Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010.10.08 - MISTY's St. Johns Co. FELONY SENTENCING @1:30PM (secret witness?)

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

I just read a tweet that 25 years.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by cyberborg View Post
    I think they charged her for her role in the murder of HaLeigh, they just don't have enough to prove it. IMHO.
    I agree. It just feels so wrong. Haleigh deserved her day in court.

6. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to grandmaj For This Useful Post:

"So much life ahead of me."

Prison will make you aware of that every day for the next 25 years. that's 9125 days. So much ahead of you, Misty.

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to debs For This Useful Post:

Judge had no sympathy for her at all I see. Well, Ron sure did get the sugar out of this deal. Misty gets 25yrs for one of her charges as a first time offender and Ron got 15 yrs for 3 charges and had 2 of them dropped. Something is fishy is that town.

Misty Croslin will serve 25 years in prison for trafficking drugs, a St. Johns County judge ruled today.
    Misty Croslin took the stand in her own defense, saying that she started selling drugs because she grew up poor

10/08/2010

"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...V/IfW4xWdU4%3D

ST. JOHNS COUNTY, Fla. -- Misty is being sentenced today for trafficking oxycodone, a prescription pain medication.

"It is wrong to drug deal, but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.

She agreed that for the first time in her life, she is in control.

She also was questioned by Judge Wendy Berger who asked her why she should be treated different than her codefendants.

"I wouldn't be here if (the FBI) didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.

Berger disagreed. She pointed at Haleigh's family in the courtroom. "They're here because of Haleigh, you're here because of drugs."

Croslin also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."

"But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.

The state argued with Croslin about her involvement in the drug deals; she has persisted that she was not the leader and that the drug contacts were the groups' not hers alone.
    "Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old, he will not turn from it.
    Proverbs 22:6

Quote Originally Posted by epiphany View Post
    http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/l...tid=3#comments

Misty on stand today:

"It is wrong to drug deal but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.

Ahhhhh...my mother grew up dirt poor...no one knew her real birthday either...she dropped out of high school...and you couldn't have met a more loving, generous, and law abiding citizen.

11. The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

My problem is not so much with what Misty got....but with what Ron didn't get.
    If there's hink....there must be stink.

Wow! I wanted Misty to get 6 years, but not 25!
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

14. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Amster View Post
    Yes...it sure seems it had the desired result. For some macabre reason, I can envision GGMS chopping the head off that rat with a big, bad butcher knife.
    Or with a "finger" knife. LOL
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonni Brenda For This Useful Post:

What was the point of the judge pointing out the Cummings clan in the courtroom were there for Haleigh? This is about Misty being sentenced for drugs....
    IMO, Misty was intimating she was arrested and in court because the FBI came after her because of Haleigh, and the Judge was disagreeing, saying <No>, "they are here for Haleigh, you are here for drugs."

18. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lanie For This Useful Post:

wow....just wow...Misty, you are an idiot!! Ronald is sitting pretty, smirking his special smirk just for you! How, in the name of all that is holy, can you be so stupid??
    I tell ya, if I were in FL I would be visiting Misty every chance I got until I got it thru her head that she needs to tell the truth if she ever wants to see the light of day! I am not happy, not because I feel that the justice system failed Misty, but mainly Haleigh! What did LE accomplish by this? Nothing but hide the truth longer IMO.

20. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MADJGNLAW View Post
    Judge had no sympathy for her at all I see. Well, Ron sure did get the sugar out of this deal. Misty gets 25yrs for one of her charges as a first time offender and Ron got 15 yrs for 3 charges and had 2 of them dropped. Something is fishy is that town.

Yes, and it smells really bad.

JMO
    **May God Watch Over All Missing and Abused Children**

22. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to LaLaw2000 For This Useful Post:

Well either she didn't really know anything about what happened that night or the truth may have gotten her more time I guess.

It's kinda scary that a judge can bring up a victim's family in an unrelated case though. Kinda like if they can't prove one we'll get you on another. For whatever Misty has done regarding the drug case in all reality that is not a lot of pills and what about the people who sold her their prescriptions?

Further, lots of people grow up poor MC and they don't sell drugs because of it... it's called public school = free education MO

24. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Tiko44 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    I just can't believe that no one in that courtroom as a dang cell phone and twitter account! Do they know we here at WS are risking arthritis in our finger from hitting the refresh button for hours!
    Well, looking at it from the bright side (is there one?), we couldn't be sitting it out with better people. At least we're all here together.
    I love a Williams Syndrome kid.

26. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Nonni Brenda For This Useful Post:

Emma Peel is offline Keep your bowler hat on in times of trouble, & beware of diabolical masterminds.
    okay then.

It is what it is. No bargaining. No remorse from Misty. No accepting responsibility from Misty. No mercy from the court.

Clearly, she can't help herself without incriminating herself, so ... her silence on Haleigh is guaranteed.

Quote Originally Posted by LaLaw2000 View Post
    Wow! I wanted Misty to get 6 years, but not 25!
    Misty did nothing to show that she was a good candidate for the early offenders program. She had ample time to participate in all the jailhouse programs that would show a judge she was willing to make the effort to be a better person. Not to mention the other charges she has yet to face.

29. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to impatientredhead For This Useful Post:

Good, I only wish Ron got as many.

I'm going to tell my husband when he comes home from his job where he only gets 25-30 hours a week that we are going to try drug dealing. You know, because we are poor.

My grandparents, who lived thru a depression and eked out a living on next to nothing, would spin in their grave if they heard Misty say that.

Well, looking at it from the bright side (is there one?), we couldn't be sitting it out with better people. At least we're all here together.
    You know, that's right! Even if our opinions differ, there isn't a better bunch to hang with!

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Cherry Baby For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    my problem is not so much with what misty got....but with what ron didn't get.
    exactly!

33. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to lonetraveler For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by momtective View Post
    As per - http://www.news4jax.com/news/25325313/detail.html

During a sentencing hearing that began at 1:30 p.m. Friday, Misty told Judge Wendy Berger that she was raped by two people between the the ages of seven and 14 while she was taking care of her great grandmother. She said that while Ronald Cummings was rough with her, it was an upgrade in her life and she loved him.

As per - http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/t...170750&catid=3

- Misty Croslin took the stand in her own defense, saying that she started selling drugs because she grew up poor.

"It is wrong to drug deal but when you grow up poor, that is what you do," she said on the stand during defense questioning.
    She also was questioned by Judge Wendy Berger who asked her why she should be treated different than her co-defendants.
    "I wouldn't be here if they didn't come at me... I'm not a drug dealer," Croslin responded.
    Berger disagreed. She pointed at haleigh's family in the courtroom. "They're here because of Haleigh, you're here because of drugs."
    Croslin also asked to be sentenced as a youthful offender. "I'm so young, I have a lot of life ahead of me...."
    "But you like the money?" said Berger. "Yes," Croslin responded.
    The state argued with Croslin about her involvement in the drug deals; she has persisted that she was not the leader and that the drug contacts were the groups' not hers alone.
    She persisted that she was not into pills. "I'm into marijuana; I don't sell it, I smoke it."
    If you're really poor...how'd ya buy the pot?

35. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to RR0004 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by tehcloser View Post
    My problem is not so much with what Misty got....but with what Ron didn't get.
    Yep! And what Haleigh is getting, nothing! Sad...what a sad, sad, day for Haleigh! Again, what did LE accomplish with putting Misty behind bars for the rest of her life from what it will end up to be IMO, letting Ron slide again, and giving Hope and Donna 15yrs. And as for Tommy, heck I don't know what to think about that boy anymore. I almost just want to walk away, and feel that is what is wanted in the case for people to just give up, walk away and forget that the reason we are all here is for Haleigh and all this other BS got in the way of finding her and the truth!

37. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to MADJGNLAW For This Useful Post:

Greg Page was the man Misty had an affair with the weekend before HaLeigh went missing. His nickname is White Boy Greg and he is currently in PC jail. AH said WBG's roommate is Hank Croslin Senior and Hank likes Greg. Tommy said Misty had a boyfriend that beat her before she met Ronald.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Crosby87 For This Useful Post:

What was the point of the judge pointing out the Cummings clan in the courtroom were there for Haleigh? This is about Misty being sentenced for drugs....
    Because as usual Misty tries to place the blame elsewhere.

I totally agree with what Judge Berger told her. IMO this isn't about "them" or Haliegh..........she was there in that courtroom because she trafficked drugs, period.

Even now she tries to blame her own wrongdoings on someone else.

If she got 25 years for one offense..........what in the heck is she going to get for multiple offenses? As of now she is a convicted felon.

I knew that LE always knew Misty was the ring leader.

And now I wonder if Misty had been doing this long before she even met RC.

She said that is what poor families do......sell drugs.

IMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

41. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to oceanblueeyes For This Useful Post:

IMO, the sentence was "OVERKILL".
    Pekingese "Best Of Show" 2012

25 years? Wasn't expecting that large of a number.

Looks as if Misty doesn't fare any better in court testimony than she does with LD tests.

Anyone know how she reacted? Tears? Stamp her foot? Pull her own personal "finger gun."

jmo
    The Hokey Pokey Clinic - A good place to turn yourself around:

44. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to azwriter For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiko44 View Post
    Well either she didn't really know anything about what happened that night or the truth may have gotten her more time I guess.

It's kinda scary that a judge can bring up a victim's family in an unrelated case though. Kinda like if they can't prove one we'll get you on another. For whatever Misty has done regarding the drug case in all reality that is not a lot of pills and what about the people who sold her their prescriptions?

Further, lots of people grow up poor MC and they don't sell drugs because of it... it's called public school = free education MO
    Misty brought up the other "unrelated" case by intimating the FBI came after her. The Judge simply set her straight.

46. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to darnudes For This Useful Post:

Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast