Source: Kyron search now a recovery effort

chasing.halos

10/26/22 WAS the day. Justice for Abby & Libby
Reaction score
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...a-recovery-effort/TK8a5e4l6kamcz-eOG46Fw.cspx

October 7, 2010
Published: 6:42 am
Last Update: 7:58 am

Snip:

The search for Kyron Horman has now become a recovery effort, a source tells KOIN Local 6.

Investigators still have not named Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, a person of interest, but new evidence could tie her to Sauvie Island, where searchers were seen last weekend.

Over 160 searchers combed parts of the island Oct. 2 and 3, and will be back on Oct. 9 and 10 to search for the boy.

One source told KOIN Local 6 that searchers were looking for Kyron's body, after investigators were following up on cell phone pings from the area.

That source said those pings were linked to Terri Horman's cell phone back on June 4th, the day Kyron was last seen.

:(
'
'
'
'

I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but I'm not . . . :(

I think they've narrowed down more about the timeline and the cellphones, and perhaps Sauvie Island is the only place Kyron can be after ruling out other possibilities. If TH lied about where she was - even worse.

So now we just wait and see if they found any evidence out there. But it sounds like things are coming together for investigators.

*sigh* It's just so much worse to see it said in print. I hope they find him. Poor little guy, maybe you be surrounded by Angels protecting you and leading those searchers to where you are...

I wonder if there is any significance of this news coming out today and Terri having to come to Portland to the courthouse. Could an arrest be imminent?

http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...a-recovery-effort/TK8a5e4l6kamcz-eOG46Fw.cspx

October 7, 2010

Snip:

The search for Kyron Horman has now become a recovery effort, a source tells KOIN Local 6.

Investigators still have not named Terri Horman, Kyron's stepmother, a person of interest, but new evidence could tie her to Sauvie Island, where searchers were seen last weekend.

Over 160 searchers combed parts of the island Oct. 2 and 3, and will be back on Oct. 9 and 10 to search for the boy.

One source told KOIN Local 6 that searchers were looking for Kyron's body, after investigators were following up on cell phone pings from the area.

That source said those pings were linked to Terri Horman's cell phone back on June 4th, the day Kyron was last seen.

'
'
'
'
bbm

I sincerely want to hear about this evidence when it's found, not speculation about possibly finding evidence...moo

I don't think I can handle seeing/hearing/reading Desiree and Kaine's reactions to this. :cry:

they have now changed the wording in the article and there is not one bit about it being a recovery effort.....

just wondered if everyone else is seeing this...

eta: glad CH snipped the original article in the opening post.

they have now changed the wording in the article and there is not one bit about it being a recovery effort.....

Wow, yes, the article has been changed.

eta: glad CH snipped the original article in the opening post.

THEY DID! Oh I can't believe it! Someone is cyaing for sure! I wonder if LE called them and demanded they change it or something...

Looks like a recovery effort is underway for accurate reporting. :: Sigh ::

That's twice KOIN has published headlines I can't forgive them for. What a horrible thing to do to Kyron's parents, and everyone who knows and loves him.

OMG! They completely changed this article! No mention of searching for Kyron's body is there and it is now called: Source: Kyron search to continue this weekend; Kaine, Terri in court Last Update: 8:49 am
Unbelievable! Absolutely unbelievable.

Mods, do I need to change the title of this thread or anything? Please just let me know.

Wow. Just kind of reinforces my thoughts on what I posted above. In this case, there are no such things as coincidences.

THEY DID! Oh I can't believe it! Someone is cyaing for sure! I wonder if LE called them and demanded they change it or something...

Worst part is that they don't show that they updated it!! It says the last update is 8:49am, which is the exact thing it said when I first read it and it had the bit about it being a recovery effort in it. Now, that part is gone but it doesn't show that they updated it. Sneaky, sneaky.... :snooty:

Looks like the Koin Twitter needs to delete that tweet...

eta: oops--jinx, surfie! ;)

Yanno, if it's all the same, I think the title should stay, if only to highlight that while they might be able to change their headlines and stories, we see it as it happens, and it matters.

If nothing else, I hope it serves to demonstrate why writing articles about something should involve at least those niggling little details called "facts" and not just someone's opinion. Goodness. The internet age of reporting is getting a bad rep!

Wow. Just kind of reinforces my thoughts on what I posted above. In this case, there are no such things as coincidences.

I was feeling, just my opinion, that the information regarding "new evidence" that may have prompted the search last weekend was shared with Desiree last Friday before her press conference.

("new evidence" was in the first 'edition' of this article)

All just my opinion/speculation only...

October 7, 2010

Snip:

'
'
'
'

Well, this seems like a non-news story. When they were searching with divers last summer, did anyone really think they were expecting to pull a live Kyron out of the water?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
archangel78100
Back