2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
AH reported that Fields told him a secret witness would be brought in for Misty's drug trial(s). One which is tomorrow in St.John's. From what I understood Grandma Flo was there for Tommy's hearing on Oct 4th. I wonder if Grandma Flo will be the witness? Or will there be others?

Fields said, Misty trial strategy is evolving, and is working on a secret witness he believes could boost her chances. Fields has also said said in another interview with Art that he could not say where LE was at in the Haleigh case - certain info that has been shared that Fields can not share at this time, something along those lines.

http://www.artharris.com/?s=witness

"Snip" http://doris.clk.co.st-johns.fl.us/...croslin,+misty&ps=50&m=name&s=4&caseid=192668

Case Number: 10000141CFMA Status: OPEN
Clerk File Date: 1/21/2010 Status Date: 1/21/2010
SAO Case No: (N/A) Total Fees Due: 0.00
Booking No: 100334
Agency: FDLE Custody Location: COUNTY JAIL
Judge
BERGER, WENDY W

Plaintiff Attorneys
STATE OF FLORIDA ROYS, JACQUELYN

Defendant Attorneys
CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE FIELDS, ROBERT M
CROSLIN CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)
CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE (Alias)

Charges: Disposition:
TRAFFICKING IN OXYCODONE (28 G - 30 KG) (893.135 1c1c) (N/A)

Case Number Party Type Charge Case Status Disposition Fees Due Next Court Event

Date Event Judge Location Result
10/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY SENTENCING BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328
8/23/2010 9:00:00 AM FELONY HEARING BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 DISPOSED
8/17/2010 9:00:00 AM FELONY DOCKET CALL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLED
6/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 CONTINUED
4/6/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY PRETRIAL BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 CONTINUED
3/8/2010 1:30:00 PM FELONY ARRAIGNMENT BERGER, WENDY W Courtroom 328 PLEA FILED

I have not looked at the actual article because I try to avoid anything reported by AH but IIRC this was reported some time ago, right? It can't be current news if it mentions trial strategy. There is no trial strategy, since there is no trial. Misty's court appearance is for felony sentencing.

Fields is hoping for Youthful Offender status for Misty for sentencing. I think any witnesses he brings to court will be for trying to convince the judge that since Misty has no priors she should be given YO status. All I have read indicates YO is the only "chance" Misty has of not being sentenced to 25 years in prison. That's her minimum mandatory, and she cannot get less than that unless she is sentenced as a youthful first-time offender.

I would like to see Misty sent to prison, but not for 25 years. RC only got 15, and IMO Misty does not deserve a harsher sentence than RC. I would like to see her get at least 10 years though...that might be long enough for Misty to get her GED, and for us to get out of her what we need to hear.

ETA: Could Tommy be a witness? He's still in custody in St. Johns and I cannot think of any reason for him to still be there, except for court...and he has nothing scheduled so, if he's going to court, it's for Misty.

I have not looked at the actual article because I try to avoid anything reported by AH but IIRC this was reported some time ago, right? It can't be current news if it mentions trial strategy. There is no trial strategy, since there is no trial. Misty's court appearance is for felony sentencing.

Fields is hoping for Youthful Offender status for Misty for sentencing. I think any witnesses he brings to court will be for trying to convince the judge that since Misty has no priors she should be given YO status. All I have read indicates YO is the only "chance" Misty has of not being sentenced to 25 years in prison. That's her minimum mandatory, and she cannot get less than that unless she is sentenced as a youthful first-time offender.

I would like to see Misty sent to prison, but not for 25 years. RC only got 15, and IMO Misty does not deserve a harsher sentence than RC. I would like to see her get at least 10 years though...that might be long enough for Misty to get her GED, and for us to get out of her what we need to hear.

ETA: Could Tommy be a witness? He's still in custody in St. Johns and I cannot think of any reason for him to still be there, except for court...and he has nothing scheduled so, if he's going to court, it's for Misty.

Maybe Tommy will finally tell the truth and we will hear it tomorrow. Only one could hope and :prayer:

:waitasec: Here is where I get confused, Misty has several charges in Putnam and only 2 in St.John's if I got it right. If Fields tries to get her the YO program in St.John's then she will be serving a heck of a lot of yrs in Putnam where her other 5 charges are right? I thought he was going to try and combine the charges? Something like that. I am so confused..she has sentencing in Putnam for her other charges on 10/19/2010.

2010.10.19 - Misty's Felony Sentencing For Putnam Co.

"Snip" http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

542010CF000138XXAXMX 01/21/2010
Defendant: CUMMINGS, MISTY JANETTE
Alias: CROSLIN, MISTY JANETTE

542010CF000139XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000140XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000141XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000142XXAXMX 01/21/2010

542010CF000251XXAXMX 02/03/2010

542010CF000252XXAXMX 02/03/2010

08/16/2010 46 ADVISED OF MAX PENALTY 30 YRS DOC &/OR $10,000 FINE

08/16/2010 46 PLEA ACCEPTED, PSI ORDERED, SENTENCING SET 10/19/2010

08/16/2010 46 SENTENCING RESET TO 10/04/2010 @ 1:30 PM

08/19/2010 47 REQUEST FO PSI

08/19/2010 48 NOTICE TO DEFENDANT (10-04-2010 @ 1:30 PM) IN JAIL

08/19/2010 49 NOTICE TO ATTORNEY (10-04-2010 @ 1:30 PM)

09/02/2010 50 CASE RESET TO 10/19/2010

Maybe Tommy will finally tell the truth and we will hear it tomorrow. Only one could hope and :prayer:

:waitasec: Here is where I get confused, Misty has several charges in Putnam and only 2 in St.John's if I got it right. If Fields tries to get her the YO program in St.John's then she will be serving a heck of a lot of yrs in Putnam where her other 5 charges are right? I thought he was going to try and combine the charges? Something like that. I am so confused..she has sentencing in Putnam for her other charges on 10/19/2010.

Misty has only one charge in St. Johns; it's the same charge as Donna--they did that deal together (Donna got her charge reduced, Misty did not). All Misty's other charges are in Putnam.

Early on, I heard that Fields was trying to get all charges consolidated into one county for the sole purpose of avoiding two separate mandatory minimums. So, I was confused when that didn't happen. Maybe it can happen now? :waitasec:

Misty has a total of three charges with 25-year minimums, the one in St. Johns will be sentenced tomorrow or consolidated into the Putnam charges. From the look of the docket, it is sentencing period! Whether the judge has discretion to do anything else remains to be seen. We may find out tomorrow.

I don't want to see Misty get more time than the others...she is clearly not the only one who knows what happened that night and I do not believe she is the one who harmed/killed Haleigh. I know the sentencing is not for that (Haleigh) but it might be all we get in the way of justice for her...

I was thinking at one time that Misty could get Youthful Offender in one county and Drug Court in the other county. But once a person pleads and all that remains is sentencing, it could be too late for Drug Court to come into play.

I do hope there is some recourse legally for this girl but I would still like to see her do some time...at least long enough to get her GED and possibly some type of vocational training. The courts would be doing Misty no favor by letting her out on the streets to fend for herself with nothing going for her.

If I could make a collage of photos to a song between Misty and RC - it would be to this song. I hope I am not wrong, but I honestly do not feel that Misty did any harm to HaLeigh. I truly believe she was the happiest when she married the "Love of her life" and I feel so sorry for her right now, she is all alone ....

http://youtu.be/ilny-CIVdnQ

You're right about Tommy maybe being a witness, but God, I hope not. The courts don't like him, but also, I would think that Fields could do better than that.

Well, Misty goes before a St. John's County judge tomorrow (Berger), Judge Berger has only heard one other case with a connection to Misty; even though she spared no mercy for Ms. Donna.
o/t: As of 10/4/2010 Donna's case status is: MOTION TO DECLARE ACUSED INDIGENCT AND REQUEST FOR APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER. NOTICE OF APPEAL. +++++ ON APPEAL +++++
I also suspect Tommy will be in court tomorrow and/or at the Putnam County hearing. It is quite an expense to transport him and inconvenience to re-book - there is a reason he is still in SJ county.

The article posted on the first of this thread is gone? Did anyone read the whole article before it was removed? Would like to hear what was in the article.
Thanks

I often wondered if the one charge she is being sentenced for tomorrow in St. Johns County and possibly be given the man min for, (if not a YO), if the judge in Putnam Co. can make that run concurrent with a man min in that county. Are they allowed to do that over county lines?

You're right about Tommy maybe being a witness, but God, I hope not. The courts don't like him, but also, I would think that Fields could do better than that.

Well I sure hope it isn't Flo Hollars either.

imo

:praying: May the Lord guide all parties in their thoughts and actions in the courtroom today, and allow truth, fairness, and justice to rein.

Misty Croslin Faces Sentencing Today
Croslin Slated For Sentencing On Drug Charge

POSTED: 6:31 am EDT October 8, 2010

" Snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/25324588/detail.html

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty Croslin will be sentenced on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County. She faces nine more charges in Putnam County.

Misty Croslin Faces Sentencing Today
Croslin Slated For Sentencing On Drug Charge

POSTED: 6:31 am EDT October 8, 2010

" Snip" http://www.wesh.com/r/25324588/detail.html

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- Misty Croslin will be sentenced on one count of drug trafficking in St. Johns County. She faces nine more charges in Putnam County.

I think most likely Misty will be given the 6 year sentence on this offense but when she has to address the other Judge for the sentencing on the other felonies she will then be a convicted felon when she comes before him and the YO will not apply in those charges. I imagine she will get at least 25 years on the multiple felonies.

IMO

Does anybody know if there will be any live feeds of the court hearing? Id love to see what is said since she is the "key" to what happened to HaLeigh. Please let us find out what happened today.

I agree with you there MADJGNLAW, it looks to me that if Fields isn't going for the combined charges that he hasn't helped her very much even if she gets YO in one of the counties. I do have a question for anyone here, if she is declared a Youthful Offender in this sentencing today, is she then considered a Youthful Offender in the other sentencing as well? If not combined, then the attorney has not helped Misty in any way at all, IMO. That said, I not only think that Hope, Donna and Tommy's attornies totally failed them in their representation of them, but I can add Fields to my opinion as well. Remind me if I ever get into trouble in Florida to bring my own attorney. Does anyone know how much average time was sentenced in a similar case where the charged decided on a trial jury? I know that here when you have a jury looking at young people the ages of Hope and Misty they usually don't send them away for what acquaints to a life sentence for them. Makes me think that Hope, Misty, Donna and Tommy would have fared better for themselves with a jury.

I have no idea what sentence Misty will get this afternoon, but I really would like to see her get at least 6 years. I just wish there was a way for her to get to prison before the sentencing in Putnam County, but that will not happen. I want to see her get so scared that she gives up all information in regard to Haleigh. I believe that Ronald was the so-called mastermind behind the drug dealing because he had been doing it for years, IMO. He got Misty to follow him into it, also just IMO.

With what I saw in those videos of her wheeling and dealing (under Ronald's teaching), I do not want to see her get Youthful Offender status. Misty needs to be taught a serious lesson, IMO, and some grownup prison time will do that. She broke the law by dealing and she was fully aware of what she was doing as well as the seriousness of it.

I do not think Tommy OR Grandma Flo would be good witnesses. And that is IMO. I cannot wait to see just who this secret witness is and what they say. I think the best witness would be her mother, Lisa, telling the court that Misty had had a hard life and had been a victim at a young age. Not saying the Judge would buy it and be lenient because of it, though. Lenient in my book would be 6 years.

Judges all over this country have been very lenient at times and it has backfired on themselves as well as society. I imagine this Judge has seriously looked at Misty's case and already pretty much knows the type of sentence she will impose.

All just MOO.

Well, Misty goes before a St. John's County judge tomorrow (Berger), Judge Berger has only heard one other case with a connection to Misty; even though she spared no mercy for Ms. Donna.
o/t: As of 10/4/2010 Donna's case status is: MOTION TO DECLARE ACUSED INDIGENCT AND REQUEST FOR APPOINTMENT OF PUBLIC DEFENDER. NOTICE OF APPEAL. +++++ ON APPEAL +++++ ****
I also suspect Tommy will be in court tomorrow and/or at the Putnam County hearing. It is quite an expense to transport him and inconvenience to re-book - there is a reason he is still in SJ county.

Maybe Donna will be Misty's surprise witness, with those secret tapes she recorded. If Misty brings them in at her trial as evidence that she was selling drugs just to entrap the right people and get them in jail to be interrogated, then maybe Donna can use them as new evidence in her appeal.Maybe??:innocent:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redeworker