Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by B Buzz View Post
    good point . could both locations be possible?
    The way I understood Kruse was that the triangulations only give a radius of where the pings could of been coming from, and both the boat launch AND the salon are in that radius (as would everything in between).

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hmmm? For This Useful Post:

Dear Posters:

Just wanted to mention that since this thread is now in Awaiting Trial, I am no longer a moderator.

Kimster, JBean, and Tricia moderate this forum.

If you have a question or need a mod, please PM or email one of them. Try Kimster first. She is on WS most of the time.

Thanks!

Hoppy
    mod (elsewhere)
    "Don't forget the kangaroo!"

4. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to hoppyfrog For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hmmm? View Post
    The way I understood Kruse was that the triangulations only give a radius of where the pings could of been coming from, and both the boat launch AND the salon are in that radius (as would everything in between).
    "Cell phone data indicates Cowell’s phone “could have been sending or receiving calls and data between 1500 (3 p.m.) and 1542 (3:42 p.m.) from the area of 404 S. Chelan Ave. However, it states that “other data and analysis suggests she received these calls and one additional one while her phone was at the Orondo (Avenue) Boat launch in Wenatchee."

http://www.wenatcheeworld.com/news/2...light-on-case/

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PlainFranky For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by LadyL View Post
    [bbm]

or he was ...

maybe the wrong number person didn't know her but they might know him
    Bingo. Think you hit it. I doubt highly that Mac was in control of that phone. Has LE given a specific time frame on those calls? I'm sure they have, but can't find it in my notes.

Personally, I think this all went down very quickly after she left the Academy, and I doubt she was in control of that phone any longer at 3:30pm when only a "hey" was texted back to her boyfriend and no further texts back to him.

Yes indeedy. Who WAS he trying to call. Same number 6 times likely was just using the redial and not keying in the number. If somebody Mac knew, why didn't she have the number in the phonebook on her cell and dial from there? If it were somebody that I wanted to get in touch with that badly, I do believe it would rate storing rather than dialing all 10 digits on a tiny keypad. In other words, somebody she knew, not a random "I think I should call so-and-so who I haven't been in touch with in years, if ever."

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anyoldtime48 For This Useful Post:

uncut 25 minute Press conference that was held in wenatchee October 7th regarding Christopher Wilson's arrest for Mackenzie Cowell's murder.:http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=13285462 This is KHQ6 North Idaho television news.
    http://www.khq.com/Global/story.asp?S=13285462
    Thanks for attributing KHQ to N Idaho (I think), but they are actually in Spokane.

Not sure why theirs is only 25 mins, but if same as what I watched there live, was only 1 mostly fixed camera that stayed on the speakers up front?

This one of the news conference is 31 minutes long and camera isn't fixed. It also shows some of the crowd standing along one wall, who are at least in part, instructors and students from the Academy.

ETA: KOMO's audio is much better as well. KHQ's is hurting my tender ears.

The video is right below the story.

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/104495859.html

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to anyoldtime48 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by anyoldtime48 View Post
    Bingo. Think you hit it. I doubt highly that Mac was in control of that phone. Has LE given a specific time frame on those calls? I'm sure they have, but can't find it in my notes.

Personally, I think this all went down very quickly after she left the Academy, and I doubt she was in control of that phone any longer at 3:30pm when only a "hey" was texted back to her boyfriend and no further texts back to him.

Yes indeedy. Who WAS he trying to call. Same number 6 times likely was just using the redial and not keying in the number. If somebody Mac knew, why didn't she have the number in the phonebook on her cell and dial from there? If it were somebody that I wanted to get in touch with that badly, I do believe it would rate storing rather than dialing all 10 digits on a tiny keypad. In other words, somebody she knew, not a random "I think I should call so-and-so who I haven't been in touch with in years, if ever."
    I didn't catch the time frames on the calls either. If he was using her phone for some reason, it sure seems like someone else had knowledge of what was going to happen. But so far it doesn't seem like anyone else is involved. If somebody else was I don't see this guy not talking later on. Boy, I sure hope nobody else was because then it just becomes even more nauseating to think about.

I was looking for a video of the PC . I found a list of stations carrying it. If you type KHQ into your browser, it returns:"KHQ Right Now - News and Weather for Spokane and North Idaho" ...as heading for the page. Sorry for any confusion and that the time was off. 25 min. was what was written near the khq video

13. The Following User Says Thank You to B Buzz For This Useful Post:

Calling the same number 6 times in a row seems logical if she was trying to get hold of someone/anyone without letting the bad guy see she had access to her phone. If you hit send, it automatically dials the last number you called. Not sure why 'that' number though.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Hmmm? For This Useful Post:

Could the pings be coming from the triangulation radius of 119 Okanogan?

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YOJO For This Useful Post:

Formal charges have to be filed by tomorrow (Monday) at 5:00. Wonder if we will learn more through that process or if it is just a formality. I'm sure LE has learned tons in the last week!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Hmmm? For This Useful Post:

Anyone know the exact wording regarding the autopsy and sexual contact? I'm curious if the wording is "no forcible sexual...", would the Dr be able to ascertain if there had been consensual sexual?
    I'm thinking a possible mutually agreed upon sexual encounter during their break, after which MC states it is a mistake, never going to happen again etc. Suspect flips out, MC frantically misdials the same # while trying to calm down suspect. He figures out MC is trying to use her phone and is all the more enraged, and then...
    Just a thought.

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to h20skiier For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by YOJO View Post
    Could the pings be coming from the triangulation radius of 119 Okanogan?
    It's close enough to the other addresses to probably fit.

I'm not convinced that MC was ever at that place. IIRC, was a 2nd floor unit, and you'd have too many issues to deal with. Possibly being heard by downstairs neighbors, and hauling body out of there. No mention of any blood splatters there, just blood in carpet pad. With rentals, that could be years old from who knows who. Cheap landlord might replace the carpet and not bother with the pad.

Doesn't mean her phone wasn't. But after 3:30, she didn't respond back to her BF, which was way out of character for her. And male fitting CW's description was possibly seen walking down Squilchuck as early as 4:30pm. There just isn't enough time in there to be more than one place (with a body in tow) before dumping the car and making a decent hike back to town.

Not to be graphic, but if she died by 3:30ish below the salon, by 9:30pm at the latest there would no longer be bleeding. No way he would risk moving a body in daylight, and why on earth take it from Point A to Point B to Point C to dump, even after dark?

You'd get it out of there at first reasonable opportunity, but risk somebody seeing you coming and going with a body from an apartment bldg full of other people coming and going? I can't see any logic behind that.

IF she died in the studio apartment, he got dumb lucky in removing a body with nobody seeing a thing.

The basement under the salon is in a more commercial area, and after dark, isn't going to be much to worry about except street traffic, and if he left at say 3am, precious little chance anybody would be out to spot him moving a large object from door to back of vehicle that he would have had parked adjacent.

Of course blood in both locations could be ages old and unrelated to Mac, but if I had to put money on one right now, it would be the basement, because LE found both splatter, and direct contact blood.

If those 6 calls were made after 3:30, i.e. 3:30-3:42, then I doubt highly Mac dialed them. Much smarter for the perp (he thinks) to use her phone if he was calling somebody to help him, since that phone was no doubt destroyed not long thereafter. Better to have them show up in her cell records than on his, because it "looks" like she made those calls. Used the phone only as long as he needed to.

Wonder if LE ever managed to find calls in the timeframe that Verizon so annoyingly lost? I bet there is a smoking gun to somebody else, IF he enlisted help moving her.

She wasn't a tiny little thing by any stretch, and once a corpse starts to get stiff (would have been in a couple hours), word is they are a lot tougher to move than a live human.

But given there was a drag trail down to the river at CB, it looks like he failed to find assistance, at least at that end. Maybe a little more than flustered at the time and thus couldn't get the phone number correct.

If he had help, I suspect if it will save his butt at all (i.e. possibility of parole), he'll roll over.

Or maybe he was trying to call a band buddy with a van or something larger than the VW. With some story about why he needed to borrow it. We'll see soon I hope if anybody else jumps out of the woodwork to points fingers his direction.

23. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to anyoldtime48 For This Useful Post:

Other times, other crimes, maybe

10C11332 ASSIST PUBLIC 13:28:21 10/06/10 REINFELD JASON ACT

Name redacted because is victim

MOM CALLING IN, HER 25 YO DAUGHTER(name.. redacted by poster) IS AT LOC. WOULD LIKE CONTACT

REGARDING A RAPE THAT OCCD 10 YEARS AGO BY THE SUSPECT IN CUSTODY FOR THE COWELL

MURDER
    I'm curious to hear more about this! After 10 years it would be hard to prove, but if true..... wow!

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hmmm? For This Useful Post:

I wonder about the possible murder victim in Ellensberg. We don't know if Mr. Wilson has killed before;only that given his current residence and circumstances, it is unlikely he will again. The more I hear about Chris Wilson, the more I am reminded of Ted Bundy because Bundy also liked overkill and moved his victims around. He, also was thought of as charming, thoughtful and charismatic by acquaintances and coworkers. He, like Gary Ridgeway,often returned to "his" victim. I think Mac was rendered unconscious immediately with the other injuries coming later at the killer's leisure. It seems likely that the most blood,had she not died from an earlier trauma, would be from the neck injury. The salon basement will reveal muchhttp://ezinearticles.com/?Forensic-Blood-Spatter-Analysis---Stains-And-Spatter-From-Blood&id=934816

http://ezinearticles.com/?Forensic-B...lood&id=934816
    Last edited by B Buzz; 10-11-2010 at 09:42 AM. Reason: bad link

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to B Buzz For This Useful Post:

Thanks Anyoldtime 48. I agree with you about Mac not being murdered there at 119 Okanogan. It would be very risky and hard to hide. I was just wondering if Christopher or someone else could have been there with Mac's phone. Hope we find out what happened to the phone. Just me wondering.
    Last edited by YOJO; 10-11-2010 at 11:50 AM.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to YOJO For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast