenatchee World‏ @Wenatcheeworld Tweets

Lawyers, judge view video taken of Christopher Wilson's apartment by Tessa Schuyleman. #WilsonTrial
    9:24 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Judge admits iPhone video taken inside Wilson's apartment: Can be shown to jury for value of viewing alleged murder scene. #WilsonTrial
    9:37 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Judge allows photos of Wilson's friend Schuyleman, who prosecutors say is shown lying in the manner of Mackenzie Cowell's body. #WilsonTrial
    9:45 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Attorneys spar over recorded phone calls by Wilson from jail. Prosecution says they show "guilty knowledge" of Cowell's murder. #WilsonTrial
    10:14 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Pretrial motions: 22 jurors from pool of 73 to be excused from hearing #WilsonTrial for too much prior knowledge of Mackenzie Cowell case.
    11:13 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

John Henry Browne worries in court re: change of venue if jury selection fails. #WilsonTrial
    11:24 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Browne: "I'm for the first time in my long career very concerned that we may not be able to do this case here ..." #WilsonTrial (cont.)
    11:29 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Browne: "... but I trust jurors when they say, 'I can be fair despite this.'" Judge Bridges: 2nd jury pool may be called today. #WilsonTrial
    11:32 AM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Ongoing #WilsonTrial coverage at our portal: http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/wilsontrial/
    11:54 AM - 22 May 12via web ·

#WilsonTrial Defense attorney Browne presents judge with "boilerplate change of venue motion." "When we need it, we'll file it," he says.
    1:32 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Is this trial being streamed?

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to redsky For This Useful Post:

Liz is offline I am not a chemist and this is not my 1st rodeo

More tweets from @WenatcheeWorld

4 more jurors excused from hearing #WilsonTrial, for a total of 26 out of 73-person pool of candidates.
    3:03 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Judge Bridges to summon second pool of 80 more potential jurors for #WilsonTrial. Selection to continue thru Wednesday.
    3:15 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

Need for more jurors would push opening statements from planned Wednesday start to at least Thursday. #WilsonTrial
    3:16 PM - 22 May 12via TweetDeck ·

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Liz For This Useful Post:

Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast