734 users online (94 members and 640 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

AH reported that Fields told him a secret witness would be brought in for Misty's drug trial(s). One which is tomorrow in St.John's. From what I understood Grandma Flo was there for Tommy's hearing on Oct 4th. I wonder if Grandma Flo will be the witness? Or will there be others?

Fields said, Misty trial strategy is evolving, and is working on a secret witness he believes could boost her chances. Fields has also said said in another interview with Art that he could not say where LE was at in the Haleigh case - certain info that has been shared that Fields can not share at this time, something along those lines.

http://www.artharris.com/?s=witness

"Snip" http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/c...&caseid=192668

Case Number: 10000141CFMA Status: OPEN
    Clerk File Date: 1/21/2010 Status Date: 1/21/2010
    SAO Case No: (N/A) Total Fees Due: 0.00
    Booking No: 100334
    Agency: FDLE Custody Location: COUNTY JAIL
    Judge
    BERGER, WENDY W

Plaintiff Attorneys
    STATE OF FLORIDA ROYS, JACQUELYN

Defendant Attorneys
    CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE FIELDS, ROBERT M
    CROSLIN CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)
    CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)

Charges: Disposition:
    TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG) (893.135 1c1c) (N/A)

Case Number Party Type Charge Case Status Disposition Fees Due Next Court Event

Date Event Judge Location Result
    10/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY SENTENCING BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328
    8/23/2010 9:00:00 AM FELONY HEARING BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 DISPOSED
    8/17/2010 9:00:00 AM FELONY DOCKET CALL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLED
    6/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 CONTINUED
    4/6/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 CONTINUED
    3/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY ARRAIGNMENT BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLEA FILED

I have not looked at the actual article because I try to avoid anything reported by AH but IIRC this was reported some time ago, right? It can't be current news if it mentions trial strategy. There is no trial strategy, since there is no trial. Misty's court appearance is for felony sentencing.

Fields is hoping for Youthful Offender status for Misty for sentencing. I think any witnesses he brings to court will be for trying to convince the judge that since Misty has no priors she should be given YO status. All I have read indicates YO is the only "chance" Misty has of not being sentenced to 25 years in prison. That's her minimum mandatory, and she cannot get less than that unless she is sentenced as a youthful first-time offender.

I would like to see Misty sent to prison, but not for 25 years. RC only got 15, and IMO Misty does not deserve a harsher sentence than RC. I would like to see her get at least 10 years though...that might be long enough for Misty to get her GED, and for us to get out of her what we need to hear.

ETA: Could Tommy be a witness? He's still in custody in St. Johns and I cannot think of any reason for him to still be there, except for court...and he has nothing scheduled so, if he's going to court, it's for Misty.
    Last edited by krkrjx; 10-07-2010 at 01:49 PM. Reason: ETA

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    I have not looked at the actual article because I try to avoid anything reported by AH but IIRC this was reported some time ago, right? It can't be current news if it mentions trial strategy. There is no trial strategy, since there is no trial. Misty's court appearance is for felony sentencing.

Fields is hoping for Youthful Offender status for Misty for sentencing. I think any witnesses he brings to court will be for trying to convince the judge that since Misty has no priors she should be given YO status. All I have read indicates YO is the only "chance" Misty has of not being sentenced to 25 years in prison. That's her minimum mandatory, and she cannot get less than that unless she is sentenced as a youthful first-time offender.

I would like to see Misty sent to prison, but not for 25 years. RC only got 15, and IMO Misty does not deserve a harsher sentence than RC. I would like to see her get at least 10 years though...that might be long enough for Misty to get her GED, and for us to get out of her what we need to hear.

ETA: Could Tommy be a witness? He's still in custody in St. Johns and I cannot think of any reason for him to still be there, except for court...and he has nothing scheduled so, if he's going to court, it's for Misty.

Maybe Tommy will finally tell the truth and we will hear it tomorrow. Only one could hope and

Here is where I get confused, Misty has several charges in Putnam and only 2 in St.John's if I got it right. If Fields tries to get her the YO program in St.John's then she will be serving a heck of a lot of yrs in Putnam where her other 5 charges are right? I thought he was going to try and combine the charges? Something like that. I am so confused..she has sentencing in Putnam for her other charges on 10/19/2010.

2010.10.19 - Misty's Felony Sentencing For Putnam Co.

"Snip" http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

542010CF000138XXAXMX 01/21/2010
    Defendant: CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE
    Alias: CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE

542010CF000139XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000140XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000141XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000142XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000251XXAXMX 02/03/2010

542010CF000252XXAXMX 02/03/2010

08/16/2010 46 ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 30 YRS DOC &/OR $10,000 FINE

08/16/2010 46 PLEA ACCEPTED, PSI ORDERED, SENTENCING SET 10/19/2010

08/16/2010 46 SENTENCING RESET TO 10/04/2010 @ 1:30 PM

08/19/2010 47 REQUEST FO PSI

08/19/2010 48 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (10-04-2010 @ 1:30 PM) IN JAIL

08/19/2010 49 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (10-04-2010 @ 1:30 PM)

09/02/2010 50 CASE RESET TO 10/19/2010

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    Maybe Tommy will finally tell the truth and we will hear it tomorrow. Only one could hope and

Here is where I get confused, Misty has several charges in Putnam and only 2 in St.John's if I got it right. If Fields tries to get her the YO program in St.John's then she will be serving a heck of a lot of yrs in Putnam where her other 5 charges are right? I thought he was going to try and combine the charges? Something like that. I am so confused..she has sentencing in Putnam for her other charges on 10/19/2010.
    Misty has only one charge in St. Johns; it's the same charge as Donna--they did that deal together (Donna got her charge reduced, Misty did not). All Misty's other charges are in Putnam.

Early on, I heard that Fields was trying to get all charges consolidated into one county for the sole purpose of avoiding two separate mandatory minimums. So, I was confused when that didn't happen. Maybe it can happen now?

Misty has a total of three charges with 25-year minimums, the one in St. Johns will be sentenced tomorrow or consolidated into the Putnam charges. From the look of the docket, it is sentencing period! Whether the judge has discretion to do anything else remains to be seen. We may find out tomorrow.

I don't want to see Misty get more time than the others...she is clearly not the only one who knows what happened that night and I do not believe she is the one who harmed/killed Haleigh. I know the sentencing is not for that (Haleigh) but it might be all we get in the way of justice for her...
    Just my opinion, of course.

I was thinking at one time that Misty could get Youthful Offender in one county and Drug Court in the other county. But once a person pleads and all that remains is sentencing, it could be too late for Drug Court to come into play.

I do hope there is some recourse legally for this girl but I would still like to see her do some time...at least long enough to get her GED and possibly some type of vocational training. The courts would be doing Misty no favor by letting her out on the streets to fend for herself with nothing going for her.

If I could make a collage of photos to a song between Misty and RC - it would be to this song. I hope I am not wrong, but I honestly do not feel that Misty did any harm to HaLeigh. I truly believe she was the happiest when she married the "Love of her life" and I feel so sorry for her right now, she is all alone ....

http://youtu.be/ilny-CIVdnQ
    Last edited by B4igo2it; 10-07-2010 at 03:29 PM. Reason: trying 2 post link only
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post

You're right about Tommy maybe being a witness, but God, I hope not. The courts don't like him, but also, I would think that Fields could do better than that.

Well, Misty goes before a St. John's County judge tomorrow (Berger), Judge Berger has only heard one other case with a connection to Misty; even though she spared no mercy for Ms. Donna.
    o/t: As of 10/4/2010 Donna's case status is: MOTION TO DECLARE ACUSED INDIGENCT AND REQUEST FOR APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER. NOTICE OF APPEAL. +++++ ON APPEAL +++++
    I also suspect Tommy will be in court tomorrow and/or at the Putnam County hearing. It is quite an expense to transport him and inconvenience to re-book - there is a reason he is still in SJ county.
    Last edited by B4igo2it; 10-07-2010 at 05:07 PM. Reason: add
    just trying to make sense out of all of this

The article posted on the first of this thread is gone? Did anyone read the whole article before it was removed? Would like to hear what was in the article.
    Thanks

I often wondered if the one charge she is being sentenced for tomorrow in St. Johns County and possibly be given the man min for, (if not a YO), if the judge in Putnam Co. can make that run concurrent with a man min in that county. Are they allowed to do that over county lines?

Quote Originally Posted by dodie20 View Post
    You're right about Tommy maybe being a witness, but God, I hope not. The courts don't like him, but also, I would think that Fields could do better than that.
    Well I sure hope it isn't Flo Hollars either.

imo
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

May the Lord guide all parties in their thoughts and actions in the courtroom today, and allow truth, fairness, and justice to rein.

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Misty Croslin Faces Sentencing Today
    Croslin Slated For Sentencing On Drug Charge

POSTED: 6:31 am EDT October 8, 2010

" Snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/25324588/detail.html

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty Croslin will be sentenced on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County. She faces nine more charges in Putnam County.

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    Misty Croslin Faces Sentencing Today
    Croslin Slated For Sentencing On Drug Charge

POSTED: 6:31 am EDT October 8, 2010

" Snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/25324588/detail.html

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty Croslin will be sentenced on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County. She faces nine more charges in Putnam County.
    I think most likely Misty will be given the 6 year sentence on this offense but when she has to address the other Judge for the sentencing on the other felonies she will then be a convicted felon when she comes before him and the YO will not apply in those charges. I imagine she will get at least 25 years on the multiple felonies.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Page 1 of 48 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast